test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which is the Easiest T1 Dungeon?

2»

Comments

• mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User

Time played =/= skill, otherwise I would probably be one of the most skilled players in the game and I am not. Just for reference, my paladin alone has 408 hours on it and my wizard has 1488, let alone all of my other chars (I also play tr, dc and SW). If 1 player can solo elol, then 5 can do it easily and as for me buying an xbox, well let me put it to you this way:

I live an a 3rd world country (South Africa) and play this game with a ping that never drops below 500. I cannot afford to just "buy an xbox" like you people in first world countries and quite frankly, I wouldn't waste my money on doing so for no other reason then to "prove it can be done on xbox." The point is, I can do it solo on a pc with a really bad internet speed, without being able to properly react to things that are occurring. Given those circumstances, I am fairly sure that even if we were to go along the lines of "the xbox is inferior," someone with a better ping then me living closer to the server will darn well be able to do it on xbox. If you don't want to believe me, that is fine, there is probably someone on the xbox playing right now who can prove you wrong though.

PC and Xbox are two totally different platforms. Just because you could solo that dungeon on PC doesn't mean you'll be able to do it on Xbox. Ping is not the only factor in the equation.
    But you cant say that the PC gods know everything about how the game is played on multiple platforms, the fact we don't have Kboard shortcuts wont be a factor at all lol.

I have guildies with bad connections and I was playing this game on pretty poor internet as contrary to our God from the third world ( which I would not describe Joburg Durban or Capetown as by the way, Eritrea Somalia maybe), not everyone in a "developed" country has high speed net. Many live in villages in rural communities, we recently got high speed about 8 weeks ago.

Anyhow I digress in a nutshell I agree either he gets an XBOX and comes to the dark side or accepts he has no clue as to how the two compare.
    Wait till this gets on PS4 lol he will be expert in that as well I imagine :)
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    mahburg said:

Time played =/= skill, otherwise I would probably be one of the most skilled players in the game and I am not. Just for reference, my paladin alone has 408 hours on it and my wizard has 1488, let alone all of my other chars (I also play tr, dc and SW). If 1 player can solo elol, then 5 can do it easily and as for me buying an xbox, well let me put it to you this way:

I live an a 3rd world country (South Africa) and play this game with a ping that never drops below 500. I cannot afford to just "buy an xbox" like you people in first world countries and quite frankly, I wouldn't waste my money on doing so for no other reason then to "prove it can be done on xbox." The point is, I can do it solo on a pc with a really bad internet speed, without being able to properly react to things that are occurring. Given those circumstances, I am fairly sure that even if we were to go along the lines of "the xbox is inferior," someone with a better ping then me living closer to the server will darn well be able to do it on xbox. If you don't want to believe me, that is fine, there is probably someone on the xbox playing right now who can prove you wrong though.

PC and Xbox are two totally different platforms. Just because you could solo that dungeon on PC doesn't mean you'll be able to do it on Xbox. Ping is not the only factor in the equation.
    But you cant say that the PC gods know everything about how the game is played on multiple platforms, the fact we don't have Kboard shortcuts wont be a factor at all lol.

I have guildies with bad connections and I was playing this game on pretty poor internet as contrary to our God from the third world ( which I would not describe Joburg Durban or Capetown as by the way, Eritrea Somalia maybe), not everyone in a "developed" country has high speed net. Many live in villages in rural communities, we recently got high speed about 8 weeks ago.

Anyhow I digress in a nutshell I agree either he gets an XBOX and comes to the dark side or accepts he has no clue as to how the two compare.
    Firstly, I do not live in any of those developed cities but nice of you to assume that I do. (my interenet speed is 2 mbps download in case you wondering) Secondly, you seriously do not need keyboard macros to play NWO and I use none. WASD QWER 12 SHIFT = all there is to the combat but yeah, if you want to use the excuse of console or whatever you welcome to, you just like the other trolls on the pc who say those of us who claim we can beat eCC etc with 2k ilvl are faking our ilvl, or faking entire videos, etc, any excuse will do for you and it would not matter if I bought an xbox etc, you would still have, "just 1 more excuse."
  • cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User

Firstly, I do not live in any of those developed cities but nice of you to assume that I do, secondly, you seriously do not need keyboard macros to play NWO and I use none. WASD QWER 12 SHIFT = all there is to the combat but yeah, if you want to use the excuse of console or whatever you welcome to, you just like the other trolls on the pc who say those of us who claim we can beat eCC etc with 2k ilvl are faking our ilvl, or faking entire videos, etc, any excuse will do for you and it would not matter if I bought an xbox etc, you would still have, "just 1 more excuse."

