test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix leadership, this is ridiculous.

majik518majik518 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
I understand you don't want us making AD out of this profession anymore, but all you did was 100% cripple and make all our time invested worthless. We wont even go into the Xbox vs Pc debate (because xbox should never have gotten this change to being with).

Remove the 3 task limit.
Correct the profession exp to non infinitesimal levels.
Exp rewards scale with level, what use is 1,600 exp for 16 hours to a character that is going to be maxed long before it even reaches this profession level.

Try actually correcting something instead of just constantly removing content.

Comments

• Options
    pbrand45pbrand45 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Moderator please merge thread with the 100s of others on same topic
  • Options
    nullvaluepointnullvaluepoint Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    pbrand45 said:

Moderator please merge thread with the 100s of others on same topic

You want the mods to effectively silence people by adding it into a cacophony thread where there's too much going on.

There's several distinct issues with Leadership. Each should be resolved separately. Imagine if every thread about Mod6 got mashed together. It would be so bad that nobody would read anything and everyone would just skim and repost what was said 100 times. Eventually it degrades into name calling.
  • Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    I agree that leadership change is the first time i felt to really complain on this board. I could complain about the removal of content, uber difficulty of epic dungeons and so on... but i can deal with this, but removing what i worked for and was looking forward to FINALLY get better AD income... and yet i was screwed...

Its like if in COD i was looking to unlock a gun lev 50 only to have said gun removed from the game when i was lev 47... thats disapointing... Ok my exemple is not the best but i used what i had in mind(was playing COD 5 mins ago lol)

Anyway, im soooo disapointed by this, since the change i hardly make any diamond... its depressing. I cumulate gold but when can i do with this? nothing...
  • Options
    This isn't a topic about the removal of AD of which they are cramming everything, this is a topic about fixing what they broke, they don't AD to be back, ok, but fix the mess they made instead of just "Remove, remove, remove" rate this game is going we wont even be able to do anything but all chill in the Moonstone together.
  • Options
    Well they should put back AD in leadership tough. I tough the amount was all fine, but they could at the very worst reduce it a bit. In any case yeah if there was at least other means to get AD...
  • Options
    deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Leadership should have never had AD in it as rewards. This is better for the game in the long run. Everyone needs to stop crying and just go EARN your AD
  • Options
    blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Thats the problem, people got spoiled unfortunately. They dont understand the concept we are to be getting changes the PC gets regardless of botting or whatnot. in order to keep things easier for them to develop and get certified with microsoft, all changes need to be the same. granted we dont have foundry and companion gear. But thats something else. people dont understand software, they only understand playing a game. If everyone that gamed understood how software really works then they would totally understand why the changes.

All people want to do is bash people cause they welcome the changes. cause they are greedy, its an unfortunate world we live in. people just cant be happy with what they get. i can guarantee someone will bash on me now for this post. its sad, but true. but its ok. it doesnt bother me one bit. I will just sit, read and laugh at people getting all worked up about the AD changes. have patience, change always happens no matter what you want.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I understand you completely. My thinking is that the people who are crying about AD are those who strictly relied on Leadership for AD. Therefore they did not run any dungeons/skirms/PvP, and as such did not really have any AD to go on. They were literally living on 24K or however much a day. Where I grind dungeons and other things and I am sitting at 25mil real AD, and also 20mil rough

So I think that those who are crying never had AD, and never will. Those who understand the change, have AD and know how to get AD.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    As I understood it, this topic isn't about putting RAD back in Leadership, but rather putting ANYTHING of value in it, as it stands now, there is no reason for it to exist...

So, Refinement stones, bound/unbound or whateve?

Usually developers have replacements ready when you change things like this, but I guess not all do it like that...
  • Options
    Thaum bags. They give refining stones. Plus they upped the XP AND coin rewards.
  • Options

I understand you completely. My thinking is that the people who are crying about AD are those who strictly relied on Leadership for AD. Therefore they did not run any dungeons/skirms/PvP, and as such did not really have any AD to go on. They were literally living on 24K or however much a day. Where I grind dungeons and other things and I am sitting at 25mil real AD, and also 20mil rough

So I think that those who are crying never had AD, and never will. Those who understand the change, have AD and know how to get AD.

