test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: Underdark

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Uncover our list of patch notes for Neverwinter: Underdark: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9656773

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    cant wait to get my gwf the new water sword :smile:
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Okay hold on a second.

"The more difficult the encounter, the better the chances to gain progress."

When I checked preview a while back, you had to do 100 HEs. Are you telling me that there's only a chance of said HE even counting towards your progression, depending on difficulty?
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

Okay hold on a second.

When I checked preview a while back, you had to do 100 HEs. Are you telling me that there's only a chance of said HE even counting towards your progression, depending on difficulty?

The quest indicates that one needs to obtain 100 motes of elemental power from heroic encounters in the zone corresponding to the element of the pursued weapon. There had been some confusion about whether or not it was intended that the motes were not a 100% drop rate, so this note was added for clarification.

Higher tiers of heroic encounters offer significantly higher drop rates.

• cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Okay hold on a second.

The quest indicates that one needs to obtain 100 motes of elemental power from heroic encounters in the zone corresponding to the element of the pursued weapon. There had been some confusion about whether or not it was intended that the motes were not a 100% drop rate, so this note was added for clarification.

Higher tiers of heroic encounters offer significantly higher drop rates.

so is it a case might even get 5 motes from one he

edited November 2015
    Ugh, you mean that 100 HEs is the bare MINIMUM number? As if it wasn't a pain enough to run some of these things as is. The entire point of giving people the artifacts from the HEs was so that they didn't have to run queued content, right? But if you make only the big ones have any decent drop chances, that means people need to congregate with other players anyway, so what's the point?

Color me extremely disappointed.

I'd be better if the required number of motes was higher, but all HEs would drop at bare minimum one mote. That way players don't end up feeling cheated half the time.
    Post edited by theycallmetomu on
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Looking forward to most of this. Companion upgrade cost reductions aren't nearly big enough, though. And a FIX FOR ELVEN BATTLE VS THORN WARD/AVALANCHE, please. It's been reported and discussed for MONTHS.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Eventough i am still not happy with the continued stepping on small guilds that Underdark brings there is many positives in here. Since non of the stronghold changes help smaller guilds(or affect them in any way but negative) it wouldn't affect me positively for at least 2 more mods.
    • Glad to see the Cragmire crypt cheat have finally been blocked(Just pls fix the Boss fight as well).
    • Rough Astral diamond increase is a good move
    • New campaigns sounds like fun. I only hope they are repeatable
    • Skirmishes was greatly needed
    • Demogorgon Will be fun
    • Massive improvement on trade bar market is apreciated
    • Companion upgrade pricing is a very positive move
    Post edited by mynaam on
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Vanguard's Banner Fix coming soon? Please?
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    This patch rules. That is all.

Now, I must return to crafting many, many pairs of pants.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

what is actually the bug i get the lifesteal and power bonus when i cast it. 4.9% bonus damage and 4.9% ls.
  • obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Classes and Balance

Control Wizard

Ice Knife: Fixed an issue that caused this power's visual effects to display even if the power was cancelled via a Shift-Teleport.

WOW JUST WOW.

Why on the frea....holy mother of all creatures you are fixing ( FIXING? REALLY?) SO IRREVELANT ELEMENTS OF GAME which even don't have any effect on gameplay. TR can also break "visual effect" of SE and i can see how his knife is langing on me making 0 dmg, and what????? Why don't you take care of balance, new maps etc? Please have marcy....i have enough of your stupidity.
  • baeandarbaeandar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    when is the game going to launch ?
  • kamenolonkamenolon Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Devoted Cleric's Hastening light spell is completely broken, I was hoping it's getting fixed here, it's one of the most important spells a ap-gain cleric uses :(
  • rock9000rock9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    I appreciate this step forward in class balance, so i wont complain about the small quantity of bug fixes on a few of classes.
    Loved Content and Environment, extremely for AD cost of the various keys. Was nice even "Fey Blessing Enchantments renaming" (i know the full week of work needed).
    Good patch

No comment about guild

Classes and Balance

Control Wizard

Ice Knife: Fixed an issue that caused this power's visual effects to display even if the power was cancelled via a Shift-Teleport.

WOW JUST WOW.

Why on the frea....holy mother of all creatures you are fixing ( FIXING? REALLY?) SO IRREVELANT ELEMENTS OF GAME which even don't have any effect on gameplay. TR can also break "visual effect" of SE and i can see how his knife is langing on me making 0 dmg, and what????? Why don't you take care of balance, new maps etc? Please have marcy....i have enough of your stupidity.

This actually has seriously hindered my combat. I tend to dodge in combat a lot, and I'm like "Alright time to move on to-oh wait it didn't actually go off." It's a significant gameplay element, and it's something they were able to fix, so they fixed it.

