test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Changes to tarmalune tradebar store?

I thought that was supposed to be in this update? I might have misremembered. When can we expect that change?

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    No.

Trade Bar changes are going to go live on the PC version with the release of Underdark.

We still do not have a definite date on when these changes will be applied to Xbox.
  • namebrandnamebrand Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Basically between pc and xbox, we are probably the bigger cash cow and they want to milk us more first...
  • deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Hence the "accidental" drop for the Elemental Flame lockbox. They did the same with the Nine H*lls. They drop it "accidentally" so some people get them. Then the crazed people who want them will spend money to get Zen to AD to buy them. So them "accidentally" dropping the lockboxes are no accident haha
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015
    The Tradebar changes are hitting the PC in the Underdark module, which is scheduled to go live on the 17th of November. There's been no confirmation yet when it will go live on the XBOX. (Didn't see Ambi's reply when I replied, had an old tab open still -- but yeah what he said.)
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User

Hence the "accidental" drop for the Elemental Flame lockbox. They did the same with the Nine H*lls. They drop it "accidentally" so some people get them. Then the crazed people who want them will spend money to get Zen to AD to buy them. So them "accidentally" dropping the lockboxes are no accident haha

business is business ya know. We all would do the exact same.

But I do believe they shouldnt say its accidentally because we dont believe that any longer hehe.

Also they should drop longer imho, or maybe a lockbox resurgency thingy would be awesome, need some stuff from older lockboxes...
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    What changes are coming?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

What changes are coming?

Check it out on the news side of the PC forum, we have ceased using the tradebar until they drop this on us, the coal wards are coming down from 200 to 75 bars and thats just one morsel (albeit an important one) my guild is not getting shafted anymore we will sit on rank ups until this change comes to us even if it takes a year now!
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Unfortunately due to limitations and procedures set up by Microsoft changes are not able to be made as quickly as they are to PC.

In a way it's actually quite nice. The Xbox economy has been far better than the PC due to Cryptic learning from mistakes with the PC over the last couple of years. In others, unfortunately Xbox will likely be consistently behind due to publishing restraints and risks in making mistakes as there is no way to quickly push out patches and corrections.

If you want to not use the trade bar store until you get it that's up to you...
    But it is worth noting that the hostility in which you said it is exactly why MMO companies don't "warn" players of making changes.

Unfortunately due to limitations and procedures set up by Microsoft changes are not able to be made as quickly as they are to PC.

In a way it's actually quite nice. The Xbox economy has been far better than the PC due to Cryptic learning from mistakes with the PC over the last couple of years. In others, unfortunately Xbox will likely be consistently behind due to publishing restraints and risks in making mistakes as there is no way to quickly push out patches and corrections.

If you want to not use the trade bar store until you get it that's up to you...
    But it is worth noting that the hostility in which you said it is exactly why MMO companies don't "warn" players of making changes.

LOL
    Hostility really? we go months being disregarded and ignored we get content that was broken on PC loaded in we get shafted with price reductions on major marks after double RP we get nerfs to leadership even though we have no gateway (which we could easily have by the way), we see guys with serious specs getting mysteriously one shotted in dungeons by adds hell the list could run this forum out of bandwidth and we are being hostile lol.

Whatever you say:)
    Oh let me just ad the Tarmalune Tradebar issue is a paying customer issue, so being concerned over the delays is legitimate as the only way you get those is out of lockboxes which you shell hard earned real cash out for, they dont come free (whether you buy keys or paid for VIP). so yes we are entitled to take the view we do on a forthcoming value consideration change :)
    Cheers
    No argument there mahburg. But that's the difference between being hostile and being respectful. :)

There's any number of ways to say you want the changes without resorting to making it out as if the developers are just being greedy or trying to squeeze money out of you. Logically...if they did...they wouldn't be dropping the price now would they? ;)

In any case, this isn't about wants. We don't know when Xbox will be getting the trade bar changes but it can't have any issues when it does. The changes to leadership were delayed too but I don't seem to recall people being upset about that. What they were upset about was that it came much earlier than even the Community Team expected they would.

Sadly, again this is a practical decision due to the fact Microsoft has a strict system for pushing updates out due partly because of their certification process. It's the same reason why PC has patches every single week and Xbox does not.

No argument there mahburg. But that's the difference between being hostile and being respectful. :)

There's any number of ways to say you want the changes without resorting to making it out as if the developers are just being greedy or trying to squeeze money out of you. Logically...if they did...they wouldn't be dropping the price now would they? ;)

In any case, this isn't about wants. We don't know when Xbox will be getting the trade bar changes but it can't have any issues when it does. The changes to leadership were delayed too but I don't seem to recall people being upset about that. What they were upset about was that it came much earlier than even the Community Team expected they would.

