test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fresh reinstall neverwinter and arc app

solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
I am tired of getting trow to the desktop screen after hitting play on neverwinter launcher, so i decided to reinstall everything, but how do i do so?
If i got to control panel and uninstall aplication and uninstal "Arc" will that uninstal neverwinter or how does it do?

Comments

• Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Don't use ARC as a launcher. Just launch Neverwinter directly from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Neverwinter_en directory. ARC/Steam etc just create unnecessary overhead.

BTW, if you've got neverwinter not loading check the Unplayable lag thread. The issue is probably not the app and is related to Cryptics services
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2015
    If you want to reinstall fresh without Arc:

Backup a copy of the Neverwinter.exe launcher program. Then load Arc and uninstall the game there by right clicking it in the left list and choose to uninstall it. You can then uninstall Arc from Programs and Features in your Windows Control Panel -- Or, just uninstall Arc from Programs and Features in your Windows Control Panel and select the option during the uninstall process to also remove installed games.

Then place your backup copy of Neverwinter.exe where you want the game installed (create your own directory) and then run it as an administrator from that directory and the game will patch install itself into that directory in its proper structure without Arc.