Yes, time and resources devoted to one thing are resources that can't be devoted to others, but we don't have the optimization formula of resource distribution in front of us, so we can't perform the calculus. Low hanging fruit is low hanging fruit: you fix what's fixable.
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User

what is actually the bug i get the lifesteal and power bonus when i cast it. 4.9% bonus damage and 4.9% ls.
    It's only granting about 500 ish Power and LifeSteal at Mythic instead of the 1996 it mentions.
  • fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited November 2015

Looking forward to most of this. Companion upgrade cost reductions aren't nearly big enough, though. And a FIX FOR ELVEN BATTLE VS THORN WARD/AVALANCHE, please. It's been reported and discussed for MONTHS.

I REALLY DON'T GET THIS - FIXING THE ELVEN BATTLE BUG IS ONE OF THE THINGS SO MANY PEOPLE ASKED FOR .. I REALLY THOUGHT THT THE DEVS WOULD FIX THT WITH THIS NEW UPDATE OF THE GAME ...... WHY ???? WHY ??? WHY ????

PLEASE CAN YOU FIX THIS .. ITS THE MOST VISIBLE AND ALSO DISABLING BUG IN THE GAME

YOU WILL REALLY MAKE SO MANY PEOPLE HAPPY IF YOU DO THAT ...
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

It's only granting about 500 ish Power and LifeSteal at Mythic instead of the 1996 it mentions.
    i will check it again but i am sure i get 1996 ls.
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    ok man 4 hours already and still offline, can you gives us an update on the status?
    Underdark maintenance is almost complete for #NWPC. Just a few more drops of madness. Thank you for your patience!
    From twitter
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

edited November 2015
    Its seems it has been extended by 30 minutes so only 17 minutes left :)

Light is green

• alphadace#0757 alphadace Member Posts: 1 New User
    ughhhhH!!
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    We are online!!!
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    Please, fix the guild deposit bug: When withdrawal limit is set for the guild bank vault, depending on the remaining withdrawal count, guild members cannot deposit items to the vault.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
    Just ran a HE in the water zone. As predicted, didn't get a mote. No worse feeling than spending time on something you know you need 100 of, and then not having any advancement.

Terrible terrible design. I'm just going to stick with my existing legendary artifact weapons; the grind just frankly isn't worth it with how this module is structure.

I do like the Trade Bar changes though.

Just ran a HE in the water zone. As predicted, didn't get a mote. No worse feeling than spending time on something you know you need 100 of, and then not having any advancement.

Terrible terrible design. I'm just going to stick with my existing legendary artifact weapons; the grind just frankly isn't worth it with how this module is structure.

I do like the Trade Bar changes though.

While the drop rate is not 100% for motes, with the exception of epic heroic encounters, there is unfortunately a known issue preventing some players from receiving motes. However, there is a workaround. See the known issues thread for more information.

In short, ensure you have the unawakened heart associated with the element of the weapon you are pursuing in your inventory before completing any heroic encounters. If you don't, drop the quest and re-accept it.

It's advised that until the issue is resolved you only focus on one elemental weapon, and drop all other quests. The bug is that when accepting one elemental weapon quests, unawakened hearts for other quests will be destroyed. This means you won't be able to gain motes for that heart.
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Artifact Weapons
    A new item category, "Always Double Refinement," has been added.
    Items with that category listed on their tooltip will are always consumed at a "Double Refinement" rate, but are not affected by 2x Refinement events.
    Artifact Weapons rank 15 and above are now tagged with Always Double Refinement.
    It does not work (at least on elemental artifact wepons and offhands).
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    "A new item category, "Always Double Refinement," has been added.
    Items with that category listed on their tooltip will are always consumed at a "Double Refinement" rate, but are not affected by 2x Refinement events."

Doesn't work. A minor resonance stone in a level 27 artifact weapon only gives 500 points.

"A new item category, "Always Double Refinement," has been added.
    Items with that category listed on their tooltip will are always consumed at a "Double Refinement" rate, but are not affected by 2x Refinement events."

Doesn't work. A minor resonance stone in a level 27 artifact weapon only gives 500 points.

The always double refinement tag does not increase the amount of refinement received by artifacts with this tag, it increases the amount of refinement they grant other artifacts when refined into them. The change was made in order to allow players to transfer the full amount of transferable progress from an old artifact weapon into a new one, without having to wait for the double refinement event.

Once you have two artifact weapons for the same slot, you'll receive a tutorial quest explaining the tag. Additionally, you can speak to the artifact enthusiast in the Moonstone Mask for details at any time.
This discussion has been closed.