test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Now that you're finally doing something about Mod 6 - how many more months to correcting the SW?

lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
edited September 2015 in The Nine Hells
The last real response was a statement that an SW would be trialed to assess the class.......then nothing.

Now that may not come as too much of a surprise for the cynical amongst us who have experienced weeks or in fact months of disregard for various class issues.

But I'll attempt to rise above that, with another plea to Strumslinger to raise the priority against the SW - particularly, but not exclusively, the Temptation build.

So, I'll ask again - what is happening to the SW? Are there any plans to fix this class?
If not fine, at least the player base will have some information even if it's not what we where hoping for.

However, if there are actions in the pipeline, then what is the timescale? Not asking to nail this down to the nearest hour, just a general indication - 4 weeks, 8 weeks 3 months.....etc

[Mod note: Removed comments on moderation and moved to SW Forum. Please read the Rules. Closing the other one up since Andy replied to this one.]
...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
"Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
..............not this one then.............
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    okeepheokeephe Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    What's wrong with Warlocks?
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    We're still actively working on it. It is being done.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

Andy to the rescue, and keep up the good work! :)

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    okeephe said:

Nothing. It needs a nerf in pve!
    TT is still wrongly calculated and doing too much dmg!
    Soul puppet is bugged. Its doing too much dmg!
    They just love doing buff my class posts in general w/o even explaining the details of a specific problem!
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    okeephe said:

Tons. The biggest problem is only 1 feat line is viable and that just a tad, dependent on a glitch to do so.

The class was released and is dependent on the life steal stat, but in the next Mod they nerfed life steal, making the SW not WAI.

To give an analogy, imagine GF/GWF having to be limited to leather or cloth armor and only have short swords and no shield. Or TR having all stealthing disabled and only wear cloth. Or a DC limited to leather armor and only 1 daily heal. Or a HR be limited to cloth and only melee skill no ranging. How about a OP no shield, leather, dagger and 1 daily heal.

All of those scenarios would be class breaking and dis-ableing their protection/dps cycle, that's what the LS nerf did to SW and the dodge dynamics never actually enabled as labeled.

If you want to get in depth about it, you will need to look at an actual SW skill/feat build, read just what skill builds on what stat. SW need to curse, then build on encounters/at-wills to create either a DPS train or a channel high hit. LS and necrotic/vampiric/curse skills are their forte, they need LS to activate 2 feat paths, one being primarily vampiric and the other curse centric, those 2 paths don't work.

The 3rd feat path is centric on having soul puppets (skill activated pet) and reflective dmg/dot. The SW is gimped as well in this path until they get the feat cap that makes their soul puppet persist, and also buffs it's threat and dps output. If you ever played WoW, think of hunter class, your pet ties up the mob and is 1/2 or more your dps while you DOT up the mob.

The previously mentioned "glitch" is the puppets are having huge hits/threat that are sometimes out tanking tanks in groups. The other problem is that those soul puppets are having pathing problems in dungeons, they are getting stuck on features that leaves the SW petless in boss fights, which then leads to near insta-death.

• Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    mattock13 said:

Excellent. Thank you
    Adding my thanks, good news. :)

commanderdata002 - there was little point in copy pasting the list of posts discussing the SW, this has been done before - a few times.

If you want to read through some here's a couple of links:
    first is the original with 63 posts
    second has 48 posts

http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1200623/now-that-youre-finally-doing-something-about-mod-6-how-many-more-months-to-correcting-the-sw#latest

http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1195187/why-are-we-so-far-behind-all-other-classes-in-every-department-except-class-that-sucks-most#latest
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    mattsacre said:

okeephe said:

