test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Artifact Weapon Description question...

therealairheadtherealairhead Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
k. Checked out the new artifact weapons, and there is an added set bonus, something like:
- air: dodge and you get a run speed buff, exact numbers all around.
- water: get hit, heal x over y seconds every z seconds.
- fire: there is a CHANCE to get 25% ap...

wtf?! Who writes this stuff? What kind of chance? 1%? 10%? 30, 50, what?!

This isn't just some trivial purchase (got to grind 100 motes, upgrade like a freak (and/or put your existing weapon into it))... just so we can go test it out to figure out what the percentage is? why? Why not just tell us? Is it because you don't want to commit and want to tweak it over time without having to tell the players? (I can't believe that personally, that's ridiculous imo). How can somebody 'buy' something with wording like that? Would you ever buy something at a store that had wording like that?

Why not just tell us what the percentage is?

Comments

• b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    Yup.

I was confused by this when the descriptions went on preview catalogue.
    You/We have the following two realistic options:
    1) Wait until others know it and then farm the motes (saves lifetime eventually because the quests/droprate is bugged too). We will be late and feel like cowards... ;-)
    2) Go farming and risk realizing later that the fire weapon is junk and you wasted time. Fatality upgrade option: Eventually you refined your old weapon into the new one without testing the set bonus and now you will loose 40% in total.

The only way around would be a quick statement from Cryptic about the ?% chance.
    I assume most players (like me) hope there is a maniac in the Fiery Pit ATM and very soon this player will do their job...

Best regards,
    Bellistor
  • setillsetill Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    in the french translation of the weapon's power : 25% chance ot get 100% ap after a daily.
    OFC it's totally wrong.
    Now i read " a chance to get " ... Nothing confuse me more... >_<

Any word from craptyc to clear this out ?????
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    asterdahl said:

Also, I know some of you have been asking about the burning weapons and the frequency with which the AP bonus occurs, and I'd like to clarify and apologize for the typo in that tooltip. The chance of receiving the AP bonus is 100%, however, this effect can only occur once every 30 seconds. The tooltip will be updated to be more accurate in the future.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    @beckylunatic: Thank you very much!

I use the dev tracker at NW:Uncensored but I can not find the post there.

TY again

//Bellistor
    edited November 2015
    b3llist0r said:

@beckylunatic: Thank you very much!

I use the dev tracker at NW:Uncensored but I can not find the post there.

TY again

//Bellistor

The description clarification was very far down in a long post, so it didn't show in the snippet the tracker displays.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• ivcakamikazeivcakamikaze Member Posts: 54 Arc User

k. Checked out the new artifact weapons, and there is an added set bonus, something like:

This isn't just some trivial purchase (got to grind 100 motes, upgrade like a freak (and/or put your existing weapon into it))... just so we can go test it out to figure out what the percentage is? why? Why not just tell us? Is it because you don't want to commit and want to tweak it over time without having to tell the players? (I can't believe that personally, that's ridiculous imo). How can somebody 'buy' something with wording like that? Would you ever buy something at a store that had wording like that?

I tested on target dummy the new burning weapons, of 10 attempts had 3 successful attempts. Next time again 10 attempts, 4 successful attempts. The chance is 35-40% for burning set to get 25% AP. Unsure whether this is the best weap set for tr.

I tested on target dummy the new burning weapons, of 10 attempts had 3 successful attempts. Next time again 10 attempts, 4 successful attempts. The chance is 35-40% for burning set to get 25% AP. Unsure whether this is the best weap set for tr.
    That is not how it works, as posted up-thread. It was triggering for you when it came off cooldown.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• ivcakamikazeivcakamikaze Member Posts: 54 Arc User

It was triggering for you when it came off cooldown.
    beckylunatic Can you explain better please?
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User

It was triggering for you when it came off cooldown.
    beckylunatic Can you explain better please?
    its 100% chance with a 30 second cooldown, per the devs.
  • therealairheadtherealairhead Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    thx all ! (thinking 50% health > 25% ap, unless maybe for pally... (?)). but thx for answer!
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    100% Chance to get 25% AP every 30 seconds was said