test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Experience with bans anyone?

Hey guys,
I was wondering if any of you has experience with banned accounts on Neverwinter Xbox? Whether it'd be you or a friend of yours etc.
Cause yesterday I got banned and went to the support center here and talked to someone about it - and that person was really nice and said, they're sure I'll get clarification on this matter. So I thought: Ok, fine. I'll just sit this one out, it might take a few days, oh well.

But today I talked to a friend, who stopped playing not long ago and he said, I'd probably never get unbanned and that the staff doesn't care and they already got all my money, so they will never get back to me, because I agreed to their terms that they can ban me anytime for whatever reason and even forever if they wanna and I can't do anything about it. :'(:'(

The thing is - I don't even know for how long I'm banned, because I never received an email about it. (Yes, I checked my spam-folder) So I'm just assuming for now, that it's forever ;_;

So yeah - does anyone has experience with this? How long might it take and will I get back my acc at all?
Because I'm playing since the beginning, I love the game, I got 1 chara on 70, another on 61, I got 9 months of VIP and everything... spent almost 1600 Euro on the ZEN market. I do love playing Neverwinter.

(And for those of you who wonder, why I got banned: I came back from a dungeon and spawned in enclave and noticed that there was no spamming in the chatbox anymore. I was wondering about this, so I asked if the ppl from that certain website got banned for good now - then I got banned myself instantly. Because I mentioned the name of that website. Just the name, not the actual web address.)
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    Hope you get your account back.

Just mentioning the name is advertising. If I was to mention the name here, I would have my post edited by an admin 'at the very least' so many of us know not to mention any part of the banned site name.

Good luck!
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    Honestly, as horrible as it may be, you will probably not get unbanned. They have been lifetime banning all accounts that spam that site, and rightfully so. Therefore, if you happened to mention that name, the filter flags it and you, then you also get banned. Your only hope is that someone in support will feel sympathy for you and help you out. Really sucks, sorry it happened.
  • Options
    batdriven#5792 batdriven Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Hm, I see how it is :( And yeah, makes sense. But it's sad that this also affects those, who have been nothing but supportive of the game since it came out ._.
    I was just so happy those ppl got banned, because the spamming was annoying me to no end. You couldn't really trade or talk in enclave anymore, so I was constantly trying to report those ppl and also muted them etc. But as soon as I muted everyone, 3 hours later new charas were there, doing it again. It was a nightmare.
  • Options
    yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    They need to filter out ".COM" and multiple variants of it from the chat feed.
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Yea, it sucks. But, maybe support will get back to you. It sucks not being able to play on your main guy.
  • Options
    I can't play on any of my charas. The whole account got banned :/ So I can't make new ones or lv up my low level charas etc.
  • Options
    oh wow, I knew they were banning for saying the websites, didn't know it was account bans though. Guess that's the best way to do it though. But that really sucks for you and others who casually bring it up.

Maybe a Mod on her could try and escalate your issue to a dev or strum. That really does suck for you.
  • Options
    kromrylkromryl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    That is just wrong to get hit with a Ban for censorship; I would complain to Microsoft about it. Probably will get you nowhere, but to have no one get back to you from Customer Service is just wrong.

• Options
    Oh no - it happened yesterday and I went to the live-chat here for support immediately and I got treated nice and everything. But they couldn't do anything, so they submitted a ticket on my behalf and now I need to wait for a reply. I understand this can take several days (maybe even weeks?? I dunno), since I bet lots of other ppl also have inquiries for bans etc.
    And I was pretty hopeful this would get sorted out. But since talking to my friend a few hours ago, I started worrying - and that's why I was asking here now, if someone has experienced this or knows someone who got banned once or smth similar ^^;
  • Options
    acridbird74acridbird74 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    It just seems extreme and wrong to ban you in this case and to have support say they can't do anything about it. I find that very, very hard to believe that customer support is incapable of fixing this wrong. You are obviously someone who wasn't doing anything wrong. How are you supposed to know that mentioning the website would get your entire account banned? This is harsh and unfriendly and you deserve to be back in the game.
    Aelwyn | SS Renegade CW | Lv 70 | ilvl 3029

Eos Sindhalyn | Annointed haste DC | Lv 70 | ilvl 2500

Lily Firegrass | buffbot Iron Vanguard GF | Lv 70 | ilvl 2685

Guild: The Misfit Toys - We are recruiting active players
  • Options
    Its is harsh, and it is wrong in this instance. But, if this is the only way to stop that constant website spam, then I think it is a good thing to ban anyone/anything that mentions the website.

I truly think it sucks for you, and anyone else this happens to. You didn't know they were banning, so it sucks. But I would rather them have this banning in effect, rather than have the spam.
  • Options
    wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    My advise would be to contact Microsoft Marketplace support. Explain your situation and why you got banned, and they should be able to issue you a refund for all your Zen purchases. As much as PWE likes to hide behind their TOS, banning people from a paid product indiscriminately (as they are doing with the okayg... woops almost slipped up! bans) is illegal, and Microsoft will likely process the refund for you.
  • Options
    honestly I don't think Microsoft can or would refund any Zen purchases unless it was bought by mistake. Just being banned is not a reason for a refund, when I am sure someone in PWE support will eventually get it taken care of.
  • Options
    wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Microsoft can and will. They have wide discretion to refund any Marketplace purchases which includes Zen on Xbox. This is something PWE would have had to agree to in order to sell Zen through Xbox Live. I called them (Microsoft support) to get a refund for my Destiny Season Pass after they announced they wouldn't actually be releasing a raid with the second expansion. This was after playing the entire Dark Below expansion (using half of the product, essentially). Wasn't nearly as bad as what PWE is doing to the OP, really just amounted to shady business practices/marketing surrounding the Season Pass, but they sympathized and took care of me.
  • Options
    Hm, just recieved an email to link my gamertag and arc account together in order to get further support. I hope it worked.
    And I dun really wanna screw these guys over ^^; Neverwinter is a fun game, as I said, I love playing it so much. It'd just be effin sad, if I won't get back my characters. This may sound pathetic, but they really grew into my heart these last 6 months and it feels like my children are dying, lol
  • Options
    But thanks for your support and sympathy, guys. I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Discussing bans and warnings on the forums is not allowed. Speaking for players who have been banned or warned will lump you into the same boat as them and may result in the same level of infraction being placed upon you as well. Instead, please communicate with Support on such matters, through Support. (alternative contact email is customerservice@perfectworld.com)
This discussion has been closed.