test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Underdark Preview Patch Notes NW.55.20151019a.1

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
The Underdark Skirmishes, Prophecy of Madness and Throne of the Dwarven Gods, are now available for testing!

Classes and Balance
  • Control Wizard: Ice Knife: Resolved an issue that caused the powers FX to display even if the power was cancelled via a Shift-Teleport.
  • Trickster Rogue: Mocking Gesture feat : This feat now only works when you take the feat.
Content and Environment
  • Demonic Heroic Encounters: Resolved a number of non-critical issues such as enemies spawning underground and pathing issues.
  • Dread Ring: Disabled the contests that happened every hour.
  • Stronghold Siege: enemy depots no longer have blue god beams at match start
Items and Economy
  • Artifact Refinement: A new contact, the ""Artifact Enthusiast"" has been added to the Moonstone Mask. She answers a variety of questions about the specifics of refining artifact weapons into one another.
  • Claw of Bahamut is now Bind to Account on Pickup, changed from Bind to Account on Equip.
  • Eldritch Runestones: Equipping multiple Eldritch Runestones of the same rank now properly transfers additional Movement and Tenacity, instead of only providing you the benefit of having one equipped.
  • Fey Blessing Enchantments: The names of these enchantments were changed to match the form of all other enchantments. Example: Lesser Feyblessing Enchantment becomes Fey Blessing Enchantment, Rank 8. Rank 11 and Rank 12 versions of the Fey Blessing enchantment are now available.
  • The item level of the a number of jewelcrafting rare task items has been adjusted from 120 to 122 to be in line with other, similar rare profession tasks. The high-quality and gemmed versions of these items are not affected.
  • Legendary Dragon Key: Is now epic...
  • Legendary Dragon Key: Will now open special chests in Kessell's Retreat as well as Underdark Skirmishes, Demogorgon and Epic Demogorgon.
  • Stronghold artifact weapons are now Bind to Account on Pickup, changed from Bind on Pickup.
User Interface
  • Enabled coupons to be applied even if the item is on sale as long as the coupon discount is greater than the current discount being offered.
  • Gear Preview: Several updates and fixes done to the window for polish and usability.
  • If an item that you're destroying could be salvaged instead, there's now a sentence to that effect in the confirmation window.
  • Item Salvage Confirmation Window now only shows the name and icon of the item being salvaged instead of the full item tooltip.
Known Issue
  • Nalfeshnee gut jiggle is currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by.

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    This is being posted to preview now.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    panderus said:

Content and Environment

Dread Ring: Disabled the contests that happened every hour.
    Why? It hasn't even been all that long that they've been fixed to offer level-appropriate rewards. Taking them out now kinda sucks.

Do they collide with the new HEs too much?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Ice storm does the same thing that ice knife does too. Especially if you accidently hit both of your dailies at the same time. It will show the affects of both, but only do one of them.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    "Stronghold artifact weapons are now Bind to Account on Pickup" - Awesome start guys. Just do this for ALL artifacts + artifact equipment and itll be GOLDEN!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    ayroux said:

"Stronghold artifact weapons are now Bind to Account on Pickup" - Awesome start guys. Just do this for ALL artifacts + artifact equipment and itll be GOLDEN!

I wouldn't get too enthusiastic about this change. All it indicates is that you can buy a weapon to pass to an alt. It's pretty safe to assume the item still binds to character when refined, unless we see different in practice.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    anim3kanim3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    Yea... on pick up...so old artifact still are bind to character;/
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    so no sw buff/rework?

Jordan: Will there be any major class changes, stat tweaks, or anything of that sort included in this expansion that players may want to know about?

Rob: No, there’s not. For this Dev cycle, we took some time to look at classes and evaluate them. It was about identifying the process for how we review classes and starting our class review. So with this update, there’s no serious balance or class changes, but one of the things we focused on was figuring out what it means to fully review a class and identifying the classes we need to review first. A lot of that comes from player feedback – the PVP and PVE forums. We also have tons of fans of the games that are pretty hardcore class advocates, not even only for themselves but for other classes as well. We’re looking at Paladin, Scourge, Warlock, and potentially Cleric as the ones we’ll be doing class reviews for really soon.
  • Options
    eregerogeregerog Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    Maybe it's just me, but i can't find the new skirmishes in the queue list. On top of that (idk if this already was an issue before) shores of tuern is missing in in the list.
    It's nice however to see the campaign store bug fixed. :D
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    Yep skirmishes are no where to be found :*
  • Options
    cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Nope me and a friend have the same issue.
    Currently we can not queue for both of the new skirmishes.
    Do we have to do anything to unlock them first like epic demogorgon?
  • Options
    cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User

so is tarm bar shop working yet?

no still out of business :disappointed:
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    hero's feast don't scale past 60. Winter festival coming up, these will be a reward....don't look bad :)
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options

Nope me and a friend have the same issue.
    Currently we can not queue for both of the new skirmishes.
    Do we have to do anything to unlock them first like epic demogorgon?

Uhg, i'm having people double check.
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    Can someone tell me how I access the NORMAL demogorgon fight? I see unclock the epic one in the campaign, but it says you must have completed the normal one at least once first. No sign of it anywhere!
  • Options
    zetahatatezetahatate Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The Epic Demogorgon queue seems to be removed from the list as well as the Shores of Tuern skirmish.

Also, as far as I know, the Normal Demogorgon queue isn't in yet. Just the epic one.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Demogorgon should not yet be available. We are making some changes to the fight still. I think it should be ready in a week or two.

Also, there will be another build on Monday to correct the issue with the two Skirmishes not being available.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Panderus, any chance on a fix to the initial invocation of the day? Having to double-clutch it is pretty annoying.

Let me see what else I can bug you with (rummages around)...

How about a fix to the "hanging cloaks" on everyone when they are beyond a certain distance? The anchor point gets screwed up such that it's several feet above their head.

Can we have some older assets added to the Foundry? This can't be hard. Nasher banners, Fomorian banners, stag variants, etc. Even that stovepipe asset from a still would be something (right now I have to use a drinking cup!)
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

so is tarm bar shop working yet?

The trade bar store will be available on preview once a blog post goes live detailing the upcoming update. Keep an eye on the new section of the site. There will also be patch notes regarding the changes once it's turned on, on preview.

• Options
    aenuanaenuan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Dont forget about pvp ranking, elven reactions with dots, companions in domination 5v5. These bugs are way to long in game, and because of them many had left the game. DONT IGNORE GAMEBREAKING BUGS, that should be obvious, but looks that it isnt.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCsHy_ly0HtwhAT2T3OEiowg - yt channel with some records from PVP 5v5
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Companions in Domination is already resolved and is awaiting a new build to be released!
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    did u fix the problem not letting DC finish 1st quest given in the new zone?
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I was wondering the same thing, about the DC issue.
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    I went in with my DC earlier and that first mission (visit the vendors) worked fine.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    panderus said:

Items and Economy

• Stronghold artifact weapons are now Bind to Account on Pickup, changed from Bind on Pickup.
    Does this mean its been fixed so we can get the quest to actually be able to get these items?
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    aenuanaenuan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    panderus said:

Companions in Domination is already resolved and is awaiting a new build to be released!

Cant wait
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCsHy_ly0HtwhAT2T3OEiowg - yt channel with some records from PVP 5v5
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    I hate the Moonstone Mask.

Every single new Foundry Author loves to use the Mask as the location of the first Quest Giver (I did too!)

I try to play quests that are in beta on the 'for revision' tab.. I'm always heading to the moonstone mask. I wish my travel signpost worked for it. ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
This discussion has been closed.