The other problem is that those soul puppets are having pathing problems in dungeons, they are getting stuck on features that leaves the SW petless in boss fights, which then leads to near insta-death.
    This is my big issue on my SW. Damnation SW and I can't have my pet 9/10 times in a boss fight. Ill be on top in damage and drop down to second if I don't die. If I don't it is due to moving near constantly and using whatever I can to keep my health up.Not too bad there but it is a bit ridiculous that my soul puppet won't fight since that is the entire point of the Damnation tree! Either fix it so it gets in to the boss battle OR kill the damn thing upon entering a boss fight so it can be resummoned OR let us dismiss it manually so we could at least drop it before entering and then summon it back. Any of those would work.
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User

mattsacre said:

okeephe said:

The other problem is that those soul puppets are having pathing problems in dungeons, they are getting stuck on features that leaves the SW petless in boss fights, which then leads to near insta-death.
    This is my big issue on my SW. Damnation SW and I can't have my pet 9/10 times in a boss fight. Ill be on top in damage and drop down to second if I don't die. If I don't it is due to moving near constantly and using whatever I can to keep my health up.Not too bad there but it is a bit ridiculous that my soul puppet won't fight since that is the entire point of the Damnation tree! Either fix it so it gets in to the boss battle OR kill the damn thing upon entering a boss fight so it can be resummoned OR let us dismiss it manually so we could at least drop it before entering and then summon it back. Any of those would work.
    +1
    Any way to summon, kill/resummon, or to actually just re-spawn auto once it falls to far behind would be sufficient to fix the pathing problem.

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    lyaise said:

mattock13 said:

Excellent. Thank you
    Adding my thanks, good news. :)

commanderdata002 - there was little point in copy pasting the list of posts discussing the SW, this has been done before - a few times.

If you want to read through some here's a couple of links:
    first is the original with 63 posts
    second has 48 posts

http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1200623/now-that-youre-finally-doing-something-about-mod-6-how-many-more-months-to-correcting-the-sw#latest

http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1195187/why-are-we-so-far-behind-all-other-classes-in-every-department-except-class-that-sucks-most#latest
    do not reply to him , he is a known forum troll
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I have played SW since it launched. There is some misinformation above. The warlock has a good foundation for serving unique roles in pve/pvp and has nice class character, but does need some rework.

Many experienced/knowledgeable warlocks gave input through several threads on what warlock as an warlock class proper would look like. The most recent was this thread here:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1196785/warlock-needs-a-class-rework
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    mattsacre said:

Tons. The biggest problem is only 1 feat line is viable and that just a tad, dependent on a glitch to do so.

The class was released and is dependent on the life steal stat, but in the next Mod they nerfed life steal, making the SW not WAI.

Level Stronghold 20% lifesteal boon and try endless consumption!
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • Options
    tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    anyone tried a SW build with Life Steal stacked? how much is the maximum we can stack?
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    As soon as the bugs get fixed, SW is left standing in the rain with less damage and nothing else of value brining into a group. Any other class can deliver damage + something extra, SW should be able to do the same.

And btw. why should SW require either broken equipment, powers, enchantments or Stronghold boons to be able to do his "job"?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2015

okeephe said:

Nothing. It needs a nerf in pve!
    TT is still wrongly calculated and doing too much dmg!
    Soul puppet is bugged. Its doing too much dmg!
    They just love doing buff my class posts in general w/o even explaining the details of a specific problem!
    That's the whole problem. The class relies on this to deal damage in dungeons because everything else is abysmal damage wise in their arsenal. TT needs to just be removed or made to do something else because it's still not working as intended. Fix the puppet's damage, buff the hell out of it's survivability so damnation serves a different role other than ungodly damage dealer. It would be great to have more agro management in a dungeon instead of rely on tank over and over, or maybe the tank wouldn't like to have to agro everything in sight, but currently the puppet draws agro, then dies in one hit. The at-wills, the encounters, they all need buffs in areas.

