3% 6 votes
SW
23% 39 votes
TR
12% 21 votes

Comments

• Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    I'm playing GF, but vote HR. All of those stnaces and jumping makes me dizzy. ;)
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    Just surviving as a HR in PVP gets my vote
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    Not that I think there is anything like skill in pvp in the current state, I did vote HR as they have more options for decisions and so I suppose more skill can be applied.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Voted GWF, AS much as people complain about OP GWF damage, it's not easy landing those extremely close range encounters on most classes or people, and all their moves are easily telegraphed and usually dodgeable.

HR is another high skill cap class as you see a lot of BAD trappers, as well as really good ones, without much gear difference, its all about the rotation.

Lowest skill cap I'd put on Paladin. as they have pretty simple set-in-stone tactics that are used such as bubble spam, But you still do see some atrocious pallies.

Rogue is both high skill and low skill. a MI EXE rogue doesnt require too much skill to walk up Lashing / Shocking then roll away,, but there are some intricacies with the spec that do distinguish bad exe's and good ones. However a well played Sab/Whisper requires a fair bit of knowledge about stealth maintenance and range / when to attack. While its not fun too play against, we can acknowledge that it does require skill, I've seen some low Ilvl rogues who played so well they outclassed much higher Ilvl rogues of the same spec,
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Depends on the level at which you PvP, but i voted HR. The offensive mechanics are easy mode (trapper permaroot), but the whole defense system/ ability to kite/ dodge an attacking enemy, is pure skill. You have short dodges to combine with forest ghost or disruptive shot and all requires perfect timing and knowledge of the enemy or you die fast. At any level, while GWF low combat efficiency "kicks in" only when facing good/ skilled opponents.
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    Def HR, you have too keep an eye on your skills, while managing dodging and your target is far away.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    I have played GWF, CW, SW, HR, DC, GF, although not all are at high level but I feel HR is the hardest to play, rotating the skill sets from melee/range skills and finding the combo/timing for it to work well is no easy task (plus surviving!) Cudos to pro HRs! (not those perm-stunners :D)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Strictly from the standpoint of required understanding of class mechanics, and the necessity of micromangement in order to survive and win, I'd rate it in this order:

1. HR
    2. GWF
    3. CW
    4. GF
    5. TR
    6. DC
    7. OP

As for SWs, I don't know much about them to be able to put at any place.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    icyphish said:

I have played GWF, CW, SW, HR, DC, GF, although not all are at high level but I feel HR is the hardest to play, rotating the skill sets from melee/range skills and finding the combo/timing for it to work well is no easy task (plus surviving!) Cudos to pro HRs! (not those perm-stunners :D)

Hey, I tried to make a perma-stun HR, it is HARD to play! Especially when your are in a 5 v 5, I can't seem to find timing to get that dodge skill off while keeping perma-stun. Last time i'm playing my HR lol.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I voted for warlock not knowing about hunter, only can compared to GWF and dc
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    1. HR (non-perma daze)
    2. SW
    3. GWF
    4. TR (although not "Shocking Execution + First Strike + high power" cheesy oneshot builds)
    5. GF
    6. CW
    7. Healadin
    8. DC
    9. Bubbledin! Sorry!

What makes HR difficult in pvp are short dodges, low-ish base damage, micromanaging six different encounters, and the general clunkiness of some ranged/melee combinations.
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I think DC could be hard to play in PvP? You have to keep track on everybodys health, and who they fighting and when they gonna need heals etc. And rotating without losing a node. Its not the same type of skill that is needed for HR for an example. Its more about knowing everything that goes on everywhere on the map at all times and when to rotate.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Yes there is a big difference between a highly competant PvP DC (the few) and an incompetent one (many). I have respect for the complexity of HR for both build decisions and depth of class mechanic understanding it takes to pull off well, and particularly the technical mastery and timing involved in winning an HR-HR 1v1 battle.

I can speak for SW and to be honest, it is fun but not that technically difficult. Mostly success depends on finding one of the few best working build-feat setups and understanding curse synergy and debuff mechanics. Because so much is useless/broken with SW the choices are really simplified. I have cheat sheet of answers on "How to PvP SW" and it is only 15 things that covers both build and play including table of which rotation to use vs each class.. 1million AD its your huehue
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    i play HR archery longtermly, once you get some muscle memory, its not as that hardcore. I am on 72 banners since sieges launched, is here even bigger HAMSTER than me?
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    1. HR. Even permastun isn't nearly as easy to play as the whiners think, add in the ridiculously tiny dodge, low damage, low DR, no control break or resist, endlessly nerfed abilities, half-useless feat trees, badly designed gear, bugged abilities like Forest Ghost, long animations, and it's basically in the state TR was before mod 5...
    2. SW. There's a reason we don't see many.
    3. CW (although really how hard is it to just keep using the absurdly overpowered Repel?)
    4. GF (only because everything else is even easier. Hold shift + press 3 buttons. Rinse. Repeat.)
    5. DC (everything from this point on is just faceroll)
    6. GWF (because it's gear dependent. At BiS it's as absurdly easy to play as OP)
    7. TR. Duh. Stealth + 75% deflect + autocrits it shouldn't have + piercing damage + dailies that are easy to abuse + control abilities it shouldn't have.
    8. OP. Because it's the king of no-skill annoyance.
  • Options
    nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
    Depends on the mod. :3
    The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
  • Options
    clawler22clawler22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    Thanks for all the reply's!
    clonkyo1 said:

Define "skill", because i do not consider "skill" things like "press 1 -> 100k damage S.E." or "QER tab QER tab QER tab..." from trappers or "Tab -> KC -> Crescendo -> AoD -> Bullrush", etc.

a. Proficiency, facility, or dexterity that is acquired or developed through training or experience: painted with great skill.
    b. A developed talent or ability: improved his writing skills.
    c. An art, trade, or technique, particularly one requiring use of the hands or body: the skill of glassmaking.

• Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    Seems weird DC only got one vote, DC has to manage divinity and tab between 2 versions of its skills, AS makes it too easy, but it's still more complicated to play at a high level than most other classes.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I player GF but voted CW.

But i think HR is also one of the toughest ones because of their shift skill.

reason i pick CW is because you have to watch opponent animations and movements due to the lack of anti-cc, but i think both are considered the tougher ones.

rest of the classes including GWF doesn't require much, as long as you have some brains. most GWFs just slam their face on there keyboard like in pve so they just don't comprehend when their skills are not landing. All classes in pvp must read their opponents to land their skills.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    benskix2 said:

Seems weird DC only got one vote, DC has to manage divinity and tab between 2 versions of its skills, AS makes it too easy, but it's still more complicated to play at a high level than most other classes.

once you reach a good level of recovery it doesnt take much to press a button every 8 seconds.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    grimah said:

All classes in pvp must read their opponents to land their skills.

Mmmmmh...not on the same level.

Playing any auto-aiming class like CW, SW, HR permarooter, DPS DC, what you basically do is time your encounters to catch your enemy out of a dodge. if the enemy gets out of range your powers become unavailable, preventing you from wasting them, and if your enemy moves, a CW-SW-HR-TR-DC ffensive power just follows him and lands.

GWF encounters require the same timing vs dodges, but also:

- can fail if the enemy merely bunnyhops out of range
    - can fail if the enemy moves to the side (IBS, RS)
    - on top of that have slow, predictable animations

since these powers just shoot in a specific melee range, specific direction, even if the enemy is not there, and your only chance to hit the enemy is for the enemy to be exactly there.
    Now, vs other tanks or the average pug, you don't notice cause they are usually slow and not very good at dodging. But when you face skilled opponents, it's another story.

Even if you didn't play multiple classes in PvP, it should be clear to you why landing encounters that are short-range skill-shots with slow animation like IBS-TD-RS, is harder than landing some generic auto-locking ranged power or auto-gap closing encounter that deactivates if you are not in range to hit.

HR-CW-SW-TR-DC usually must read their opponent dodges to land their encounters without fail.
    GWF must read dodges, range, position, even normal movement if the enemy is fast like, for example, a TR.
    GWF is the only class with encounters that can be "dodged" through normal movement/ bunnyhopping out of range/ direction.

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    In case you play a high mobile runner build with your GWF you do good against most squishy classes
    Take IV , Threatening rush, bravery chose the right feats and T Negation and you can stand on every ones feet all the time
    Look up for icy's build f.e.
    Most classes can't outrun you, the only class that ends that torture GWF like that are to caster classes is TR.....ssssst SE....dead
    That's why most GWF hate that class so deeply, my warlock suffers same way
    If there were not such a weak point in GWF class, they would rule much more
    3k upwards GWF are indeed very powerfull
    Having most selfbuffs and very good tools to stay mobile
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Yeah @grimah, as soon as I face an enemy it's just "QER" and my enemy is dead because all my encounter have target lock ... :lol:

Before you spread such "stupid" comments, please play a gwf in higher ilvls levels without companions. Then you can come back again and I'm 99% certain your mind have changed!

You basically acknowledge what i said. You need to watch other classes before you spam your skills because most skills have activation times. So the trick is to time it right and use skills when they are mid-animation or fast animation skills, such as crescendo or frontline surge etc.

I've fought plenty GWFs who just use IBS or flourish willy nilly.

Even a GF with gap closers are easier dodged because their animations can be read before they actually land, its the reason why i take swordmaster over IV because crescendo's insta stun is more worthwhile than threatening rush vs good players.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    Bigger Picture:

Neverwinter is a relatively low skill-cap game. The highest maximum skill level you can achieve (mastery) with a class and get benefit is much lower than many other games.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    Like Sophi said, this game doesn't really require a high level of skill compared to other games with PVP.