Install Arc

Less playable class for pve

2»

Comments

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    blinxon said:

regenerde said:

"Weak" class.

It's well known that the Soul Puppet can deal a lot of damage in T2 dungeons with the right group combination beside you.
    But take that Soul Puppet solo to a training puppet, and see if you can replicate those numbers there too...
    Maybe next time some one can check the gear from this SW ^^. We all know about this "nice" buggy armor set. I know some SW with this set they bring green dragon in SH down from 100% Hp to 50% Hp in 30 secounds. Only with a healer in Grp. No more ppl needed ^^

Well, and that would be the other point.
    There are a lot of informations (equipment, enchantments, boons...) just missing here.
    So how about posting those informations, and then make a new video with that SW at a training puppet?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • akanaroakanaro Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Hmmm...I thought the answer was pretty obvious but guess I was wrong. The least playable class is the one you suck the most at playing. :pensive:

But seriously, if you put any 2 classes next to each other and they are equal in all things except the player behind them then its all about skill. Someone could be a great GWF but a terrible CW or a great DC but a terrible HR. Play styles and comfort zones vary and there is no reliable way to say this class is better than that class unless you have a player that excels at multiple classes which you do get but even they will have a 'favorite' in the end.

Now before all the SW guys jump on me and say "yeah but you don't understand, my class is broken!" I will say, if it's really that broken then don't play it until they fix it because if it's broken you won't get into dungeon groups outside your guild and you won't have fun in general. It won't be the first or the last class they screw up so just roll with it and shelf that toon until the problems are resolved. Besides, it makes you a better player when you know how other classes work even if you don't excel at them.
  • btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    So you say even if SW is my main I shouldn't play this character until it gets a rework (hopefully) mid mod 8? But instead get another character to lvl 70 and start gearing and playing it until it reaches the state of a main char some time? So why not just delete SW? Less work for developers lol and everybody can create a new main char :)
    I am suggesting to either (ab-)use the broken features to actually show the brokenness to the players and developers and having an easy life the time bugs aren't fixed, or avoid as much broken or bugged stuff as possible to achieve success in the most legit way by actually being a skilled player, which is not impossible.

• subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    SW, 2.55k ilvl, I still can't solo parts of IWD (e.g. trolls). Every other class is HAMSTER easy compared to it.

People play SW at level 10 or something and think that has any relevance to level 70 -- it doesn't. SW is more than powerful up to 60, and at 70 it's fine in groups, but solo it's a horrific until you're so well geared you can practically solo Tiamat.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Let's say there is near no class or path that does not have broken feats and powers

Its impossible to play warlock succesfully without massivly abuse of broken skills
    Tyrannical threat broken
    Puppet broken

Fury deals >50% of damage with TT
    Damnation TT+puppet >70% of hole damage
    So its a decision you have to make: stop playing the class or ignore all that

You can play GWF and do great....but beside the fact, that this class is WAI selfbuffing their at wills and encounter powers > 6 x, it has to be considered as overbuffed or broken
  • subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User

Let's say there is near no class or path that does not have broken feats and powers

Its impossible to play warlock succesfully without massivly abuse of broken skills

Tyrannical threat broken

Puppet broken

Fury deals >50% of damage with TT

Damnation TT+puppet >70% of hole damage

So its a decision you have to make: stop playing the class or ignore all that

You can play GWF and do great....but beside the fact, that this class is WAI selfbuffing their at wills and encounter powers > 6 x, it has to be considered as overbuffed or broken

As a damnation soulbinder - in PVP my puppet is easily one-shotted always (it's basically never alive). In PVE, yes in T2 dungeons the puppet does a lot of damage (still less than a similar geared GWF), anywhere else it's nothing special. But soloing it just picks up aggro and dies after a few seconds. TT is very difficult to use solo because of the over long animation, and that the curses also have a delay (and instantly aggro the mobs, unlike the regular curse). Dreadtheft just shoots around all over the place aggroing anything nearby if you can't stand back and use it with a tank, making it impractical to use solo with TT.