test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Less playable class for pve

andreasgr1994andreasgr1994 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
So as title says whats the least playable class for pve :) ?

Comments

• romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    Define "playable". Do you mean the class that deals the least amount of damage? Do you mean the class that can solo the worst? Do you mean the class that contributes the least to the group?

What do you want to know exactly?
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    not to mention there are still different builds to each class. This is a very hard question to answer, safest answer is that all classes are playable in pve, it just depends on your play style.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    Solo? SW. No contest...

...else all - each class can be skilled into dysfunction...
  • andreasgr1994andreasgr1994 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I mean is there any class that people dont play much on pve for whatever reason
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User

Define "playable". Do you mean the class that deals the least amount of damage? Do you mean the class that can solo the worst? Do you mean the class that contributes the least to the group?

What do you want to know exactly?

SW, SW, and SW :D

At least if u r not damnation.

CW is exelent in all 3 (debuffing MoF especialy)
    GWF is amazing in all 3
    TR can be amazing in all 3 as long as its not builded for pvp.
    trapper HR is amazing in all 3
    DC can be good in all 3 if right, amazing in third if virtu/faith
    GF can be amazing in all 3 if smart conq. OR freaking amazing if ~80% DR tact.
    OP is OP.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

SW is too squishy. Non-Trapper HR is close second...

...both are better with good-ish gear later on, and even more in a party context. And if you have a Bubbladin in there squishyness is all but irrelevant.

So, basically, you can see all classes in the later game, just for some the path there is a long lesson in frustration tolerance - unless they have a guild or friend pool to support them during their time in Campaignistan...
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Not-trapper hrs hands down.
    Not-destroyer gwfs second.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

Not-trapper hrs hands down.

Not-destroyer gwfs second.

Even as trapper I have to get myself an additional healing source from time to time due to the sucky dodge mechanic and having to facetank everything. At least the GWF can absorb all that damage still and 9-10% LS is enough to sustain them.

• free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    This would make for an excellent multiple choice question.

The class least playable in PvE would be:
    1) The hardest class to fill
    2) The hardest class to solo
    3) The class that see reduced play time after Vault of the Nine
    4) The class that gets the most blame
    5) All of the above
    Blame:

It's always the tank's fault.

No tank present / You're the tank? Blame the healer...
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Blame:

Module 5 it was always the wizards fault :p This was because parties tended to consist of 5 wizards.
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User

Blame:

Module 5 it was always the wizards fault :p This was because parties tended to consist of 5 wizards.
    Not really. It was always faster with healer+tank

stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!

Blame:

Not really. It was always faster with healer+tank

Not saying it wasn't, what I am saying, is that the majority of players ran with 5 CW's.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    SW non soulbinder-damnation build is rough, at lower i levels any other spec is downright nasty to play. I tried to continue to do fury .. but It was really rough.
    HR non trapper builds.. are kind of tough at lower I levels as well.

Every other class is ok , more or less.

• blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

<
    Module 5 it was always the wizards fault :p

Yes. Cuzz most CWs made farm runs in CN solo. They just needed ppl to fill up the grp. So if you make a dungeon like CN solo and you die...guess whos fault it is ;)

edited November 2015
    blinxon said:

<
    Module 5 it was always the wizards fault :p

Yes. Cuzz most CWs made farm runs in CN solo. They just needed ppl to fill up the grp. So if you make a dungeon like CN solo and you die...guess whos fault it is ;)

I did NOT randomly die on my solo runs :p ( and you weren't there so you can't prove otherwise :p)

I did NOT randomly die on my solo runs :p ( and you weren't there so you can't prove otherwise :p)

Ha ha...good one :D

• theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User

Solo? SW. No contest...

SW you say? https://youtube.com/watch?v=O9-1P9TGv1U

is that the 2.8k SW from my guild soloing (almost all) of giants among the dead ? see I dont get why everyone is all SW suck!!
    they are my biggest competiton in dungeons (3.5k GWF) you have a soul puppet that can kinda tank and you to sick damage at range

as for the main topic IMO DC (healers in gerneal) are becoming worthess since most of the content can be run without a healer now an OP can always respec to tank but if your main is a DC it sucks bad for ya

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    theoddis1 said:

Solo? SW. No contest...

is that the 2.8k SW from my guild soloing (almost all) of giants among the dead ? see I dont get why everyone is all SW suck!!
    they are my biggest competiton in dungeons (3.5k GWF) you have a soul puppet that can kinda tank and you to sick damage at range

as for the main topic IMO DC (healers in gerneal) are becoming worthess since most of the content can be run without a healer now an OP can always respec to tank but if your main is a DC it sucks bad for ya
    Start a SW from scratch on a new account.
    Only use what you can get on your own on that account.
    Play that SW up to level 70 and then report back...

It's no secret that any class with an high enough itemlevel will have no problems with pretty much anything... but this thread is about the way to that magic moment.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    edited November 2015
    theoddis1 said:

Its not the SW that does "sick damage at range" ^^. Check your vid. He made decent damage with his skills, but hps going down fast. Do you really think cuzz he uses his range attacks? ^^. Install ACT and run with him and check again. Its funny. Believe me.

