test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Joining a rank 8 guild

13»

Comments

• icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Different guilds has different policies and requirements, there is no need to to talk down someone's guild only because the requirement is too high for a 'new' or 'average' player.

Think about it as looking for a job, you do not complain to different companies because their requirement does not fit you or does not fit average job seekers. While their requierment might seem impossible for you (e.g. 15+years in Network engineering, minimum MCSE with at least 10 years experience with UNIX platform), but to the veterans, these requirement might sounds just about right.

Guilds on the other hand, are just like companies, they have what some people want (pay/skill/learnings...etc), but to be in the company, you need to have equivilent skillsets, what can you contribute to the company?
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    And of course any new player is supposed to have 500K AD to spare on his
    icyphish said:

Different guilds has different policies and requirements, there is no need to to talk down someone's guild only because the requirement is too high for a 'new' or 'average' player.

Think about it as looking for a job, you do not complain to different companies because their requirement does not fit you or does not fit average job seekers. While their requierment might seem impossible for you (e.g. 15+years in Network engineering, minimum MCSE with at least 10 years experience with UNIX platform), but to the veterans, these requirement might sounds just about right.

Guilds on the other hand, are just like companies, they have what some people want (pay/skill/learnings...etc), but to be in the company, you need to have equivilent skillsets, what can you contribute to the company?

A game is not a job and it should never be...
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    umsche said:

And noon said this.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    icyphish said:

Smaller guild need to have his on place to.

We talked about reqcruting in our guild what shoud be our message?

LF semi active members no i.lvl req no languale req no ts3 req no play time req age is not matter.
    We are specific looking for Richi Rich hou can pay our stronghold :)
    We dont need you if you are bis cuz you will not buy zen.

GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    umsche said:

Well since its not, and u dont care too much, why u want to be in bigger guild (in terms of structures)? Its not a job, barely a hobby, timesinker? So if its not so important, u also should not care that other guilds want some input from u, and just avoid them. Its not like u need to be the best here.

I, from other hand, put 100% into whatever im doing, i dont need to be the best, but i dont want jeopardize ppl who play with me. My point is, show u care, show u can give a part of yourself. If u would not care, u would not be here, whatever u say, u still being here says more...

New players have they stuff to do, they can join smaller guilds, but then, if they discover that they progress faster than they current guild, they may decide to get themself a better guild. But better guild is higher standards, they need to adjust to that. Better/biger guilds r not better/bigger (again in terms of structures) without reason.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    icyphish said:

15+years in Network engineering? They must be 35-45. Too old.
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,390 Arc User
    dfnce said:

icyphish said:

15+years in Network engineering? They must be 35-45. Too old.
    Too old for what? Too old for elementary job or too old for senior job?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Hi again everybody,

For instance we stayed as we are, so we chose not to ask for any kind of contributions and we won't charge new guildies because they are new. We will probably see guild shoppers, but we still have a recruitment process with TS and a 1 month trial who will filter some of them.

I prefer having people contributing because they want to be part of the guild, and make things move rather than having players cashing just for joining and then not contributing.

I would like to thanks every one who posted on this thread because it helped me a lot about thinking what is important and remembered me that the guild spirit is what has made my guild cross the years.

And a special mention for the guy who seriously asked me to give up my guild lead ;)

• vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    any guild with Marketplace lvl 4 allow me to buy armor there? my guild is guildhall 6 a i am on cap with banners. i offer resources like a 75000glory, 100conqueror shards, heroic shards, labor fey vouchers etc.... pm please

done thanks
    Post edited by vinceent1 on
  • xaltosxaltos Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The 140 iL set is just a bit stringer than the old 137 iL equipment.
    So I see no point in protecting the level 4 market.

The true power of a high level Guild are the Boons.
    And you loose the Boons again, if you leave the Guild.

So you don't need to protect yourself from jumpy players.
    They only make you stronger, because a few might stay or add some resources to the Box.
    And the only thing that you loose if the leave the guild is a helpful hand during the dragon fight.

• tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    xaltos said:

They only make you stronger, because a few might stay or add some resources to the Box.
    And the only thing that you loose if the leave the guild is a helpful hand during the dragon fight.

It's like the bad taste you get when you spend 30 min in TS for recruitment and the guy left the following day. You feel like you waste you time.

• vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited October 2015

xaltos said:

It's like the bad taste you get when you spend 30 min in TS for recruitment and the guy left the following day. You feel like you waste you time.

so dont hesitate help people buy gear in exchange for some mimic donations or other minor and they will tell you directly what they need and save your time. PVE guilds can get nice loads of conq shards or glory this way

they need over 120 banners for full set and limit to have is only 50. Many players dont want spend AD opening strongboxes, so they need to buy armor 3times. They dont want to scam you, because they will ask to join twice later....
    Post edited by vinceent1 on