test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Premature "10 days left on VIP Message"

fastandfrivolousfastandfrivolous Member Posts: 52 Arc User
edited September 2015 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
LOL the welcome screen advised me that I had less than 10 days left on my VIP and should renew soon. (Actually it's closer to 11-1/2 months left...)

Hopefully that's just a math glitch and not a sign of desperately seeking revenue :D

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    It's a known bug. Invocation used to do this too back when coins expired.
  • Options
    majik518majik518 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Yeah... I am rank 7, is anyone aware of this happening before? Because it damn well better not turn off when I have 187 days remaining.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    majik518 said:

Yeah... I am rank 7, is anyone aware of this happening before? Because it damn well better not turn off when I have 187 days remaining.

It won't turn off your VIP. The issue is that there's just a generic banner, that shows everyone the same thing, regardless of how much VIP they really have left. It's fine.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    So the company is trying to mis-lead people into buying more VIP, how is that fine?
  • Options
    thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    I don't think they are trying to misleading you...as states, generic banner regardless of VIP status.

On another note...

Why do folks automatically assume they are being deceived? Sometimes a rock is just a rock...no black helicopters here.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

I don't think they are trying to misleading you...as states, generic banner regardless of VIP status.

On another note...

Why do folks automatically assume they are being deceived? Sometimes a rock is just a rock...no black helicopters here.

beyond that, why the hostility towards the game? LOL. yeah they call it freeware but we all know nothing is free. the devs don't owe us anything. Even if there marketing dept did do stuff like that to generate thru sales.. so what? salaries to pay, lights to keep on, rent due.. they have to make a profit or they stop making this game.. Yeah, it's not Gea perfect game but it's really not bad at all.
  • Options

On another note...

beyond that, why the hostility towards the game? LOL. yeah they call it freeware but we all know nothing is free. the devs don't owe us anything. Even if there marketing dept did do stuff like that to generate thru sales.. so what? salaries to pay, lights to keep on, rent due.. they have to make a profit or they stop making this game.. Yeah, it's not Gea perfect game but it's really not bad at all.
    It is unfortunate, I love the game but this developer is awful. And yes, this is a misleading ad, it is seen by everyone and is intended to make you buy more VIP when you don't really need it. If such a warning is going to exist it should be a pop up when you reach seven days left, not a generic ad that everyone sees.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    majik518 said:

So the company is trying to mis-lead people into buying more VIP, how is that fine?

majik518 said:

On another note...

It is unfortunate, I love the game but this developer is awful. And yes, this is a misleading ad, it is seen by everyone and is intended to make you buy more VIP when you don't really need it. If such a warning is going to exist it should be a pop up when you reach seven days left, not a generic ad that everyone sees.
    When you open your VIP to buy more, you can readily tell that one has plenty of time left. There is no misleading going on. Let's drop such accusations please. Thanks!
  • Options
    fastandfrivolousfastandfrivolous Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Just to chime in as OP, wanted to make it clear that I never actually thought there was any ill intent here (smiley emoji are not exactly as clear as tone of voice or facial expressions...) just thought it was kind of unexpected and funny to get a "hurry and renew before your VIP expires" message when I have almost a year left.

I honestly wouldn't even want any programming resources directed towards it when there are more relevant things to deal with, just really an observation on some quirky ad behavior.