test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are traps now supposed to leave injuries now?

Just as it says. I was running solo last night and stepped on a trap and the big red "You have a minor injury" message appeared. So I looked at the place where my status icons are and yes I was. I thought it may have been a glitch, so I decided to activate another trap and received the same thing. Please advise.

Answers

• sarolsarol Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Yes, per the patch notes (I think page 3) under enemies there is a line that says traps will now deal a percentage of damage and leave an injury. Hopefully TRs will run ahead and disable the traps, or I will have something to spend my gold on now.
  • kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Same thing here.
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    (Waiting for a TR hater to get on and say, "Well at least TR is useful in ONE WAY now) lol

Haters, Haters EVERYWHERE
  • sharpassassin1sharpassassin1 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Even as a TR the traps aren't that obvious.....and good luck having the group be patient enough to give them a chance to disable them before they're triggered.
    Most of the time you can see when something is out of place and run around it any way. But it is what it is.
  • thepedrokidthepedrokid Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    The real question is...

Why can't a Devoted Cleric cast a spell, or whatever, to remove the injury?

Seriously, can heal for bazillions of points but can't fix a boo-boo?

What's up with that?
  • amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    I hate this change
  • foozbearfoozbear Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The traps leaving an injury is one thing.. I don't have the issue with that,

The major issue I have is the traps that are in the middle of a hallway, that you CANNOT avoid. These are in story areas, so not a lot of chance to find a TR wanting to run point. Being in a hallway and unavoidable... means you hit it twice.. I tried many times to jump it, but with no success.

This is very frustrating.
  • mische201mische201 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Buy Vip Rank 7 then u never get any injuries from whatever bye bye medi kits...
    Its a nice feature!!
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Hmm I wonder if that was a motive! And yes in Baldur's Gate & TOSC, DC's could heal pretty much anything except curses/geas so no reason why they shouldn't be able to in NW.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    rank 7 you say.....

that is some marketing ninja skills...
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    This is funny, we are earning more gold than we ever have in this game following the mod, even if you don't have VIP you should be more than capable of buying injury kits with the tons of coin we are getting now, After swapping some enchants around and some other stuff I was qt 9 gold yesterday morning, by the time I logged of I was at 74, seriously the amount of high value platinum stuff dropping and the coinage levels mean unless you run straight past stuff you should be minted :)
    There is so much loot dropping and can sell for a pretty penny indeed. Sell like 10 of those plates for 4gold-getting like 100 plates an hour-so we getting like 40 gold an hour just from the plates haha. Not to mention the jewelry and the goblets! Such much gold, I just keep removing enchants just because I can
  • wanenwtnstoupeewanenwtnstoupee Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Sure, more loot, but scrolls of ID are still purchasable only in AD. Did the price go up? Seems like a money grab.
    No its still 2500 for 20. Seems like a fair deal to me. Granted I have an absorbent amount of AD, but still.
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    I've got a couple of ID scroll stacks for sale in the auction house. I can't remember what I listed them at but I'm pretty sure they are a good deal ;)

and yah, so much gold to be had. i'm not even trying to get any but it keeps flowing in. i may spend a day farming gold just to see how much i can make.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
    its all good getting gold at later levels... lets look at it from a starting player... it is not so easy getting gold at lower levels.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    The best way to avoid injuries from traps is to slow down, remember where they are at and don't trigger them. All traps in official game content can both be avoided by any class in some fashion (you just need to figure out how, whether it be going around it or jumping over it) as well as disarmed by a trickster rogue. Even if you don't have a rogue in the party, these traps can be avoided regardless. The only one causing you an injury is ones-self by not avoiding the trap in the first place.
    foozbear said:

The major issue I have is the traps that are in the middle of a hallway, that you CANNOT avoid. These are in story areas, so not a lot of chance to find a TR wanting to run point. Being in a hallway and unavoidable... means you hit it twice.. I tried many times to jump it, but with no success.

There are no traps in official game content that cannot be avoided some how. Where exactly is this trap you're having issues figuring out how to get around and what kind of trap is it?
    zebular said:

The best way to avoid injuries from traps is to slow down, remember where they are at and don't trigger them. All traps in official game content can both be avoided by any class in some fashion (you just need to figure out how, whether it be going around it or jumping over it) as well as disarmed by a trickster rogue. Even if you don't have a rogue in the party, these traps can be avoided regardless. The only one causing you an injury is ones-self by not avoiding the trap in the first place.

foozbear said:

There are no traps in official game content that cannot be avoided some how. Where exactly is this trap you're having issues figuring out how to get around and what kind of trap is it?
    the traps are on the doors on one of the lower areas story missions... unless you hit the exact pixel on the opposite corner, you set them off.

There is the one in the linkletter story arc that is next to the stairs down in the first temple (the one that involves the first "boss" falling through the floor)... jumping it has never worked.

I had a few in a later story dungeon, but I cant remember which one now. also there are ones that appear on nodes and chests, with no way to avoid it... especially the saw one... as you open the chest.. it just adds injuries fast.