So long as you don't play on Xbox, your assertions are just a guess.

Firstly, I do not live in any of those developed cities but nice of you to assume that I do, secondly, you seriously do not need keyboard macros to play NWO and I use none. WASD QWER 12 SHIFT = all there is to the combat but yeah, if you want to use the excuse of console or whatever you welcome to, you just like the other trolls on the pc who say those of us who claim we can beat eCC etc with 2k ilvl are faking our ilvl, or faking entire videos, etc, any excuse will do for you and it would not matter if I bought an xbox etc, you would still have, "just 1 more excuse."

So long as you don't play on Xbox, your assertions are just a guess.
    An educated guess. I played through all the same content as you did, when it was developed and experienced everything you had to experience, the only difference was the difference in console. The content was the same and in fact some players who play on pc and xbox make predictions for the xbox economy based on changes that have previously occurred in the PC's economy. The games are so closely linked and developed by the same people that it comes down to that level, the economies can be linked. Comparing XBox to PC is like being allowed to travel back in time to a period in your own history, only, being told that to do so, you have to travel back in time and live someone elses life instead of your own, to prevent paradoxes and that your new life must never cross over with your old one, oh and you must also wear new boots.

Yes, certain bugs have since been fixed on the pc, but guess what, I also played when they weren't and I can still argue from the perspective of someone who went through them. There is nothing "hardcore" about playing on an xbox and there is no "advantage" to playing on the pc, other then the fact that the pc supports better graphics. The games mechanics aren't complex enough for the keyboard to grant a significant advantage. Sure, if this was something like a grand strategy game where you needed hotkeys for moving troops around in real time, then a keyboard would sure as hell grant an advantage, but here? no.

mahburg said:

Firstly, I do not live in any of those developed cities but nice of you to assume that I do. (my interenet speed is 2 mbps download in case you wondering) Secondly, you seriously do not need keyboard macros to play NWO and I use none. WASD QWER 12 SHIFT = all there is to the combat but yeah, if you want to use the excuse of console or whatever you welcome to, you just like the other trolls on the pc who say those of us who claim we can beat eCC etc with 2k ilvl are faking our ilvl, or faking entire videos, etc, any excuse will do for you and it would not matter if I bought an xbox etc, you would still have, "just 1 more excuse."
    Excuse me pal I am no troll, if anyone is you are, you come on these threads with no experience on Xbox or live then call players who are on both the system and the service trolls?
    Frankly when you have played with us you can have some credibility otherwise not so much.
    Second thank you for making my point re developed cities, I take it unless you are playing by a satellite feed from the townships you are in a village or town somewhere, that is no different to anyone playing in rural UK or Rural France (where they have wan wifi and no hard wired connections in the community).

For the last decade on live I had appalling internet for online gaming only getting High speed broadband in our village in July
    You are not in any way special in terms of having limited connection, indeed we have players who are in Rural Australia with pretty poor connections.
    Whether you choose to use key combos or not is personal choice the reality is you have them.
    As for Video on your claimed solo I asked you for a link to that ages ago another thread, still waiting!
    So if you are that hot a player get your derriere on Live and show us all how leet you are dude :)

• cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    And yet there can be differences. I am a developer, and I know that developing the same product for two different platforms is not an easy task as differences between these affect the end product. Porting Windows code to Xbox does not mean that everything will behave exactly the same, no matter that both Windows and Xbox are Microsoft products.

I do not know if you ever ran into this issue, but both my wife and I constantly have the problem on Xbox where no matter how many times you press a button on the controller, a specific mechanic is not triggered. My main character is a GWF, and I've been killed on several occasions just because determination does not kick in after continuously pressing RB like crazy. Even with the at-wills, I often have the problem of not being able to stack WMS cause it jut stops working for like 2-3 seconds... In the middle of a pack of enemies. The culprit of this may be the wireless controller code, something that definitely needed to be programmed from scratch for Xbox.

So yes, there are differences even though you, as an end user, do not see them.

And yet there can be differences. I am a developer, and I know that developing the same product for two different platforms is not an easy task as differences between these affect the end product. Porting Windows code to Xbox does not mean that everything will behave exactly the same, no matter that both Windows and Xbox are Microsoft products.

I do not know if you ever ran into this issue, but both my wife and I constantly have the problem on Xbox where no matter how many times you press a button on the controller, a specific mechanic is not triggered. My main character is a GWF, and I've been killed on several occasions just because determination does not kick in after continuously pressing RB like crazy. Even with the at-wills, I often have the problem of not being able to stack WMS cause it jut stops working for like 2-3 seconds... In the middle of a pack of enemies. The culprit of this may be the wireless controller code, something that definitely needed to be programmed from scratch for Xbox.

Indeed my record on my GWF is 12 pushes of the RB to trigger and I have lost count of the number of deaths, I am now on the Elite controller and see the same manifestation so I think you may be onto something with the wireless controller code.
    In fact a number of guys on preview have had controller issues in this game as a result of the new UI updates.

Its why I am losing patience with the PC warriors coming on here behaving like they have it all figured out and we just suck innit! :)
    mahburg said:

Indeed my record on my GWF is 12 pushes of the RB to trigger and I have lost count of the number of deaths, I am now on the Elite controller and see the same manifestation so I think you may be onto something with the wireless controller code.
    In fact a number of guys on preview have had controller issues in this game as a result of the new UI updates.

Its why I am losing patience with the PC warriors coming on here behaving like they have it all figured out and we just suck innit! :)
    That is a bug that is prevalent on both PC and xbox, its a known bug and yes, it continues in mod 7. As for a video of a solo dungeon, I can't upload one because of my internet speed (about 10kbps upload speed). I can post a screenshot after each boss showing no other damage except for my own, but you know what, all I will get told is that I faked it. In the past, whenever I post a video of something, I have to get someone else to video it and upload and there is no convenient way to do that for a solo run ( I would have to get someone to disconnect and reconnect every time I die in a boss fight, in order for me to enter the arena without them)
  • meliboo#4082 meliboo Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Why has the conversation switched to an argument between @thefabricant versus @mahburg ? I come from PC, so I know that it is possible for almost every class to solo ELOL. I have many friends who have done so. Therefore if fabricant says he/she can solo it, then I believe them. And yes there are differences between PC and Xbox, but my friends were soloing ELOL before the difficulty got dropped. So if they could solo when it was extremely difficult, what would stop them from soloing it now, on the Xbox?

I don't understand why someone would make such a hassle over someone saying they can solo something. You should be saying, wow good for you that's nice, but no you resort to name calling and saying its not possible.
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    I fully believe @thefabricant claims with regard to PC, and I appreciate his general willingness to help us on Xbox with the strategy tips. I laugh at people who say "something's possible on PC thus it's possible on Xbox"... Sorry but you just have no idea what you are talking about.

That is not to say that e.g. eLOL in mod 6/7 cannot be solo-ed with a CW on Xbox. It maybe possible. I have NOT seen that done. If you have a proof of the opposite - please share a video, I would really like to learn how to do that, bit I don't have tons of gold yet to spend on injury kits figuring it out myself.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User

I would really like to learn how to do that, bit I don't have tons of gold yet to spend on injury kits figuring it out myself.

It's really not worth learning based upon the time it would actually take, soloing the scorpions alone takes up far too much time so I can only image from beginning to end. It can be done but is it really worth the effort? Outside of a "look at me" video I think not. Speaking of videos, my Game DVR isn't working at the moment.. :(

Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.

Why has the conversation switched to an argument between @thefabricant versus @mahburg ? I come from PC, so I know that it is possible for almost every class to solo ELOL. I have many friends who have done so. Therefore if fabricant says he/she can solo it, then I believe them. And yes there are differences between PC and Xbox, but my friends were soloing ELOL before the difficulty got dropped. So if they could solo when it was extremely difficult, what would stop them from soloing it now, on the Xbox?

I don't understand why someone would make such a hassle over someone saying they can solo something. You should be saying, wow good for you that's nice, but no you resort to name calling and saying its not possible.

Never denied he did it I have asked him for video of it so we can see how he did it, which has yet to appear, making claims on the internet is easy, its not unreasonable to ask for some evidence (for learning purposes if for no other reason).

I have done dozens of ECC and Lostmauth Dungeons our guild runs dungeons every day and a number are successful (most now we have ranked pallies in the guild now), my points are not about what He or the hardcore on PC or here can do my points have been (stated repeatedly) about the newer players and how they get ranked if they are not in a guild. I well remember once I made 70 how miserable the experience of running the epics in this mod was, we need fresh blood on the XBOX version how do we get them to stay when experienced players have bailed due to the issues prior to the Pally/haste clerics becoming more commonplace.
    I notice from the deveoper blogs that ranked Heroics are coming so that the difficulty is adjusted depending on the solo player tackling them or a group and their respective ranks. That is a positive change yet we never see these proposed changes being voiced on here by the Devs.

I should not have to hunt down this stuff, the community managers should be bringing this to us as open threads for discussion, that one snippet could stop many players who are suffering as they rank up, deleting the game as they will realise they are being heard.