test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Perfect World Twitch channel Q&A- Tuesday 22nd September - Time to voice your AD comments

lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/634/view/news/read/36365/Neverwinter-RA-Salvatore-Pens-Epic-Questline-for-Underdark.html

Announcement of a Q&A session on the PE Twitch channel, ostensibly on Underdark.

However, many players may see this as the opportunity they have been waiting for to finally get some response from the Development team regarding the Leadership AD issue.

If they want to avoid this Q&A session getting derailed - well it's simple - ENGAGE WITH THE PLAYER BASE NOW.
...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
"Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
..............not this one then.............

Comments

• Options
    cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    this isnt going to end well
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    ::Salvatore:: what the !@#$ing hell are you talking about? I'm just here to gush over my beautiful creation Drizzt Du`Urden and his beefcakey friend Wulfgar.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    I understand the desire to do this, but R.A. Salvatore is a great of the genre. Let's please use the opportunity to spend time talking to him, and not create an embarrassing scene.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    I mean, if the NWO players embarrass WotC, WotC may decide that continuing their contract with Cryptic is a bad move. You'd basically be sentencing the death knell of the game!

And since half the playerbase wants to watch the world burn, that may very well be the idea.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Oh boy, this seems like a good time to reopen "Sockmunkys slightly-used torch and pitchfork shoppe". You cant have a good angry mob unless you have the proper accessories.

Get yours while supplies last.
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User

I understand the desire to do this, but R.A. Salvatore is a great of the genre. Let's please use the opportunity to spend time talking to him, and not create an embarrassing scene.

There's over 2,000 posts on the AD issue with no response from the actual development team - you think players are going to miss out on this opportunity to voice their anger?

Talk about an ill-timed event. Cryptic are displaying a staggering level of naivety doing it at this time.

...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    I don't know the forum they use for these, but I strongly suspect that everyone leaping on Salvatore with "HEY WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE AD NERF" isn't exactly going to pan out.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    lyaise said:

There's over 2,000 posts on the AD issue with no response from the actual development team - you think players are going to miss out on this opportunity to voice their anger?

Talk about an ill-timed event. Cryptic are displaying a staggering level of naivety doing it at this time.

And it's on twitch. It's like a perfect storm for you-know-what-holes.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    Agreed. Let's not deliberately be HAMSTER. This is NWO, not 4chan!
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Well, all they have to do is come up with player friendly improvement to Leadership, (there're a lot of options listed in the other thread), before they even start thinking about Underdark... that's all, and i think that is a reasonable request.
    They were really fast in removing the AD from LS, now they have the oportunity to show that they can be also fast, when they have to improve things.
    If they continue to ignore the players... you reap, what you sow.

And if they kick players for just asking questions about this, they will only add fuel to the allready sky high burning fire.

Anyway, i'm not going to participate in that event, so someone else might bring up the question, if they will base the difficulty of Underdark on the benefits of a guild Stronghold.
    If they plan on doing that... they better come up with some patches, that increase the way to "earn" resources for the Stronghold by "playing the game", and i'm not just talking about AD alone.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    They're contractually obligated to deliver Underdark. They don't have the luxury of putting it on the backburner while they address more immediate issues.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Ohhh really?
    Tsk tsk tsk, then they shouldn't have wasted time with removing AD from LS.
    They've made their bed, now they must lie in it.

Besides, as long as the players keep it civilized, what are they going to do?
    Kick anyone asking about this change/mentioning it?

What if players ask if they add AD to quests in Underdark, and explain at the same time, that the current ways to earn AD are not enough?

Last but not least, the players provided more then enough feedback and reasonable options to solve this mess, all the Devs have to do is pick a handfull good ideas and implement them with a patch.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    OMG I can buy Zen now! The ZAX got fixed with this! YAY FOR F2P!

I didn't rely on any one specific source for AD so yeah, I'm doing okay with the changes.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Please do not encourage or use twitch streams to go off topic of the twitch topic at hand. Twitch stream questions and comments should remain pertinent to the topic of the Stream at hand. Not keeping to the topic and using it as a means to vent and push off topic inquiries or comments will only, as Magenubbie warns, get you muted or banned from the twitch stream(s).

Besides, it would be folly to think that R.A. Salvatore could or would even want to comment on AD Changes, as that would have nothing to do with his involvement in the Stream and Game. That would be like going up to a pedestrian and berating or inquiring at them for the way some other person was driving.

If anyone would like to be on topic, please feel free to post your questions here. Thanks!
  • Options
    ssinafeyssinafey Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Then how about devs actually respond to all the others ideas of players trying to get their attention? How about that zebular?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    ssinafey said:

Then how about devs actually respond to all the others ideas of players trying to get their attention? How about that zebular?

Patience, grasshopper! Things take time contrary to popular disbelief. Closing this now as it was meant to be when I replied above.
This discussion has been closed.