I can't acces skirmish, i get 3000 for one dungeon in EVENT and thats it. I don't like PVP tough, at all.

Now tell me how am i supose to make AD then?? Yes i was living on 24K or less... and that was alright now if im lucky to do all my prayers and my dungeon event i can have like 5K max...

• Options
    sharpassassin1sharpassassin1 Member Posts: 70 Arc User

Upped XP and coins? Those are 2 of the most worthless things in the game by the time you've reached lvl 70...
  • Options
    @destrowod you cant do the 3 man skirmishes?? those will award you AD also
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance

PS4
    Look Good Play Good

• Options

nOPE.... Since lev 60 up until i reach 70 i can't...
  • Options
    odd, there should be the regular skirmishes for characters below 70. Not the epic ones
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance

PS4
    Look Good Play Good

• Options
    There is one lev 59 aberant assault... i used to be able to do it at lev 60 pre update but not anymore. And still this would not even count for Rix "do 3 leveled squirmish" ...

All i got in queue is the damn 3 same regular dungeons...
  • Options
    cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    destrowod said:

nOPE.... Since lev 60 up until i reach 70 i can't...
    When you reach level 60 you are left with two skirmishes, on level 61 with only one, and after that no skirmishes.

But the problem doesn't end there... First, you theoretically get 1500 AD for the first two daily skirmishes; but I tried it and this isn't the case (three on a row for a total of about 750 AD), so I decided to not waste my time on skirmishes to get 150-300 on the first two runs and maybe 1500 once in a while (this happened to me). Second, and I think it's because of the first point, the skirmish queues seem to take longer now.

To me, skirmishes are broken, they're just not worth the effort.
  • Options
    When i was smaller lev, i was doing the bridge one and the one where they summon a pit fiend, actually it was rather quick, paid 1000 per shot, so if i did them in event combined with rix, i could make 6000 or so... Not a lot, but not too bad... for A LOW LEV it was decent.

Now it would be worthless...
  • Options
    cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User

odd, there should be the regular skirmishes for characters below 70. Not the epic ones

It's evident that Cryptic didn't take this into account for Mod6.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

Upped XP and coins? Those are 2 of the most worthless things in the game by the time you've reached lvl 70...
    Honestly dude you really need to go and play something else then complain about everything there instead. Gold and exp is not worthless in the slightest. For one at level 70 you can get power points for exp bonus for each level up after to make your powers even stronger. Also Leadership helps level up Alt characters with the exp gains (along with invocating).

Gold also I have used to buy a massive amount of things... Cube of Augmentation, Marks of Potency, stacks of 99 identify scrolls, a Blue mount, refinement stones, Greater Mark of Power, Flame Sprite Companion... I could go on and on. Then an upgraded shop Artefact you can buy fairly decent potions for gold, if you have not got VIP then Injury Kits can cost a fortune in Gold.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    Where do you buy all those things you listed for Gold??
  • Options
    There is something called TRADE chat. There is ALWAYS someone selling something for Gold. So Wdj is correct, you do not realize the value of XP or Gold; simply because you are blinded due to leadership not handing you free AD anymore.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    You go to the Protectors Enclave or somewhere with a high population of people, you look for people offering things as trade or you post a message saying you want to buy something for Gold. You could literally buy Marks of Potency for 6-8g each at any time of the day. Greater Mark I picked up for 200G, honestly people really under-valued gold.

People were always selling things for Gold so I bought as many things as I could with it and saved AD instead... I learnt my lesson not to waste AD after I bought a few Lesser Marks of Potency when upgrading really low ranked runes.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Honestly dude you really need to go and play something else then complain about everything there instead. Gold and exp is not worthless in the slightest. For one at level 70 you can get power points for exp bonus for each level up after to make your powers even stronger. Also Leadership helps level up Alt characters with the exp gains (along with invocating).

Gold also I have used to buy a massive amount of things... Cube of Augmentation, Marks of Potency, stacks of 99 identify scrolls, a Blue mount, refinement stones, Greater Mark of Power, Flame Sprite Companion... I could go on and on. Then an upgraded shop Artefact you can buy fairly decent potions for gold, if you have not got VIP then Injury Kits can cost a fortune in Gold.

"Honestly dude" you really should learn the concept of discussion forums...*hint* it's not so we can all sit around an imaginary camp fire singing kumbaya while agreeing how amazing everything about neverwinter is

I stated a well established fact within the neverwinter community...gold is easily obtainable and virtually useless if you're actually playing the game....yes yes I realize there are those out there desperate enough to place a value for it over that of AD's, however the vast majority of the leaderships tasks produce a few silver coins and a few hundred xp (with at best 80 silver coins and 1600xp, but those require a number of resources)....if that's how you're wasting your profession slots you sir are doing it wrong....
  • Options
    Why would you even bother wasting time with leadership, even before the justifiable fix they put in? There was no reason to invest in leadership, unless you were just lazy and wanting free AD for doing nothing. Every other profession (aside from artifacting and weaponsmithing) are much more useful for gaining vast quantities of AD. But it seems that the people complaining about this did not want to actually work on professions, instead they just want to select a task and get free ad, a miniscule amount at that.

Seems like these people figured getting free AD for contributing nothing was the way to play. But, now that's its gone and they have to make AD the right way, they now wanna cry about it.
  • Options
    xrollxtidexxrollxtidex Member Posts: 124 Arc User

gold is ... virtually useless if you're actually playing the game...

Try this...

Buy 10 Marks of Potency for 4800k a piece, total = spent 48k AD
    Sell 10 Marks of Potency for 6 gold a piece, total = made 60 gold
    Buy 3 Greater Marks of Potency for 20 gold a piece = spent 60 gold
    Sell 3 Greater Marks of Potency in AH for 25k a piece = made 75k AD

Total profit of cycle = 27k AD made.

This is why people deal in gold. Or perhaps you want to save up your gold til you get ~400 gold and buy an epic mount with it and then put that in the AH for AD.
    Roll Tide : Guardian Fighter
    ASYLUM
  • Options
    The gold rely solely on finding people to trade and other stuff like this, thus why i say it has no use in the game as you can't buy on the AH, you can't buy from merchants... all its good for is for trading with people, and you have to spend time spamming the enclave chat... and being still overspammed by publicity...

As for Epic Mount? 400 Gold? Where i can find this??

Anyway i did realize today the dungeons now give directly AD, wich is still a plus, i didn't found diamonds in the chest but i had them in my inventory... This surely help. Sure doing the same dungeon all the time can become tedius but at least now i can have an income... ill try running that.
  • Options

Try this...

This is why people deal in gold. Or perhaps you want to save up your gold til you get ~400 gold and buy an epic mount with it and then put that in the AH for AD.
    No one is going to buy a Greater Mark of Pot from AH for 25k and you aren't even including the AH cut. Your numbers, and argument, ad fundamentally flawed.
  • Options

Try this...

1st, take your spam that blows up my chat window and (sorry i'll be nice)....2nd, that has nothing to do with the value of gold in this game, that has to do with your ability to maximize trades through the use of gold and AD's (there are countless ways of buying low and selling high in this game)....3rd I'm not disagreeing that gold can be used in this game to obtain items from those desperate enough to find themselves needing it, I'm stating a fact that most everyone who actively plays this game has enough gold to not need leadership to help obtain more. ESPECIALLY when you factor in that most leadership tasks only grant 10-20 silver coins and a few hundred xp, with only lvl 20+ tasks awarding 80 silver and 1600 xp (not taking into account the resources required for these tasks). That's simply not going to do enough to improve your bottom line in comparison to what you can achieve with other professions