test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will we test MOD 8 one day?

tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
As the title said, will we be able to test module 8 before its release date?

Because, you need some feedback from the community if you don't want this to fail as hard as dragonflight (which has been removed 3 day after its release) and stronghold pvp ( which has been removed a week after its release).

If mod 8 comes at the beginning of December as the double exp events on calendar make us think this, it will be less than 2 months of testing for players.

You got free testers, please use it. We don't even want to be paid. We just want to see if new pve content is finally released and i don't speak about "DEMONIC HE", real dungeons, real campaign etc.

I'm worried because this module hasn't event a release date....

Comments

• Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Yes we'll test Mod 8 for one day.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    This is still early in the release cycle and it's entirely normal to not have things on preview or release dates. In fact you shouldn't even begin to think about release dates until it's on preview. Count that as a virtually guaranteed rule for future reference from now 'til the end of time.

It's only been just about 2 months since the release of module 2. While the game was initially launched with the intention of releasing content every three months it's been getting closer and closer to four months following module 1. So yes there likely will be news on when Underdark will be put onto preview somewhat in the near future it could be anytime between today and 30 days from now and be entirely within the realm of what would be considered within the standard release cycle.

Furthermore, as an FYI, there is about a month of testing on every single module and was over two months of testing for Stronghold PvP. :)

Content absolutely can not go on Preview before 2 months. There just isn't enough substance. It takes time to create content and I highly doubt, as a player, testing content sooner will help the developers as bugs in earlier development cycles tend to be known and on a long to-do list. It would be sort of like giving a model car out to test drive.

Speaking as a player, the bugs are more likely a result of a release cycle than lack of testing.
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    First part of the new mod will be on preview in 2 weeks (19-20/10), then 4-6 weeks of testing and preview patch notes. During this 4-6 weeks, players will cry, give feedbacks, laught, debate etc etc. And the content of the new module will be the same because only 2% of the feedbacks from preview testers was heard and take in account.

The release Date will coincide with the release of a popular licence based game so..maybe 19/11. Or.. Or there will be not really preview tests for this mod and the release date will coincide with the release of a major extension of an other popular mmo, and coming very soon.
    Post edited by mirlegris on
  • Options
    mirlegris said:

First part of the new mod will be on preview in 2 weeks (19-20/10), then 5 weeks of testing and preview patch notes. During this 5-6 weeks, players will cry, give feedbacks, laught, debate etc etc. And the content of the new module will be the same because only 2% of the feedbacks from preview testers was heard and take in account.

The release Date will be 27-29/11 because there is a lot of launchs for new mmos at 30/11.

5 weeks of testing ?

• Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    I think we'll get 4 weeks of testing and it will release a week before that.
  • Options
    It's on preview, we can at least see some thing
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    2% of player feedback being actually applied is a bit high.

And while it hit preview yesterday, not even the patch notes which only list a few modifications are working...no new bag slot, trade bar store disabled, campaign not functioning...
  • Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    whats the point of testing if they ignore feedback anyway ?

• Options
    To see by yourself what will screw you, and what is good changes before it went live to be prepared.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I, and a handful of mu guildies, did a great deal of testing for SH. However, with every patch, more and more bugs were introduced, which made further testing impossible.. then, when we realized that a majority of our feedback wasn't really even considered (that we know of), those two things together, we basically said "screw it" and stopped testing.

To make matters worse, once SH went live, we discovered that the coffer requirements had all been multiplied by at least 10.

It was a very frustrating time for a lot of us, especially me, since I had also spent hours and hours writing up walk-throughs and whatnot based on what was on preview... so I had to rewrite everything.

I'd love to pop into preview and take a gander around Underdark, but between an 8Gb patch and no real new content... well, I have a grind to do to try to advance our SH.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

I, and a handful of mu guildies, did a great deal of testing for SH. However, with every patch, more and more bugs were introduced, which made further testing impossible.. then, when we realized that a majority of our feedback wasn't really even considered (that we know of), those two things together, we basically said "screw it" and stopped testing.

To make matters worse, once SH went live, we discovered that the coffer requirements had all been multiplied by at least 10.

It was a very frustrating time for a lot of us, especially me, since I had also spent hours and hours writing up walk-throughs and whatnot based on what was on preview... so I had to rewrite everything.

I'd love to pop into preview and take a gander around Underdark, but between an 8Gb patch and no real new content... well, I have a grind to do to try to advance our SH.

Was it really 8GB? Didn't even take half an hour and I only have a 45/6 connection.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    valwryn said:

It might be 8GB for those that have never been on the Preview before. :s

It's almost 16GB if you don't have preview installed. 8GB would mean that the person has been on Preview before but hasn't updated it in quite a while.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    zebular said:

valwryn said:

It's almost 16GB if you don't have preview installed. 8GB would mean that the person has been on Preview before but hasn't updated it in quite a while.
    I've never been on preview prior to this : |

Maybe steam installs are different?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Depends if you install everything or install on demand.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    urabask said:

zebular said:

valwryn said:

I've never been on preview prior to this : |

Maybe steam installs are different?

Depends if you install everything or install on demand.

Aye, sounds like you didn't disable on-demand patching in the launcher.
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User

we basically said "screw it" and stopped testing.

So you had inaccurate information because you stopped testing. How exactly is this the fault of the play test process?

As a person who has done a bit of play testing, a much larger concern is the failure to "lock down" a product in the play testing phase and make further changes before sending it live. This inevitably leads to the introduction of bugs into the system, because the live product was never actually tested. In the case of NWOnline identifying bugs in the last week of play test is fine, those bugs then become the focus of the first few updates (assuming they are not critical - in which case a delay is better than sending an untested product live). But we keep seeing changes being made to the game between play testing and live and new bugs appearing in the live launch as a result.

That's a problem with Cryptic, not someone stopping weeks out from launch because of difficulties with play test...that's kind of the purpose of play test.. to find difficulties and report them... If you don't want to see and deal with those then play test isn't for you.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.