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    and my 2.4k gwf has soloed them.. I never felt the need to make a video =P Im not saying thats impressive or not, but A. its not add heavy, so its kitable and B, he did have bonding stones, a bell, and a mythic artifact he could pop every 1.2 mins for immolation spirits.

again, im not saying he didnt do a good job, its just this is clearly overreaching stating this is a example of SWs being in a good spot or not.

I know that when I leveled mine at lower I levels (sub 2k) being anything other then damnation soulbinder was worthless.

Solo? SW. No contest...

SW is too squishy. Non-Trapper HR is close second...

...both are better with good-ish gear later on, and even more in a party context. And if you have a Bubbladin in there squishyness is all but irrelevant.

So, basically, you can see all classes in the later game, just for some the path there is a long lesson in frustration tolerance - unless they have a guild or friend pool to support them during their time in Campaignistan...
    theoddis1 said:

Solo? SW. No contest...

...doh.

Question was "least playable". Which I understood as the one class that gets to use HorseSimulator(TM) from the campfire to where they'd been most often. And that is SW, until later on, when they're better geared. And you gotty be quite very elitist to not include 2.8k (with prbly full Shar/DR boons and quite some ToD and 3 IwD ones, too) in that...
  • sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    SW... nice DPS but squishy as a squishy gets in this game.

However, they are playable in PVE, there is no such thing as an unplayable class thankfully :)
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    blinxon said:

theoddis1 said:

Its not the SW that does "sick damage at range" ^^. Check your vid. He made decent damage with his skills, but hps going down fast. Do you really think cuzz he uses his range attacks? ^^. Install ACT and run with him and check again. Its funny. Believe me.

you are wrong i think
    facing anything outside a dungeon your puppet deals poor damage, even in case you got some buffs running
    1. most damage in this video ... I can´t say probably the companion :smile:
    doing SH dragons its not the puppet that deals the most damage, its Soul Scorch and Immolation spirits (firy blast) on singel target
    if you do things right you can perform very good, even better than GWF who has to avoid lots of red areas in these fights
    2. warlock is viable in PVE, its a strong class that can carry a whole group.... damnation or fury (fury only >3k GS), no matter if you run T1 or T2 or skirmish, you outdamage most classes as damnation (but also due to most player doesn't know the options their class offers) even some far better geared by using Tyrannical threat up to an abusive level, maybe considerede to be an exploit (TT = broken), beside the puppet
    3. you are very tanky if you take care of some things and can tank mobgroups and even some bosses like VT, elol (sure not by wearing 2k gear)
    puppet also tanks: scorps, endboss eSoT and MC, if needed, bc immune to aoe
    4. all you have to take care of is offhand feat BT, a bit HP , some gear, and use DT 5x stacking, this gives you 60% DR buff, scorpion will not onehit you by that most cases
    TR, DC, CW, Hunter can´t do what a warlock can do in some aspects imo

..... PVP is a weak spot facing skilled player, as long as you do not have near BIS gear and 130k HP
    otherwise you do good in average matches
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2015

and my 2.4k gwf has soloed them.. I never felt the need to make a video =P Im not saying thats impressive or not, but A. its not add heavy, so its kitable and B, he did have bonding stones, a bell, and a mythic artifact he could pop every 1.2 mins for immolation spirits.

again, im not saying he didnt do a good job, its just this is clearly overreaching stating this is a example of SWs being in a good spot or not.

I know that when I leveled mine at lower I levels (sub 2k) being anything other then damnation soulbinder was worthless.

every class has the one spec that works and 2 that dont apart from OP (tank/heals) HR is trapper GWF is destroyer ect..

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User

"Weak" class.

It's well known that the Soul Puppet can deal a lot of damage in T2 dungeons with the right group combination beside you.
    But take that Soul Puppet solo to a training puppet, and see if you can replicate those numbers there too...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    edited November 2015
    regenerde said:

It's well known that the Soul Puppet can deal a lot of damage in T2 dungeons

This was an eLoL run, which is (as far as I know) a T1 dungeon. I'm new to this game.

edited November 2015
    regenerde said:

"Weak" class.

It's well known that the Soul Puppet can deal a lot of damage in T2 dungeons with the right group combination beside you.
    But take that Soul Puppet solo to a training puppet, and see if you can replicate those numbers there too...
    Maybe next time some one can check the gear from this SW ^^. We all know about this "nice" buggy armor set. I know some SW with this set they bring green dragon in SH down from 100% Hp to 50% Hp in 30 secounds. Only with a healer in Grp. No more ppl needed ^^

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Running T1 as damnationlock I am head to head with skilled equal geared CW , TR , Hunter
    Most player who complain doesn't run the nessessary class build or setup, like using lolset and the full potential their class offers
    You can't run dungeons optimal and do good in PVP as a TR
    Same with CW strip valindra set go full damage tree and I swear i even met a equal geared CW in eCC who could hold against Damnation lock...only met one until now
    >90% of player run wrong setup use wrong build and wrong stats. That's the biggest part doing poor damage in dungeons
    I did meet every other class except tanks in T1 who could do equal damage
    Post edited by schietindebux on