test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fighting against bots

icelusaicelusa Member Posts: 13 Arc User
edited November 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello,

I saw on the french forum that Cryptic did some cleaning on the game and banished some suspect accounts.
Well, I think it could help to show them some are still here (or came back) like those :

Mod removed image due to our rules regarding Naming and Shaming. Sorry.

There's like... 5 peoples who take 8-10 pages....
I played all day and only get like 150+ bags so it couldn't be more strange to get like X x 999 bags in 3 days.

It's something important to say and I hope Cryptic will/could do something against those bots !

Thank you and have a nice game :)

Icelusa
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    The botters have realised that when mod 8 hits, their main source of income (stacks of r4s and r5s) are going to have very little value, hence the current AH mass dumping. They can't bot rank 7s so they're looking for different routes. This is one, it seems they're now going to IWD too.
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    Why will rank 4's and rank 5's have very little value in module 8?
  • subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    sangrine said:

Why will rank 4's and rank 5's have very little value in module 8?

Because you can buy a r7 with 6 trade bars, and a lockbox typically has 5-10 on top of the regular contents. And with preservation wards costing effectively 1 bar each, rank 6 and below will quickly become mostly worthless. It's the reason you can buy rank 7s on AH right now for as little as 4K whereas a couple of weeks ago they were 30K.

Although only VIPs get a lockbox key every day, it hits the rest of the market instantly. Plus people who buy keys can get the contents of the box and effectively a rank 7 and maybe a ward on top. The demand for r7s on AH has dried up, causing massive price drops, that's caused a drop in r6 prices, and so on.
    Post edited by subnocte on
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for the report. Alas, the forums are not the place for this. Instead, please report bad behavior to Support, through Support. Alternatively, one can Private Message anyone on the Community Team to report exploits or serious issue that need looking into that are not allowed to be discussed on the forum. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.