Sadly, again this is a practical decision due to the fact Microsoft has a strict system for pushing updates out due partly because of their certification process. It's the same reason why PC has patches every single week and Xbox does not.

Where in my original post did I say what you suggest? or even infer it.
    I posted that we would not be using the store until the price reductions, however as you raised the issue the pricing for zen in this game is extremely high and unless a small guild has a whale in there to help others out progress since mod six can be painful and slow. My complaints have always been about the impact on the average players, others have repeatedly highlighted perceived levels of greed, feel free to spin through my posts and find how many times I have posted in that vein.
    It wont be high numbers (if at all).
    Maybe sigmund might have an opinion on you going straight there.

We keep being told by those from PC, members and Mods how easy it is for them on PC may I ask do you play on Live, I noticed you joined the forum 12 days before me which is interesting, so we have been on here about the same time.
    If you are on Xbox hit me up and run through some content with our guild and show us where we are going wrong and where the game isnt broken
    Caveat no character over 2300 Il no pallies otherwise pick your classes (oh no health stones and a fixed supply of health )
    Dungeons of choice will be ECC and Lostmauth.

If your up for it I would welcome the input.

When the forum migration to Vanilla occurred many of us lost our actual join dates. Zebular and I are both players that were active on the forums before the game went into Alpha on the PC side. If you check my post history you'll see it goes back way further that my listed join date. ;)

As for the Zen store prices, I know thousands of posts is a lot but I am not quiet regarding my distaste for the price format. I tend to be very up front with my opinions regardless of the mod status. I promise you I say exactly how I feel.

However, I am also a person who tends to step back and look at things from a myriad of angles before making an opinion. As friends will be quick to say I am very opinionated but I don't get to those opinions haphazardly. As such I am also not a person to be upset when I lose my toys if it means the greater good.

Now, PC players don't have it easy. What they had was years of an inflated market. Yet throughout that time period I promise you not a day went by where people didn't complain they couldn't afford what they wanted. The devs put more and more sinks in to try to make AD valuable (which was a major request as AD had been worth less than 500:1 for nearly two years) but it got to the point they added in so many sinks nobody except a select few could really keep up.

Enter the massive changes to the economy a few months back. They reduced the amount of income in order to increase the value of AD. Lower supply and equal demand results in higher prices. This actually benefits players who are not buying AD as all of their time is worth more.

However with that we got three additional problems: previous AD is still in the market. New AD might be too hard to earn. Sinks were blanaced for the old AD generation.

But it is not easy to balance all of that. If new ways of gaining AD go too high we'll end up inflating the market. If sinks are dropped too low then we'll inflate the market. And of course the old AD will be there for a while which just adds another complicated variable to take account of. As such for once they are doing the right thing and doing all of these changes slowly so that they can see the effect on the market.

This is the exact opposite of what I have come to expect from class balances where they do so many large changes are once the balance goes back and forth violently after every module instead of making constant small tweaks over the course of months.

We don't have it easy. Frankly PC players envy that Xbox has a much more balanced economy because Cryptic has learned from the mistakes on PC. Xbox was released with a number of too little too late changes that came to the PC which left Xbox with a much more stable economy than we had and even now, as I alluded to before, PC players are sort of the guinea pigs for Xbox as the Xbox patches just can not be easily pushed to live.
    Oh one other thing just so everyone is Clear I have been on live an awful long time and for approximately a decade I was a beta tester for MS on OS from win 95 though to 7 and on their PC Games forays prior to them launching the Xbox so I know how the dudes in Seattle think and work and the claimed obstacles that keep being trotted out on here are nowhere near as onerous as is being claimed (major patches and reworks sure are an issue) minor changes to the in game economy would be no big deal.
    edited November 2015
    Those procedures likely changed following Xbox 1, Windows 10 the integration of MMO's to Xbox 1 and of course you can't forget the massive change MS had to their entire company staffing structure July of last year.

More so, the severity is that if there is some major exploit in which people can dupe all of the AD they want there is no way for them to push a fix out immediately. There's no "hot-fixing." You apply patches on Microsoft's schedule. With the PC version if such a worst case scenario occurred they could take down the server, make a stable fix and get the game up within the day at least. On Xbox you then have to go through the verification process and whatever other steps they require.
    Why risk day(s) of downtime? So they don't. With the economy there's no room for error so they don't risk those errors going to Xbox.
    Sorry you are talking about something different a pricing change in the store would not be gamebreaking and would not require fundamental code changes you are simply changing values.
    It's still a new build. As far as I am aware all new builds need to go through the verification process.

But at this rate you are no more in the know than I. We can argue back and forth all day but in the end this is how it is. Take it or leave it. Some changes you will be thankful for not getting for a while and some changes you might want sooner. In any case from what I have been told we should not expect any changes to how this process is being handled.

Never say never...but don't hold your breath.

It's still a new build. As far as I am aware all new builds need to go through the verification process.

But at this rate you are no more in the know than I. We can argue back and forth all day but in the end this is how it is. Take it or leave it. Some changes you will be thankful for not getting for a while and some changes you might want sooner. In any case from what I have been told we should not expect any changes to how this process is being handled.

Never say never...but don't hold your breath.

Well at least we seem to accept that they can technically make the pricing change if they choose, which is logical of course as otherwise they would need approval for every coupon they give us every time we drop one.

Others will have to draw their own conclusions as to whether holding back on the price reduction squares away with the precedent of hitting us with the negative revenue changes (leadership) at the same time as PC (which I suspect didnt require MS approval either) :)
    OH It wont be my breath I will be holding it will be my wallet where anything to generate Tarmalune bars is concerned and my advice to others is to do likewise dont spend them just store them until the change, which is where we came in :)

Now about my invite to join us on live are you on live and shall we get the coffee on for you to run with us as per my invite above?

When the forum migration to Vanilla occurred many of us lost our actual join dates. Zebular and I are both players that were active on the forums before the game went into Alpha on the PC side. If you check my post history you'll see it goes back way further that my listed join date. ;)

As for the Zen store prices, I know thousands of posts is a lot but I am not quiet regarding my distaste for the price format. I tend to be very up front with my opinions regardless of the mod status. I promise you I say exactly how I feel.

However, I am also a person who tends to step back and look at things from a myriad of angles before making an opinion. As friends will be quick to say I am very opinionated but I don't get to those opinions haphazardly. As such I am also not a person to be upset when I lose my toys if it means the greater good.

Now, PC players don't have it easy. What they had was years of an inflated market. Yet throughout that time period I promise you not a day went by where people didn't complain they couldn't afford what they wanted. The devs put more and more sinks in to try to make AD valuable (which was a major request as AD had been worth less than 500:1 for nearly two years) but it got to the point they added in so many sinks nobody except a select few could really keep up.

Enter the massive changes to the economy a few months back. They reduced the amount of income in order to increase the value of AD. Lower supply and equal demand results in higher prices. This actually benefits players who are not buying AD as all of their time is worth more.

However with that we got three additional problems: previous AD is still in the market. New AD might be too hard to earn. Sinks were blanaced for the old AD generation.

But it is not easy to balance all of that. If new ways of gaining AD go too high we'll end up inflating the market. If sinks are dropped too low then we'll inflate the market. And of course the old AD will be there for a while which just adds another complicated variable to take account of. As such for once they are doing the right thing and doing all of these changes slowly so that they can see the effect on the market.

This is the exact opposite of what I have come to expect from class balances where they do so many large changes are once the balance goes back and forth violently after every module instead of making constant small tweaks over the course of months.

We don't have it easy. Frankly PC players envy that Xbox has a much more balanced economy because Cryptic has learned from the mistakes on PC. Xbox was released with a number of too little too late changes that came to the PC which left Xbox with a much more stable economy than we had and even now, as I alluded to before, PC players are sort of the guinea pigs for Xbox as the Xbox patches just can not be easily pushed to live.

Not sure how some of this passed me by weird, however let me just say the AD thing is of course different, however we had all figured out they were trying to flush out AD out of the economy, however most players weren't doing mass leadership generation most were playing the game the net effect once more was to make it tougher for the lower levels to get up to where they needed to be plus they instantly devalued everyone's stuff of course over time the issue does balance out, however the initial impact was on guys who would sell zen to other players for AD a lot of guys just ceased doing that as soon as the process began.

That gets misinterpreted as a drive to increase cashflow from the playerbase and is what causes some of the ill will.

They need to reduce those sinks and the prices as quickly as possible to maintain the balances that existed before (however skewed they felt it was).
    Bringing the price reductions across to the Tarmalune trade house would be a small step in the right direction imho.

Anyhow I think we flogged this particular dead horse into the ground so will leave it there
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    mahburg said:

armadeonx said:

What changes are coming?

Check it out on the news side of the PC forum, we have ceased using the tradebar until they drop this on us, the coal wards are coming down from 200 to 75 bars and thats just one morsel (albeit an important one) my guild is not getting shafted anymore we will sit on rank ups until this change comes to us even if it takes a year now!

no kidding. I only wish I saw this a month ago. LOL. the only thing I'd say is if you want the fire archon at epic I'd buy it now. Everything else.. save those bars.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    mahburg said:

Where in my original post did I say what you suggest? or even infer it.
    I posted that we would not be using the store until the price reductions, however as you raised the issue the pricing for zen in this game is extremely high and unless a small guild has a whale in there to help others out progress since mod six can be painful and slow. My complaints have always been about the impact on the average players, others have repeatedly highlighted perceived levels of greed, feel free to spin through my posts and find how many times I have posted in that vein.
    It wont be high numbers (if at all).
    Maybe sigmund might have an opinion on you going straight there.

We keep being told by those from PC, members and Mods how easy it is for them on PC may I ask do you play on Live, I noticed you joined the forum 12 days before me which is interesting, so we have been on here about the same time.
    If you are on Xbox hit me up and run through some content with our guild and show us where we are going wrong and where the game isnt broken
    Caveat no character over 2300 Il no pallies otherwise pick your classes (oh no health stones and a fixed supply of health )
    Dungeons of choice will be ECC and Lostmauth.

If your up for it I would welcome the input.

are you kidding? the cost of zen high? right now we are back to 14000 k ad for 100 zen.. that is CHEAP.. Cheap cheap cheap.

to the mod, we didn't complain about the Ad being later because it was negative. excited about the tarmalune bar because it's positive. :) I don't believe it's happening because of a money squeeze though.

mahburg said:

armadeonx said:

What changes are coming?

no kidding. I only wish I saw this a month ago. LOL. the only thing I'd say is if you want the fire archon at epic I'd buy it now. Everything else.. save those bars.
    Spot on, nobody wants to get caught in the greater mark trap a second time that's for sure :)
  • xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Wow great discussion going on in this thread. Let me now put my 2 cents in.

Debates here are basically all about how PW is only worried about their own pockets and not giving back to the play base. This to me is 98% true. Of course they are worried about their pockets as in all companys are. That is why they are where their at. Problem is most company's give there players incentives to keep playing. PW gives a worthless zen increase. I mean seriously, 400 zen if you purchase 100$ worth!? 1 task in the old leadership gained me 3x that amount. Why not give 400 zen to each purchased zen amount? That would be giving back. Most people I know find it much more appealing to spend 10$ then 100$ on zen at a time. Hell you can't even buy a 10 pack of keys for 10$ worth of zen.

Now pw is doing mass banned on people buying from 3rd party sites. I get that totally. Again give a little more and people wouldn't go that route. Doing these bans are pissing people off even more and pushing gamers away. Couple with the GREATER marks being reduced after dbl rp, constant servers disconnects a couple weeks ago, constant unplayable dungeons in mod 5 due to lag, constants nerfs or "buffs" making certain classes useless. It adds up. Player base will drop dramatically come this fall with all these triple a titles dropping. Nows the time to remove head from butt and give some back to the players. Cause if pw doesn't, I hope they made their money on the 8 months this game has been out...
    edited November 2015

Again give a little more and people wouldn't go that route.

If only that were true.

RWTing sites are on every single MMO regardless of pricing structure. Fact of the matter is that no matter what those sites can and do undercut the company and there is really no price point in which the company can drop to (and this is all meaning any MMO develeoper) short of not only no longer being able to make a profit but also causing their game to lose incentive to play.

What I mean by that is that there are games which stood tall and refused to sell power in any way. Games which I used to have a ton of respect for because it was the morally correct thing to do for a game. However when that is the case then players still use these RWT services because they are cheating .

So the solution is to not stand tall and sell no gold/ad/whatever because cheating will be...yeah,

But then on the other side of the equation there is only so much that can be sold before playing the game is trivialized. There's a fine line between not being worth it to spend money and not being worth it to not spend it. When I game teeters to the point that it is not worth not spending money (and we are nowhere close to that despite the doomsayers most prolific in the PvP Community) then the game loses it's sense of achievement.

And a game without any sense of achievement becomes a game nobody wants to play anyway. So it's a complete catch 22 in which there is no true solution and a range of opinions on what is too little and what is too much to sell in the middle which honestly drives companies to accept that there is literally nothing they can do to stop any complaints as any change will tick somebody off. That doesn't mean they won't change something but rather that they really don't bat an eyelash as for every person happy with any pricing change another person will be ticked even if they are a sack of cheating...thing.
    Honestly I have to agree with this. The only solution would be take the 3rd party sites out of the equation. Then pw would need to implement more consistent ways of making ad for us players again. To me, leadership being changed was a HUGE mistake on the Xbox one. First off, is it even possible for people to bot on xbox? As someone mentioned earlier, we don't have Gateway either. Which would be great but whatever.

I still don't understand why these changes were implemented on xbox one. Yes I understand the developers wants us to run in parallel with pc but, the community doesn't hold the threat of botting. The market took a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> after leadership was changed. And I'm assuming the 3rd party ad sites started becoming more popular.

Overall my main <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is that casual gamers really can't make a significant amount of ad to buy the better gear/item. It's nearly impossible. You have to dedicate 100's to 1000's of hours to save up for that new perfect blah blah. Even steady playing players have to do the same. Unless you dump massive amounts of $ into the game, you won't get even 1 good gear in a month. Just saying.
    If there was a magic wand to remove gold selling sites it would be done. There's not.

Think of them like pirate websites. Do you think the movie and entertainment industry wants copies of their work being distributed for free? No. They'd love a magic wand to take down pirate websites but despite that and billions of dollars in fighting them these websites have existed for years doing just that. It simply takes far longer to shut down websites with legal force than it takes pirates to put up new servers illegally.

And make no mistake, selling MMO currency, accounts or progress is in fact illegal. It hurts the quality of the product, requires a large amount of resources to combat and is in fact making money off of something you have no right to sell. It's quite literally akin to buying a copy of a movie and then selling copies to other people.
    And that's excluding the fact that many such sites use stolen credit card information to make valid purchases to resell at a lower value.

So they are here to stay. All we can do is try to limit the damage they cause by trying to quickly get those accounts banned and reduce their ability to function but it will never be perfect as they always evolve with whatever protective measures are taken against them.

As for the answer to whether you can bot on Xbox. Simply: yes. You can.
    An Xbox is just and overpriced computer with old hardware. It can be botted and the fact that Xbox players consistently talk about gold spammers confirms it. There's not an army of people making accounts to earn AD to sell at a discount price or spamming that they are willing to sell. It's all automated to some extent.

Additionally, the gateway was a factor but it was not the cause. The developers removed leadership from the gateway before removing AD from leadership. The bottom line is that people made leadership farms which added more AD into the system for a select few (and even that was nothing compared to the amount the bots were able to gain) for a few minutes of character hopping.

The biggest mistake was ever putting such a system in place to begin with. The second biggest mistake was waiting so long to change it. If players earn more currency for NOT playing the game than playing the game then there's a huge problem...and that's what leadership did from day one.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    nem3sls said:

business is business ya know. We all would do the exact same.

But I do believe they shouldnt say its accidentally because we dont believe that any longer hehe.

Also they should drop longer imho, or maybe a lockbox resurgency thingy would be awesome, need some stuff from older lockboxes...
    Well, it was actually an accident. Not sure why we would say it isn't.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Ok so xbox can bet have bots. I figured as much. So basically the argument hete is that their is no way to level out the market. No way to implement a richer ad reward for doing something in game. So am I wrong to think PW thinks what's going on with the community, ad gain, market is good? I'm just saying , if it continues to be a struggle to make ad and buy that gear/item players want, they won't bother and move on to a different game. Trust me I know mmo games are a serious grind. I have put in 800+ hours and that is nothing compare to alot of people I know. But, I do know how to maximize my time in game and my toon is geared very well and my stats show it. As of now it's just very hard to make ad plain and simple.

Really I'm not going to keep going. This all has just been my opinion and assumptions on these matters. Players need better more consistent ways of making ad. If this don't happen , y'all will be putting the ban hammer down alot. Then people will leave. I have already seen it. I'm not justifying cheating if that is what you think. I'm more trying to emphasize the need for better ways to make ad. In no means am I personally complaining. I make do. I really enjoy the game and will continue to do this.
  • boatmanfall3nboatmanfall3n Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Best discussion on the forums is happening right here. Phenomenal to see moderators and administrative involved sharing their opinions, past experiences, and knowledge.

I love playing Neverwinter and I wish it the best. I honestly hope they find a way to rid the game of RMT.

I belive it would bring a much needed balance to the game. From my experience though, I have never witnessed a developer who successfully removed third party vendors from their game. They have been around since the first MMO and I feel they will be there until the last MMO.