test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

spam

4 players have been constantly spamming a website to con money from gamers for about 3 hours hours now why dont they get banned? They all have around 3% game completion and have low achievements like 45 its like they have bought new cosoles just to rip people off on neverwinter

Comments

• fluffyr00fluffyr00 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Welcome to Neverwinter where the devs are too scared to put in a proper banhammer for chat spammers.
    "Patching the patch that patched the patch"
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    They create new gamertags every day, that's why they are so low level - this gets around banning and players blocking them.

Cryptic have created a script that insta-bans anyone saying the website names in chat but they've got around this by breaking them up with characters.

I've said on other threads that Cryptic need to trace the machine ID and report them to Microsoft for a ban on the console but ofc there's no reply from them.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Billion dollar corporations (can you say Target?) get hacked (that's not a "bad" word, I just said ha cked) all the time. What chance does a lowly game studio stand?
    Hackers have a LOT of skill. People jail break and mod tech all the time. I am pretty sure that just about ANY action Crypric or MS takes will only be temp.

*2nd Edit* weirdness... After I went and added the bit in parenthesis, it un-censored the word "hack"
  • shots2thecrotchshots2thecrotch Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    This makes no sense to me. It is simple to remove the spammers: just have some intern on every coffee or smoke break check out Protector's Enclave and ban all the new web site spammers. Bada boom, bada bing. And it should be important enough to do so, these websites are trying to take money out of their pockets by selling AD and gold for cash.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

This makes no sense to me. It is simple to remove the spammers: just have some intern on every coffee or smoke break check out Protector's Enclave and ban all the new web site spammers. Bada boom, bada bing. And it should be important enough to do so, these websites are trying to take money out of their pockets by selling AD and gold for cash.

They could have a whole team of people working around the clock doing nothing but banning spammers, and they still wouldn't make a dent.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    ^^^ Then we should have the ability to block user chat on our end. I would love to have the option to click on a name in chat and "block chat" for specific users, and wouldn't mind building that list myself.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

^^^ Then we should have the ability to block user chat on our end. I would love to have the option to click on a name in chat and "block chat" for specific users, and wouldn't mind building that list myself.

That is an excellent suggestion, and one that is available on PC, so I don't know why you don't have an ignore list on Xbox. I'll pass that along.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Oh how i would love to have an ignore option on xbox. HAHA
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    I highly doubt that Neverwinter uses XBOX's Block List but if it does, you can check by placing one of these spammer's Gamertags into your Blocklist: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/how-to-block-player

Alas, at this time there is no in-game way to ignore another player. I do know for a fact that the Developers are working on drastically improving the chat system as a whole.
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    zebular said:

I highly doubt that Neverwinter uses XBOX's Block List but if it does, you can check by placing one of these spammer's Gamertags into your Blocklist: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/how-to-block-player

Alas, at this time there is no in-game way to ignore another player. I do know for a fact that the Developers are working on drastically improving the chat system as a whole.

Good to know thanks for that, right now the Zone is a no go area for many of us until its fixed in some way :(
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    I ignore that stuff anyways. i normally leave my chat on guild chat only. LOL
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• b0redgamerb0redgamer Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Blocking a profile on XBL would have no impact on the profile's ability to spam zone chat. You would still be able to see it. That being said, hopefully we get an in-game chat blocking option soon. I currently have my 3 tabs set as follows: Main (trade, lfg, say), Guild/Group (Guild, Guild officer, Group, Say), the last I have is Combat which just displays the numbers for testing various things. I do not turn zone much anymore as it is full of spam and mostly worthless chatter. When I do turn it on occasionally, even when someone has a legitimate question to ask the only way to answer them is a pm as it all gets buried in spam and nonsense.
    Signature under construction, stay tuned.
    GT: b0red gamer
    blocking via xbox works if u quit the game properly afterwards (not just log out and in).

The issue is these guys create new gamertags every morning so the next day they are back and visible in trade/zone chat.

As I said at the beginning, Cryptic need to get the device ID and go to Microsoft to get the device itself bricked for abuse (breach of Xbox T&C). Only when they start losing actual consoles will these guys see there's no financial benefit to carrying on.

Well, if I block a profile that is spamming zone chat. Log out, close the application, start the game and log back in, I can still see the same profile spamming the chat. I agree Cryptic could do that with the console ID but I think the better idea would be to get some people from XBL enforcement on board and have them start bricking consoles via reports from players in game and patrolling the chat. I am positive from what has been said in the Ambassador forums that the issue is known.
    Funny, I did it a few times and it worked for me. These days I just leave the Trade channel turned off so I don't see most of it. I also don't see all the junk messages from players selling stuff either so it's a double win ;)

Indeed, mine sits on guild/group 99% of the time.