test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AH HELP Please

cap1776cap1776 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
I was originally a Founder but hated playing alone. Now my son and I are playing together again. We are both VIPs. When I started playing I got one fo the codes that gave me a million AD... so I thought I was OK to start... I am NOT a botter...

I was just trying to buy something on the Auction House. 500 purses of Waukeen for 224K AD. (MOST stuff on the AH costs more than that to start). My charcter is level 45. I received the following message:

[ERROR]This item exceeds your account's maximum purchase price. Very valuable items and accounts with max-level characters are exempt from this restriction.

I am sort of freaking out. I have spent ZEN to buy stuff to get back in...I subscribed to VIP... but from what I am reading here I can't buy stuff on the Auction House? If I understand this correctly, this will stop me from buying any decent mounts or companions until I am level 70 and already maxed out... What the heck Cryptic? I want to enjoy the whole game... you make everything an AD purchase, but we can't SPEND them? I would understand a limit on selling to prevent botters from dominating... but why can't I buy? and as I said, almost everything decent costs more than 224K AD... Heck a LOT of things start at more than a million.

I was going to surprise my son by buying him a special companion on the AH for his birthday, but worry that I can't do it now.

I understand that a lot of content is for levels 60-70 but the game has 59 levels of content before that... Aren't we supposed to be allowwd to enjoy THOSE levels of play as well?

Can anyone tell me what's going on? I'm really close to giving up and quitting again...
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    As an addendum... I tried to ask for help from a GM, but still havent received a response... Sigh
  • Options
    And another addendum...I tried to buy a smaller amount...it let me
    spend 75000 but when I tried to buy a second thing I was locked out of the AH... I'm not sure for how long... This is REALLY frustrating.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Last year, there was a Security Update put into effect. In short, it sounds like the account in question has hit a limit and been flagged for probation due to whatever you did triggering it to appear as suspicious. Alas, we cannot help with Account and Billing Issues on the forum, so you're going to need to contact Support and discuss this directly with them.

As you said you made a GM Ticket, your ticket should be visible in your ticket history here where you can update and reply to it. If it is not listed there, you may have inadvertently made it as a bug report and in which case you'll want to file an actual Support Ticket to gain a response from Support.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.