test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Don't upgrade Plague Fire to Transcendant (total waste).

kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
I did a solo Phantasmal Fortress run after upgrading my pure plague fire to transcendent. The interesting things from the ACT parse: the aoe attack activated 57 times during the run for a total of 4369 points of damage..... I was running with plenty of arp, buffs & debuffs (average effectiveness of 132% for the AOE). So don't waste RP/GMOPS/C. Wards on this update.

It's beyond pathetic.

Comments

• sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    Thanks for the warning.
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    Just upgraded mine, and yes, the AOE attack was really pathetic.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    Just one of many many enchants that are completely broken. Like briartwine, could be so good if it actually worked, or Feytouched which has broken cooldowns for CWs. I've alerted the devs through all the normal channels about many of these but its fallen on deaf ears, must be too busy coming up with the next round of game killing nerfs to actually fix things.
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    bleh, yet another thing to not bother upgrading.
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    Like virtually every other aspect of this game it is poorly thought out and functioning improperly. It seems the devs can either give us extremely overpowered or extremely underpowered or "does nothing at all" as the only options. I am sorry to be harsh but this game is so screwed up at the moment that I will no longer make excuses for the completely poor quality.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I upgraded flaming to trans. I don't see anything happening...

And the DoT isn't even working correctly anyway, it's doing way less that it should be doing.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I agree... I Also Upgraded My Plague fire To trans... THE AOe Hits ABOUT 45 Damage OR Less. ... waste... hope they buff the aoe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    totally worth the 5 GMoP. Soon to be 5 SMoP.... Yup, so worth the price......
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    Glad I've dragged my feet on upgrading to Pure. It really didn't seem like it was worth a half million AD.
  • raistlinmajere00raistlinmajere00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    mm I have the Greater plague fire still, I was considering trying to get it to Perfect. Ya'll said trans is out of the question. How is perfect or pure gpf ;o
    edited September 2015
    Just going to save my ADs. Wanted pure fireburst but it proly just does 50 damage per second for 3 seconds lol.

Nice balance, you get the choice of auto-revive, 30% DR, or.... a tickle of damage that could only kill enemies in the blacklake district.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    Perfect Plague is very good. Pure doesn't sound so good to me.
  • tyria501tyria501 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    I wish this post had been up a few days ago. I just upgraded my plaguefire.
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    I'm just holding on the hope that devs will try to fix it and it becomes OP.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • porchearaintreeporchearaintree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    I have a trans and can see some improvement. Every little bit helps, but its not enough for the money.
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    Do a run with an ACT parse. It's an embarrassingly bad upgrade.
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    I posted results of my testing of a few of the bugged enchants in the PC bugs section, but as the game is a bit of a bug problem it was several pages back. It's been bumped now as they have been broken for a very long time and I doubt cryptic has them on their to do list.

http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1199873/bugged-enchants-testing#latest
  • ankabird1ankabird1 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Comon still n0 dev respond???

Then Plague Fire is a TOTAL waste :neutral:
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    There was a time (pre mod 6) when your stats mattered. My Cleric is so full of buffs/debuffs, stat stacking etc from my items, and companions, but I truly feel like they dont have much effect due to all the hidden "balancing" in the game and the new stat curve. I'm not even talking about things that are bugged.

So, now that I have come back to the game...I just play it and I dont put any more effort into trying to get everything to maximum. I joined a guild yesterday and had fun doing stronghold stuff.

I have finally let go of all the rage I had when they nerfed the Dragon Hoard Enchants and other such things.
    Its more fun that way now.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    no rage, just a warning to those who bother to read the forums...