test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Been around since beta. Gear and Experienced in all PVE/PVE

Hi everyone,
The two major pvp guilds have pretty much decided that "my loyalty is questionable". And to be honest, I would love a fresh start. I don't get the petty rivalries, I enjoy a fair match, win or lose. The key word there is fair. I left one of these particular guilds because I was told by a very popular officer that I needed to "Exploit or be exploited against". I can honestly say the main factor that has made me switch classes in game is when something too cheesy makes it too easy to win. It feels like cheating. I also care more about the people I play with. If they are motivated, competitive to a level where they want to improve their skills more than shoot directly to BiS, then I am usually first in line to help out. I have playable toons of every class. Currently I have a Tfey, Telvenbattle, Tlifedrinker, and Tbarkshield. I also have a large set of rank 10's.

While I just spent the time explaining my expensive gear, I want to point out that I worked hard for each and everyone of those legitimately. So I tend to be more judgmental to pay2wins in pvp. I get a thrill sometimes just getting one kill on one of the "revered leaderboard" players. I still have friends in many guilds, but when the officers spend more time playing amongst themselves then contributing to the welfare of all the players in the guild, I have a problem.

I may seem negative, but I think you need to get to know me. I play this game first and foremost to have fun. Since this was my first MMO I have been shocked to find out many players actually play to get their angst or aggro out on others. That to me is amusing and sad at the same time. I am a veteran of the US Navy and I already proved myself in real life. I don't need to prove anything to anyone in this game except I am fun to play with.

Also, I like to help new players. I seem to run into the same players all the time and nothing is more gratifying than helping someone new or working hard to get better. This game is actually not that difficult, and you don't need to pay to win to be competitive. It just takes help from the experienced players.

Also, I am on hours EST that are not normal for people in this region and I have had great success with being a rank 5 recruiter for an international guild. I love mixing with people from other countries. I tend to get bored with people who live in the same region as me. I play this game to escape from these people, generally. So if you are an international guild I would love to try you out.

After all my floating I think there should be a mandatory 2 weeks of getting to know each other. While I know I will have to prove myself to you, I am pretty sure you will like me. I will go out of my way to help a guild member get geared and like to use teamspeak or other 3rd party voice chat to coordinate in pvp and hopefully share what I have learned. The game has evolved a ton but the basics are still there.

Thanks for reading this and if you think I might like to try out your guild, please let me know via pm.

Comments

• almogaharonialmogaharoni Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    if you are looking for good pve/pvp guild. forsaken rebels is your place. pm me if you intrested in joining
    almog8200@almogaharoni
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    You could check out the Civil Anarchy thread... we are all about fun and helping people. We are a HUGE opponent of exploitations. We earn things the hard way... and in doing so we all learn.

I think it took us 5 or 6 dragonflights to finally get everything right. We did not give up on the first one, after we failed... we never do.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Putting the fact that this is a pitching post for THC aside, just on a personal level - I would like to say I relate to your post a lot. This is the mindset I run my guild with and I'll admit it's rare to find, especially in this game.

In addition to the above, I think it's clear the alliance will be a good fit for you. We're more PVE oriented, but are very competitive with the siege at the moment and as a whole. Everyone's well geared by absolutely hard work and no game-breaking exploits. I won't elaborate much, you can read most of the information in our thread right here.

Wherever you end up, hope we'll meet in game at some point, you sound like a good player with the right mind. Best of luck :)
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The Tyrs Paladium guild would have an interesting role for you if you would consider us.

We are a PvE focused guild, but will be leading a PvP contingent. Our existence pre-alpha and our strength today hasn't ever faltered. We will be here on the last day of the last Cryptic server to disengage. We remain dedicated to drama free, exploit free and zerg free play. We have all levels of player skill in guild, and your role would be instrumental to many and be rewarding in ways loot alone cannot accomplish.

We are also succeeding in keeping our guild international, and even though EST is our prime timezone, we have very loyal international guildies that mean the world to us on at all times. We also may have an instrumental role for you to play here.

The benefits for you of course is FUN, EGO FREE/STRESS FREE play, in a very active guild revered for playing the game the way it was intended to be played. Everyone knows everybody in Tyrs... and everyone is someone important in our guild.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • kominatchakominatcha Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I have had some great offers here but I am pretty serious about not jumping into any guild and would really like a trial period of around two weeks with your guild if possible. I hope to find and stay with a guild, permanently. Right now there is a very big surge of recruitment do to stronghold but since I have been playing since beta I do know that this is just a temporary phase. Once the new mod comes, players will start to form new guilds with people they enjoy playing with. That is my priority. The boons, gear is very much last on the list (although they are nice).
    Sent you an in game friend request...​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • kominatchakominatcha Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Thanks for all the responses but I think I am going to retire from the game. My life is too busy for this distraction now. Good luck and have fun!
    I am sorry to her that. I wish you peace and time.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance