test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Swapping Skills

thecursedlichthecursedlich Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2015 in PvE Discussion
I would like to know if there is any macro that can swap all my skills to predetermined ones set in on go. An if it is, how do I do it?
I know there is a Macro topic around but the search here and the impossibility to direct link anything on these forums make it extremely hard to find without knowing the topic.
Post edited by zebular on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    gromm1gromm1 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    +1 this, in pve swapping skills is needed and want do that easily.

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Nay, there is no macro/commands to swap skills.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    I too, would love some ability to set skill presets - place all skills on cooldown or require you be out of combat, so as to avoid misuse of such a feature. Otherwise, this would be a great addition, (my DC could switch from soloing mode, to buffing mode, to straight-up healing mode).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    muuli01muuli01 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    bioshrike said:

I too, would love some ability to set skill presets - place all skills on cooldown or require you be out of combat, so as to avoid misuse of such a feature. Otherwise, this would be a great addition, (my DC could switch from soloing mode, to buffing mode, to straight-up healing mode).

Adding this and do "cooldown/out off combat", yes this makes sense. Currently need swap skills between different HE´s to be effective on smaller groups.

BTW, swapped skills goes anyway cooldown and sure there is stuff for this but "third part" is against rules... and so on.

• Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    There is no direct way of swapping skills with macro/commands, but a workaround - saving and loading from file your GUI and binding them to keys
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Another common feature of most MMOs, that is for some reason the devil here. I can honestly say I would even spend ZEN on the ability to have a dual spec or even just being able to swap skills - and I main a hunter who doesn't need to do it as often as other classes.

I really can't see why this is so feared.
  • Options
    muuli01muuli01 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    wentris said:

There is no direct way of swapping skills with macro/commands, but a workaround - saving and loading from file your GUI and binding them to keys

This sounds interesting and it looks like it is part of game, where to find some "help" for it?

• Options
    thecursedlichthecursedlich Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    wentris said:

How exactly I can do that?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    wentris said:

muuli01 said:

wentris said:

This sounds interesting and it looks like it is part of game, where to find some "help" for it?

wentris said:

How exactly I can do that?
    Saving and loading your user interface does not save or load hotbar assignments. There is no way to save/load hotbar assignments.
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User

Another common feature of most MMOs, that is for some reason the devil here. I can honestly say I would even spend ZEN on the ability to have a dual spec or even just being able to swap skills - and I main a hunter who doesn't need to do it as often as other classes.

I really can't see why this is so feared.

Dual spec...this would be the best way to spend ZEN by a mile !

Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"