Just roll as temptation to see just how horribly weak the class is from it's core.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    I feel that SWs need some more control options added to their repertoire. I'd also like to see lifesteal made more reliable for them and/or to have their class abilities/passives revamped, as few of them are actually worthwhile. Giving a power like swords of the vanquished army something like a repel effect would also go a long way toward improving survivability.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Its worth to note that, right now, Life Steal is a wild and dangerous thing and the Devs should keep an eye on it. I made some calculations and if I decide to go all over LS, Ill have up to 98% LS chance (circunstancial, for a few seconds, but still), so any kind of rework/buffs should take tis into consideration. I truly want the class to shine and be useful, but also, I dont want dozens of threads asking it to be obliterated after some 'mistakes' whilst working on it.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The Devs could just turn Life Steal into a "heal over time" for a decent percentage of the SW hitpoints.
    No more chance [censored].
    The more Life Steal you stack, the better the HoT effect from it.
    And as mentioned before, at some point bugs will get fixed, and then what?!
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    regenerde said:

And as mentioned before, at some point bugs will get fixed, and then what?!

the moment TT and puppet is fixed only option to go will be SB fury
    from that moment Warlock will be at the deepest bottom from all classes if nothing changes
    no cc, no damage, poor support = not needed
    it would be an invoking class i guess
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    What is the problem about lifesteal ? My sw fury hellbringer is very bad geared with ls at 7% and thanks to bargain encounter i can do any content.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Try Temptation, then try really healing your group through a fight with your 7% LS, and then report back here...
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User

What is the problem about lifesteal ? My sw fury hellbringer is very bad geared with ls at 7% and thanks to bargain encounter i can do any content.

lol /10char
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    zeusom said:

lol /10char
    he mains a cuntroll wizard
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @mamalion1234
    I guess its an invoking char and if you talk about any content you talk about invoking in some dangerous areas?
    A bad geared HB fury can do a s.hit
    There is no content except sharandar...thats it
    Or lets say , show us a video with your bad geared warlock doing dailies oe better HE's in WoD...would be very interesting
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    From post and threads I assume SW still is kinda HAMSTER/buggy/broken class and not safe to return back to game....
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    So frustrating. Have 40% crit, lostmauth set. Blades of vanq armies synergized with all-consuming curse, followed by fiery bolt, powries can still survive this. Have to bloody expend a daily just to stop em from draining my AP.

I can cast IT with my MoF, then some chilling cloud to melt em in no time.
    Spam WMS with my GWF 2-3 times and they're dead.
    Cast divine glow/sunburst to wipe em with my righteous DC without ever needing to waste divinity.
    About 3 WMS with my conq GF.
    Hindering strike, just one time, with a trapper...
    Smoke bomb or Dazing from stealth, that's all....

Seriously why is solo content so annoying and tedious for a SW. Even the controllers blow through it twice as fast.
  • Options
    ghoulz66 said:

So frustrating. Have 40% crit, lostmauth set. Blades of vanq armies synergized with all-consuming curse, followed by fiery bolt, powries can still survive this. Have to bloody expend a daily just to stop em from draining my AP.

I can cast IT with my MoF, then some chilling cloud to melt em in no time.
    Spam WMS with my GWF 2-3 times and they're dead.
    Cast divine glow/sunburst to wipe em with my righteous DC without ever needing to waste divinity.
    About 3 WMS with my conq GF.
    Hindering strike, just one time, with a trapper...
    Smoke bomb or Dazing from stealth, that's all....

Seriously why is solo content so annoying and tedious for a SW. Even the controllers blow through it twice as fast.

thats a big secret never told by crytic, my GWF 4 time faster running WoD my DC same , can play him onehanded, warlock....so much work
  • Options
    solerrosolerro Member Posts: 46 Arc User

thats a big secret never told by crytic, my GWF 4 time faster running WoD my DC same , can play him onehanded, warlock....so much work

Exactly so. My CW was outpacing my level 70 SW when he was only level 66.

I am amused by the people with 3k+ ilevel saying that this is a "solution".

Or to use a pet glitch that can jack with your group's tank.

Yeah, get any character to 3K+ item level and they are bonkers. The difference is that all the other classes don't suck horridly between that. ;)

Sure the pet glitch can do high damage, it can also spin dragons around and get people tail whipped and basically drive your tank bonkers. /shrug