Install Arc
Options

Fix leadership, this is ridiculous.

2»

Comments

• Options
    deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    That's why Leadership should not have been invested in in the first place. There were multiple threads from PC people warning Xbox not to invest in leadership, and if you did then your the DA that now understands why they said don't. People can cry all they want, it will not bring more AD to leadership.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

gold is ... virtually useless if you're actually playing the game...

Try this...

Buy 10 Marks of Potency for 4800k a piece, total = spent 48k AD
    Sell 10 Marks of Potency for 6 gold a piece, total = made 60 gold
    Buy 3 Greater Marks of Potency for 20 gold a piece = spent 60 gold
    Sell 3 Greater Marks of Potency in AH for 25k a piece = made 75k AD

Total profit of cycle = 27k AD made.

This is why people deal in gold. Or perhaps you want to save up your gold til you get ~400 gold and buy an epic mount with it and then put that in the AH for AD.
    1st, take your spam that blows up my chat window and (sorry i'll be nice)....2nd, that has nothing to do with the value of gold in this game, that has to do with your ability to maximize trades through the use of gold and AD's (there are countless ways of buying low and selling high in this game)....3rd I'm not disagreeing that gold can be used in this game to obtain items from those desperate enough to find themselves needing it, I'm stating a fact that most everyone who actively plays this game has enough gold to not need leadership to help obtain more. ESPECIALLY when you factor in that most leadership tasks only grant 10-20 silver coins and a few hundred xp, with only lvl 20+ tasks awarding 80 silver and 1600 xp (not taking into account the resources required for these tasks). That's simply not going to do enough to improve your bottom line in comparison to what you can achieve with other professions

When you have 8 characters like me you can use a few of them for Leadership, as I say it "helps" towards levelling them up to 70 and its free Gold when you are not even using that character.

I`m not on about Leadership for your main character by the way, I do agree that is a waste now if you just have the 1 character.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    sharpassassin1sharpassassin1 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

When you have 8 characters like me you can use a few of them for Leadership, as I say it "helps" towards levelling them up to 70 and its free Gold when you are not even using that character.

I`m not on about Leadership for your main character by the way, I do agree that is a waste now if you just have the 1 character.

I wouldn't argue with that.....90% of my stance is based around my view that the vast majority of the NW community, much like myself, only have 1 or 2 characters. I frankly find keeping up with the 2 I have to be tedious, 8 would just seem like a chore (50 would seem like a job). HOWEVER, if you have the patience and a number of characters I could see using leadership to obtain gold...it's just not something that's worth the trouble as a main profession
  • Options
    deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Leadership should have never been a main profession for anyone. It should have just been secondary at best.
  • Options
    majik518majik518 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

Try this...

This is why people deal in gold. Or perhaps you want to save up your gold til you get ~400 gold and buy an epic mount with it and then put that in the AH for AD.
    1st, take your spam that blows up my chat window and (sorry i'll be nice)....2nd, that has nothing to do with the value of gold in this game, that has to do with your ability to maximize trades through the use of gold and AD's (there are countless ways of buying low and selling high in this game)....3rd I'm not disagreeing that gold can be used in this game to obtain items from those desperate enough to find themselves needing it, I'm stating a fact that most everyone who actively plays this game has enough gold to not need leadership to help obtain more. ESPECIALLY when you factor in that most leadership tasks only grant 10-20 silver coins and a few hundred xp, with only lvl 20+ tasks awarding 80 silver and 1600 xp (not taking into account the resources required for these tasks). That's simply not going to do enough to improve your bottom line in comparison to what you can achieve with other professions

The difference between a leadership character going from 60-70 and a non leadership character going from 60-70 is currently 1/3 of a level. Barely enough to notice. I have a single level 63 char right now that isnt high on leadership and all the other alts that do have it are 64 and have about 1/3 of a level on him. The exp amounts are abysmal and not scaled correctly at all. No effort was put into balancing whatsoever.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    majik518 said:

wdj40 said:

Try this...

The difference between a leadership character going from 60-70 and a non leadership character going from 60-70 is currently 1/3 of a level. Barely enough to notice. I have a single level 63 char right now that isnt high on leadership and all the other alts that do have it are 64 and have about 1/3 of a level on him. The exp amounts are abysmal and not scaled correctly at all. No effort was put into balancing whatsoever.
    lol... my SW who does Leadership only is at level 66 with 4 level 6 Azures (I do not use her), my TR GF and CW are all on level 64 with no Leadership or Azures. Bit of a difference over the course of a week as my SW is 2 whole levels above the others. Obviously a couple of Azures helped a tiny amount.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe