test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Player Needs HELP

cap1776cap1776 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
I am a relatively new player. I was a Founder, but I stopped playing after a few weeks because I was tired of playing solo.

I came back a few weeks ago with my son a new gamer. We are both VIP and were really excited to play together. In addition, when I first joined I got one of the million Astral Diamond offers...So I thought we were set. We also spent Zen to get some starter stuff, like the first time zen buyer kit

I have looked at the AH before. I noticed that most cool/rare gear, companions and mounts that are hard to impossible to get cost hundreds of thousands of AD to START. More run into the millions.

Today, because of the Waukeen event I tried to buy some extra purses... the cost was 224K AD. My Character level is 45.

I hit the buyout keyt and received an error message stating that the amount exceeded my account limits. It also stated that very valuable items and accounts with max level characters are excuded from the restriction.

What the HECK?!?!

I tried to ask other players in the zone and they didn't know or didn't answer. I sent a GM request and no one answered.
I relogged. Same result.

THEN I tried to buy less... I bought some for 75K and it went through. Fantastic! I tried to buy more for 20K and I got an error saying that I had exceeded my limit for spending on the AH, but that very valuable items and accounts with max characters were excluded. I don't know how long I will be locked out of the Auction House.

So here I sit with a milion Astral Diamonds and no ability to spend them...in a game that seems DESIGNED to use them for its primary in-game currency.

I wanted to buy my son a neat companion on the AH for his birthday in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately it costs a LOT more than 75K. I could spend cash, but I shouldn't HAVE to.

In addition, I am NOT an end game player I play for content and have almost never reached max level in any game. But if I understand the error message, then I have to be level 70 in order to buy any of the neat/cool companions, gear or mounts at the AH that I would want to use to GET to level 70.

I get that a lot of the game is geared for level 60-70..and have heard the statements that levels 1-59 are just to get you TO 60, but there's a lot of content and I want to actually enjoy the journey. I'm NOT a poper gamer. I play this game ONLY because it's a D&D Neverwinter game.. I want that experience.

I'm not a botter. I have heard about issues and would understand a limit on selling...I even understand the limit on earning them is about 25K AD per day is because it was abused.... but what are the options of a newer player who doesn't just zip to level 70? Are we just SOL? Doesn't the company want us to play? WE spend money too, but I don't see why I would buy the Cash items in the store for a game where I can't spend my in-game money too.

Can anyone explain exactly how this works? I don't want my son to get more invested in a agame where he can't spend his AD on neat stuff until it no longer really matters (end game)

WE are not guildees. We don't want PVP and are not likely to be the kind of guys running majorly large raids against end game content for a LOONG time. the idea was to have fun... But it's not going to be that much fun if I can't buy that hawk I was looking at on the AH for 500K or the Intellect devourer that my son wants for somewhere around the same amount.

Am I misunderstanding how this works? Is there any way for lowbies to be able to buy better stuff? What's teh deal. I need some advice Veteran players.

Thanks for anything that anyone can tell me.
Tagged:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.