test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Armor Question

cap1776cap1776 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
edited November 2015 in The Citadel
I have removed this question myself as it had absolutely no relevance to the Paladin class. It was a general question regarding a set of Stronghold armor, what type it was and what class it was for. My apologies to Paladin players for it's appearance on this list.
Post edited by cap1776 on

Comments

• Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Great Weapon Fighter PVE Guild armor. It's either Guild Assault Armor or Guild Raid Armor, iirc they have the same graphics.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9460133-neverwinter:-new-gear-with-strongholds-dev-blog
  • Options
    Thanks. Of COURSE it's not for a Paladin...sigh... I really wish that there were some more traditional looking armor options in the game. This is the first one I have seen that seems to have a surcoat, and it's for GWF.

BTW I am new to guilds, is Assault armor for PVE like raid armor is (I think) or is it for PVP?
  • Options
    PVE
  • Options
    zukn75 said:

PVE

Thanks again. As a newer player I'm grateful for the help.

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    All the "guild" armors use the same skin for PvE and PvP, maybe different colour palettes. The Dragonflight and Lionsmane sets use the same base as well with different thematic tat glued on.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    PvP: "Grim" & "Burning" from trade of Blades, forgot the guild one's name, though.
  • Options
    cardsfan2005cardsfan2005 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    If you havent alredy done the Dread Ring, the Thayan Servitor armor for an OP is pretty cool looking, although I like how they included standards in the Guild armor. It's like old school D&D more.
  • Options
    azurerogue1824azurerogue1824 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    cap1776 said:

Thanks. Of COURSE it's not for a Paladin...sigh... I really wish that there were some more traditional looking armor options in the game. This is the first one I have seen that seems to have a surcoat, and it's for GWF.

BTW I am new to guilds, is Assault armor for PVE like raid armor is (I think) or is it for PVP?

The GF Dragonflight Armor also has a surcoat, not sure about the OPs Dragonflight armor.
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn I want that armor for my GF :(

Looks great and it doesn't have those, bad looking imo, shoulder pads.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    verdonix1 said:

The elven ward armor for gwf looks horrible! [...]

...easily out-uglied by DC's antlers :#
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Shall we all just agree that most people and most classes, the elven armor is not the look they want? lol
    Unless you are playing a Silvanite Elf it just doesn't look right.
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    the really sad thing is that guild armor has a 50k AD transmute cost which sucks balls since I loved the look of that armor compared to the elven GWF armor. But 200k is too much to pay when you already know mod 8 has new gear.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    This was a general question, NOT a Paladin question. It got transferred because I said I was hoping it mightbe usable by my Paladin. This transfer was both unnecessary and inappropriate, especially considering that the armor in question is for the Great Weapon Fighter class. This thread will be of absolutely no use to anyone playing a Paladin. CHEEZE!