test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Red Dragon Ioun Stone

tigerspawn1tigerspawn1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited September 2015 in PvE Discussion
Is the stone bind on pick up or bind on equip? The collection page states that it is bind on equip. The vendor under the items states bind on pick up.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2015
    If it is BOP why does collections say BOE? Would be nice if it was bound to account or BOE.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    There's no such thing as a BOA companion, fyi
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    putzboy78 said:

Some companions are Account wide claims (Reward Claims Agent) and a few have been given out as promotions that are Account Bound in their unused state. However when used, they became Character bound like all companions do when equipped. As well, there are some companions that when claimed are bound to character even before equipped, like the Red Dragon Ioun Stone from the Dragon Scale Merchant.

So, this is where the user's confusion rests. Normally, the Red Dragon Ioun Stone is Bind on Equip. However, the Dragon Scale Merchant sells one also, yet for Silvery Dragon Scales and when bought from that vendor specifically, it is Bound on Pickup.

• Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    zebular said:

Some companions are Account wide claims (Reward Claims Agent) and a few have been given out as promotions that are Account Bound in their unused state. However when used, they became Character bound like all companions do when equipped.

Typically we refer to items as Bind on Pickup or Bind on Equip. The sub categories of Bind on Account and Bind on Character are subcategories under this premise. I guess I wasn't clear enough when i was stating that there was no Bind on Account companions under the Bind on Equip category. Thanks for taking the time to provide further clarification to this point.
    zebular said:

putzboy78 said:

As well, there are some companions that when claimed are bound to character even before equipped, like the Red Dragon Ioun Stone from the Dragon Scale Merchant.

So, this is where the user's confusion rests. Normally, the Red Dragon Ioun Stone is Bind on Equip. However, the Dragon Scale Merchant sells one also, yet for Silvery Dragon Scales and when bought from that vendor specifically, it is Bound on Pickup.

Thanks for clarifying that point. So where does one get the non-BOP Red Dragon Ioun Stone? It appears this source for the stone is what the OP is trying to identify and is the type of Ioun Stone he would like to procure.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    I may have been confusing the Black Dragon Ioun Stone's acquisition sources with the Red Dragon Ioun Stone's, as all my sources indicate just one place, the Dragon Scale Merchant for the Red. I'll dig deeper when I have time and put in an inquiry.
  • Options
    There are BOA companions that are not the account wide ones. The only two companion that I know of that are bound on account until you bind it to a toon are the war dog and the neverwinter guard that NW gave us for free.

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    zebular said:

putzboy78 said:

Some companions are Account wide claims (Reward Claims Agent) and a few have been given out as promotions that are Account Bound in their unused state. However when used, they became Character bound like all companions do when equipped. As well, there are some companions that when claimed are bound to character even before equipped, like the Red Dragon Ioun Stone from the Dragon Scale Merchant.

I'm further confused. The Sylph I got with the Knight of the Feywild is Bind to Account and I get one with each toon I make. I have 3 characters and each one has a sylph, for example. And I highly recommend her for a pet.
  • Options

zebular said:

putzboy78 said:

I'm further confused. The Sylph I got with the Knight of the Feywild is Bind to Account and I get one with each toon I make. I have 3 characters and each one has a sylph, for example. And I highly recommend her for a pet.
    The Sylph is Bind on Pickup and is an Account-wide unique reclaimable from the Reward Claims Agent.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    The confusion is because companions act differently than items. Companions are bound once equipped (basically once you use it, its bound to the character and can never be transferred). Prior to being named, they operate like any other item.

To my knowledge, there is no companion that can be traded, even within the same account, once it has been used - unlike items in which there is a Bound (Account) status that allows you to transfer items between account characters.

On a semi related topic, I think we should be able to use our Alts as companions ;) Obviously just for looks, but would be cool.