test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Double RP Weekend: To refine or not to refine.....

2»

Comments

• vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    hustin1 said:

I'm refining, but I'm not spending so much as a single AD on GMOPs or on wards. I'm just leaving as many enchantments as possible maxed out, ready for upgrading. They'll stay that way, too, until the new cost of GMOPs is both known and reasonable.

it can be waste of resources, maybe prices of enchantments on AH drop heavily and you better buy rank you need directly and you will just unslot filled lower rank. Artefacts are better investment for filling by enchants in my opinion

• suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    vinceent1 said:

hustin1 said:

I'm refining, but I'm not spending so much as a single AD on GMOPs or on wards. I'm just leaving as many enchantments as possible maxed out, ready for upgrading. They'll stay that way, too, until the new cost of GMOPs is both known and reasonable.

it can be waste of resources, maybe prices of enchantments on AH drop heavily and you better buy rank you need directly and you will just unslot filled lower rank. Artefacts are better investment for filling by enchants in my opinion

Artifacts: BoE
    Enchantments: Unbound

You sure?
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User

vinceent1 said:

hustin1 said:

Artifacts: BoE
    Enchantments: Unbound

You sure?
    sure, whats the point of filling enchantments you never upgrade, because its cheaper just buy them?

• noetic2noetic2 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I don't know what they are thinking with filling enchantments. Like a lot of things in the game, It makes no sense.
    Post edited by noetic2 on
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    urabask said:

noetic2 said:

I had piles of refinement saved up for the weekend. Was looking forward a big jump in item score. Upgraded all my artifacts to max. Went from a lesser to a greater Lethander, again, at near near max. but my item score, now is significantly LOWER than it was before!!!! How is that possible? And in capping an artifact, I used up 40 preservation wards! Again, at a 5% chance, how is that even possible? Am I being toyed with in an attempt to make me spend more? Well, it is moving me in just the opposite direction! Frustration!

My lantern of Revelation took 50 just to get to legendary : |

And the UI glitched out and had the icon saying it had a ward in it when it didn't on one try so I burned 5 gmops and 2 marks : |

Ouch! I've done that. Expensive mistake.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

If I had known about the leadership changes I would probably not have bought quite so much RP recently.
    For 2xRP I tend to dump RP into everything I can and then spend the subsequent weeks/months earning the GMoPs I need to upgrade. After next week a big chunk of those earnings stops so I probably will never get to upgrade some of that stuff. All MMOs tweak and change things but this is the first I have played where there are so many huge changes happening so regularly. It's like encouraging us all to buy cars and then abolishing roads.

This game is the most unstable thing I've ever seen.
  • noetic2noetic2 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited September 2015

urabask said:

noetic2 said:

I had piles of refinement saved up for the weekend. Was looking forward a big jump in item score. Upgraded all my artifacts to max. Went from a lesser to a greater Lethander, again, at near near max. but my item score, now is significantly LOWER than it was before!!!! How is that possible? And in capping an artifact, I used up 40 preservation wards! Again, at a 5% chance, how is that even possible? Am I being toyed with in an attempt to make me spend more? Well, it is moving me in just the opposite direction! Frustration!

My lantern of Revelation took 50 just to get to legendary : |

And the UI glitched out and had the icon saying it had a ward in it when it didn't on one try so I burned 5 gmops and 2 marks : |

Ouch! I've done that. Expensive mistake.
    And don't try to get your ADs back. I tried and they told me that their records showed that no Preservation Ward was slotted. BUT I already KNEW that. It only APPEARED to be slotted. (And the Coalescence Ward I had in my inventory was invisible!) Beyond frustrating. Losing all those Preservation Wards and on top of it losing 720,000 ADs in Greater Marks to a bug!

Feels like I've hit the wall. No further progress to be made except through spending hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. Upgrades at my guild stronghold, but out of reach because hardly anybody is active in my guild. Was planning to change guilds once I got my Item Level up high enough, but after upgrading my cloak, (and near maxing it) upping some 100 levels, and failing to max even one artifact, my item level is somehow lower than it was before I began stockpiling 3 months ago. Motivation killer.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User

Bigger question, do I save for the inevitable BTC/BTA RP change; and then really make bank. Or does Cryptic find away to balance it? Probably not. Unbound RP may become a relic of a different time.

I too see this coming. All items from the Leadership tasks will eventually become bound.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    I upgraded all the remaining artifacts on four toons and sold the rest of my resonance stones.