test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Underdark Developer Stream: 10/29 at 4pm PT

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
We're going to show off Underdark and do some Q&A. Ask your questions here!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9620003

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    is underdark really only mantol derith? No New adventure zones?
    Post edited by rayrdan on
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Castle Never & Dread Vault
    and Clock Tower
    and Mad Dragon Lair
    and Throne of Idris
    and Pirate King
    and Frozen Heart
    and Spellplagued Caverns
    and Caverns Karrundax
    and Fardelvers
    and Dwarf King Crypt

This is D&D game where 11 of 17 dungeons were removed without explanation and have remained missing for 6 months still with no explanation whatsoever. Just bizarre.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    When is the game going to be enjoyable again?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Do you consider the set bonus from the LoL set properly balanced against other artifact set bonuses?
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Why are you recycling so much content and forcing us to do heroic encounter instead of create new content map and dungeon?

When mod 8 will be released ?

Are you planning to fuse PC and xbox server soon?

What are the next measure regarding AD cost ( Mount/transmutable items/Stronghold boons) ?

Why do you tie mastercraft to a specific boon building instead of a specific stronghold level? It forces guild to make a structure they didn't want to build.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    When will we get either in-combat regen or 12-second potion cooldowns back?

A guildmate asked me last night why I have an alt for every class except the paladin. It's out of sheer protest. Mod 6 eviscerated survivability for everyone to make paladins desirable, and no paladin will ever darken my door until survivability returns.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    zeusom said:

and Clock Tower
    and Mad Dragon Lair
    and Throne of Idris
    and Pirate King
    and Frozen Heart
    and Spellplagued Caverns
    and Caverns Karrundax
    and Fardelvers
    and Dwarf King Crypt

This is D&D game where 11 of 17 dungeons were removed without explanation and have remained missing for 6 months still with no explanation whatsoever. Just bizarre.

Wait, what? No explanation? Sorry but you're absolutely incorrect. They've said so many times before and after the fact that they were removed to be rebalanced and redone. They have then continued to say that they are still working on them and that they will eventually return. If it's too much to look up the past responses for this, then at the very least you have a response right here to such. Yes, as a player myself, I am also annoyed that they have been missing for so long. Regardless, I know and you all know (at least now) that they will return eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later. ;)

• zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Actually Zeb if you really want to be pedantic, they've NEVER said they're still working on them, they ALWAYS say "We'd like them to return." But I digress.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015

zukn75 said:

Actually Zeb if you really want to be pedantic, they've NEVER said they're still working on them, they ALWAYS say "We'd like them to return." But I digress.

Exactly. We have NEVER heard there is a team currently working on them, or an ETA. Just a vague, "We want to bring them back." I am really hoping for a real unscripted response.
    I've conveyed it so many times. The last times were back in August, on the 24th and again on the 31st. Before that, I recall not only the other Mods but the Devs and CM also replying to posts about them. It was even mentioned in some live streams.

As our stickies state, when Neverwinter Moderators chat in orange, we're speaking officially on behalf of our Boss, the Community Manager. We are his voice when we chat in orange.

So, now that we have that cleared up... How about we get some Underdark Related Questions in here for the Developers?
  • goldmoon#5670 goldmoon Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Just.. return the dungeons and keep the game as is.

I personally can't see any point to add another tiamat
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    adding Mod 8 mean more unwanted junks for our limited bag inventory, more headache and more nightmare to deal with cluttered new junks.
    doesnt mean we want a bigger bag, but we need to expand slots, add new tabs for mounds, appearances, potions for alchemy tab.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    hustin1, i am with you on surviviablity too, mod 6 is one of the most hated of all, it tore up many characters, and i am really sick of seeing "human cluster mobs" still have potions and it made harder and unchallengeable and unfun and frustrated when playing healer or wizard classes with very little interupt skill to prevent them drinking potions as you doing solo.

i want to kill mobs faster and really hate annoying recoveries, these potions and heal abilities should be belong to minor ring leaders and only in 5 man groups, they shouldnt be on those mobs on overland zones when it meant faster game play for boons or dailies when we doing alone.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I would like to know what there will be in the new expansion for those players not interested in doing heroic encounters as it seems that is all the devs are continuously adding to the game. And I mean something that will keep me engaged in the game for the foreseeable future.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    Best part of the stream was when @commanderander and Lindsay were calling Strum a noob for not picking an IcewindDale faction before trying to get into Dwarven Valley .. They really DO play the game. ;D

Enjoyed the stream. Thanks Strumslinger! =D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User

zukn75 said:

Exactly. We have NEVER heard there is a team currently working on them, or an ETA. Just a vague, "We want to bring them back." I am really hoping for a real unscripted response.
    This is an official response that, yes, bringing back the dungeons will happen. It isn't just a want. We are going to bring them back. Can't share more details outside of that.
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    zebular said:

zeusom said:

and Clock Tower
    and Mad Dragon Lair
    and Throne of Idris
    and Pirate King
    and Frozen Heart
    and Spellplagued Caverns
    and Caverns Karrundax
    and Fardelvers
    and Dwarf King Crypt

Wait, what? No explanation? Sorry but you're absolutely incorrect. They've said so many times before and after the fact that they were removed to be rebalanced and redone. They have then continued to say that they are still working on them and that they will eventually return. If it's too much to look up the past responses for this, then at the very least you have a response right here to such. Yes, as a player myself, I am also annoyed that they have been missing for so long. Regardless, I know and you all know (at least now) that they will return eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later. ;)

...you forgot the obvious reason: BOTTERS!!!

/sarcasm.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited October 2015

zukn75 said:

This is an official response that, yes, bringing back the dungeons will happen. It isn't just a want. We are going to bring them back. Can't share more details outside of that.
    Sweet. 2016 or 2017?

/sarcasm

Thanks for clarifying this, really...

...but you have to understand that in the light of today's anticlimactic companionable experience, and the buidup leading to this, I'm...

...aw, well, better stop here.

• kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Another module with no dungeon in a game from the Dungeons and Dragons franchise. Sorry, just more epic fail. 3 modules now with no new dungeons. This after removing over half of them for "rebalancing" yet instead of actually doing that they give us 3 flaming turds without new dungeons or the rebalanced ones. I'm sorry but how do you guys sit down at your meetings without that glaring mistake in the back of your head constantly creeping forward as your project manager tries to push more encounters that nobody really wants.
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    zebular said:

They've said so many times before and after the fact that they were removed to be rebalanced and redone. They have then continued to say that they are still working on them and that they will eventually return.

Thanks for the clarification. Could someone please link where dungeon removal was discussed? I do look at the forums, so that I missed all mentions of dungeons removal highlights the importance of the forum dev tracker feature for communication (which was removed asaik without explanation at the same time as the dungeons ).
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack