test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perspective of a fresh new player

2»

Comments

• fogtripperfogtripper Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    As I just read in another thread, there are only 3 dungeons in the game. My main made it to level 30 and still the only choice to queue for is cragmire crypts. Really don't want to flame the powers that be, but really? How many years, and how many modules, and three is as much dungeon as I can look forward to in a DUNGEONS and Dragons game?
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2015

As I just read in another thread, there are only 3 dungeons in the game. My main made it to level 30 and still the only choice to queue for is cragmire crypts. Really don't want to flame the powers that be, but really? How many years, and how many modules, and three is as much dungeon as I can look forward to in a DUNGEONS and Dragons game?

there used to be more. but content has been removed, since mod 6. no idea why the old lvling dungeons have been removed other than sheer incompetence. sure rework the epics. but the lvling dungeons coulda stayed just the way they were. with the addition of pali gear to the loot table.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    I am sure you have bought a game or two that turned out to be a waste of money... no different here. Live and learn.
  • ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User

Yeah, I have to say the powers that be have taken a great game and pretty much gutted and destroyed it. Fog, not to put you off too greatly on all this. But be very careful with how much you invest in this game. Send me a PM and I'll send you some forums where you can learn more about the history of what's happened here.

That's the thing about history, those that don't learn it are often doomed to repeat it. And there are some harsh lessons the players (Myself included) have learned in Neverwinter.

But, in the same accord. I beta tested this game, was around for Caturday, and am a part of a very large, very good group of people (guild called Grievance). So that should tell you something at least.

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

You are also incorrect wrt Gauntlgrym; as you had to do the PvP to access Fardelver etc nothing has changed, you still do GG PvP and you still get Grym Coins that you can use to buy Glory from the merchant in Trade of Blades.
    Of course the 2 dungeons were removed regardless.

You can aslo purchase equipment with Grym coins. Nothing you'd probably want to use, but it is salvageable.
    edited September 2015
    Tried playing the last couple days. I feel zero motivation. The only dungeon available is one that I have already run dozens of times over. From what I hear about end game it is more of the same. Gah.

Decided to do one cragmire run. Walked over a couple traps and got injured. Went to use the injury kits I've been using on the same injuries by the same traps for 29 levels, Well magically only work on lower level characters because reasons... Some of the design decisions of this game just floor me. So for the rest of the dungeon I had to limp along slowly because my bandages ceased working like bandages.

Motivation dropping like a brick with every day in game.
    Post edited by fogtripper on
  • shozikushoziku Member Posts: 13 Arc User

Been in game for only a bit over a week. In that time I spent close to $100 (epic companion, epic account mount, rare companion and odds/ends)

That $100 seems like a very extreme thing to do when starting a new game, especially when you can try it out for free to see if you like it first.

shoziku said:

Been in game for only a bit over a week. In that time I spent close to $100 (epic companion, epic account mount, rare companion and odds/ends)

That $100 seems like a very extreme thing to do when starting a new game, especially when you can try it out for free to see if you like it first.

In hindsight I would agree. I saw "D&D" and a few folks I know online had a guild up and running already. Hell, I've thrown money into kickstarter alphas before, so nothing new on my end.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    What companion did ye grab?

It used to be that only the augment companions were worth anything at all.
    Black dragon stone.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Ahhh. Yeah, I mean, I'm of the opinion that the zen shop items are overpriced, but it is true that the Black Dragon Ioun Stone looks like one of the better companions.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i made a new alt, my 5th, playing DC, this is just my perspective and need to give feedback for devs to "look into it" situations.
    i started without supporting from my my main for his upgrades.
    first of all, it is rough but leveling is fast, since i knew and remember most of older quests.

the spells and attacks are little strong, but that okay, it helps pull in any newer players who hadnt play NWO til recently. as he level ups, spells were getting weaker and the paragon tree seem didnt help much. only the weapons and armor upgrades made spells and attacks look better. skills seem going down as "diminshing returns" which is not good for higher levels, they get stagnant, then getting 4th rank, but it seem wasnt enough for specific classes.

2nd, as i leveled up to 60 just this early morning, i noticed with enchants, they are terrible out of wack and very very slow.
    i had no choice to pull one of enchant from shared bank with rank 4, since i got first enchantment quest with rank 1 started, it seem okay with rank 1 with using rank 1's, problem with those in 15-40 level adventure zones, those chests and kits were yielding rank 1's instead supposely scaled to rank 2's and 3's wihich i only find them in +45 level for few random 3's but no 4's yet, but hadnt completely explore Icespire, Mt. Hoteno, whispering cavern. so i dont know yet and until 4's are confirmed, i play my other alts and can get 4's and some 5's.
    i really hate seeing rank 1's in 20-35 lvls zones, since they only give 5 pts when it need 500 or a thousand points, no sense of progressions.

most of newer characters still have hard time doing in Sharandar, Dread Rings, Icewind, with rank 3's? they need ranks 5's and 6's to survive better. it is very costly and tons of respawning at campfires, it made undesirable for those who might think of quitting NWO as they see poor investments and hard decision if buying or bailout for good.
    those Runes and Enchantments are lagging behind on leveling treadmill.

3rd, crafting, there no way for craftings to stay on leveling pace, they are also lagging behind, it takes 3-4 weeks or longer to catch up.
    doesnt make sense with crafters' timers. why is seem faster but very tedious if doing short burst gathering compare to "mass-gathering" which takes way too long.
    i see 5-10 mins for 1 units and 6 hours long to get 5 units?
    it is more tedious repeating every 10 mins to get 6 units total for 1 hour which is more than 6 hrs versions and lot faster, which it could had 35-40 units for 6 hrs.

that is my feedback for devs, and hopefully some help guide for new players.
  • nageeknageek Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    WoW talk about gloom and doom. Reading this thread makes my in game toons want to slit their wrists.I have been playing for 1 month. I should say I bought 20 dollars in zen to buy some character slots as two was not enough to decide which class I liked and VIP. That was September first. Since then I have leveled a CW to 46 but really fell in love with playing my Dwarf Cleric, who is now 61 and a half. I am by no means a hardcore player.In fact I am surprised at how easy it has been to level up to 60. I have mainly done it solo, though yesterday I teamed with a warrior and went from 54 to 60. Tonight I spent several hours grinding sunken shores and doing the Minsc quests.

The thing I have noticed is nothing has really been a challenge though it certainly has been fun. I have been prepping myself to hit 70 for the campaigns and item sets. I guess ignorance is bliss. I cant miss something I never played. I feel for you guys who played before me...but me I am playing now. You know what I noticed first off?? I am playing for free. It'snot like a paid anyone to play. BUT I spent 20 bucks for VIP and some extra slots by choice.

Stuff I have noticed...most annoying thing I have experienced is friend invites from complete strangers/gold spammers.
    The game is so solo friendly that if your not good at being social then endgame post 70 may be hard to impossible. The chat interface is a pain in the HAMSTER as well.

I just joined a guild BUT the jury is still out. It is not a good sighn that I have counted 8 at most in guild chat. I want to explore and do stuff.

I am just finding out what works with my cleric. I went DO Faithful for party spike heals. I did not know there were only three dungeons. Kinda a bummer.

Yup I noticed right off how the economy was out of kilter. I stopped putting loot I picked up on the AH unless it is blue and even then it hasnt sold. There is such an abundance of mundane greens and blues that new folk have no need to buy on the AH. Some stuff has sold but for the most part most of it has not. I now sell it to my personal vendor artifact.

I did get some cheap level 6 enchants for around 75 to 150 AD. I use Defense, Power and Restoration. For utility I use experience. My VIP has given me some level 8s and a variety of others, which I sold.

I read people complaining about level speed and I laugh. I played EQ 1....

From my experience the BEST MMO that got destroyed was Vanguard. It was a beautiful deep game that never got the funding and financing it needed.

Anyway I ramble. I am having fun. The money I may or may not spend for mounts, experience or anything is lunch money. When I get bored or pissed off I will move on. At present the novelty has not worn off as it has for some of you. I will not be lamenting how HAMSTER the game is while still playing it. When the bloom falls off the rose I will move on.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I have a feeling that I may know why they removed them from the game...

They did not have the skill to change them without reworking them entirely.

It has already been stated, time and time again, that the original devs were geniuses... and that they may have created a coding system that is essentially a foreign language to the new devs. That may also be why we have 3 shortened dungeons and 3 untouched dungeons... they remade the short ones. The 3 dungeons that were remade they are shorter due to their release deadlines.

I do not foresee the old dungeons returning, ever. Here is why.

The massive requirement for an understaffed development group to turn out this new content for Underdark in the next couple of months. This is a contracted obligation to WotC to remain in-line with the rest of the titles. I do not ever see that these requirements will be lessened or freedom to fix the old content... happening in the near future. Maybe a year from now when very large and active PvP guilds have a level 16 GH... and the content will be way too easy for any of them.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance