test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Graphics Issue Is Not Fixed

cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
In the now closed thread HERE that Strumslinger started, it was asked after the emergency patch on Friday if people were still experiencing graphics crash issues, and the answer was Yes. Other people I play with are still experiencing crash and graphics events.

Unfortunately, the thread was closed by a mod since "people were posting about other issues".

I have originally posted HERE with original issues and HERE with msalloc issues and HERE with what I currently am experiencing, but to recap:

The graphics issue is NOT fixed. Multiple people were reporting they were still having issues.

It is NOT a HDD event caused by bad sectors on my machine, as I have 2 separate installs of Win10x64 on different drives (one clean, one upgrade from Win7). My box (currently) has 16gb of RAM, GTX580, Intel HD3000, 9800GTX.

I have done everything listed in the now closed thread that was suggested, including:
  • Run the game on each of the video cards listed above
  • Removed each of the video cards to isolate (exception of Intel card, it's integrated)
  • Pulled out 16gb of RAM and checked RAM in sets to eliminate that potential (box originally had 32gb)
  • Fresh install of Win10x64 with fresh install of NWO
  • Upgrade install of Win10x64 on a different drive
  • Reinstalled NWO numerous times, run as Adin, compatibility modes, etc
  • Tried the -d3d11Enable 0 and the -d3d9 options, with Safe Mode/Force Verify as directed
  • Manually selected each of the graphics types (d9, d9ex, d11) from the internal game options

So I think we can safely say based on the above, I am not having hard drive issues, yes?

Now, prior to the patch in mid/late June - this machine ran NWO just fine under Win7x64. No issues. None. I had some lag and rubberbanding, but who didn't? Post the aforementioned patch, I crashed *constantly*, to the point where I couldn't play consistently. Crashed in dungeons, crashed while invoking, crashed while loading toons, crashed when doing quests. Other games (Witcher 1-3, DDO, D3, Spore, WoW, I can go on and on) run absolutely without a hitch. Even the new Alone In The Dark (horrible game). NO ISSUES. ONLY NWO.

So about a week and change before SH was due to be released, I got my Win10 upgrade. I figured I had nothing to lose. I upgraded, and patched up test and... I was able to play.

I was able to:
  • Play SH quests for HOURS without a hitch on Test
  • Run quests on Live for HOURS without a hitch
  • Ran up to *four* concurrent sessions of NWO simultaneously without crash
  • (The above is because I have 2 accounts, logged into Live and test at the same time)
  • Noticeable drop in lag/rubberbanding
  • Noticeable increase in smoothness of the game

So based on the above, I think we can safely say it's not a Win10 or Win7 issue, yes?

I was excited - hooray, able to play again. SH launched, I dropped $100 on Zen expecting to be able to play with my guildies again, bought the VIP package, and DIDN'T MAKE IT THROUGH THE FIRST HE. OK, I thought... it's patch day, just launched, be patient. AND IT GOT WORSE after the next patch on Thursday. The 8/21 maintenance brought no relief, either.

I randomly crash when logging in, starting up, resizing graphics windows, etc.

I pretty consistently crash when I:
  • Run any SH HE with a lot of Orcs, drakes, Dragons, or spiders (Beast Attack is semi-stable)
  • Fight more than a couple of the aforementioned mobs at the same time
  • Have other players pop off dailies/encounters in close proximity to me
  • Burn my encounters and dailies hard with artifact proc'd and a lightning enchant
  • (the above can even be used to cause crashing in Trade of Blades)
  • Summon/dismiss my spider mount rapidly

I can go on, you get the point, right?

Again, reviewing the closed thread will show there were others reporting that they were still experiencing graphics crashes, hangs, etc. Can we PLEASE either sticky this or create a new thread, and if people are posting things non-germane, just moderate those posts, rather than closing the entire thread? I, and many others, are STILL unable to play. I just want to PLAY THIS GAME with my friends and guildies again. Is this too much to ask?

(Edit - correct typos, no content changed/added/removed)
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    for me the my fps drops whenever i do any of those , i believe the changes has to do with the new visual fx added to the game , i understand giving a better game play visually is great but what optimization are done for persons as myself that has a laptop with integrated graphics never had a problem prior to mod 7 , but now it seems anything (action wise) result in me losing fps
    ps. i changed graphics settings to minimum
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    You misunderstand. The thread there was for the crash that happened after pressing Play on the launcher. Since you're getting in game, that thread did not really apply to your issue (or others). The crash I mentioned has since been fixed. If you're still crashing in other aspects of the game, please do contact Support. There's no need to sticky this thread as there is no indication that the crashing you're detailing is as wide-spread as the issue the other thread was created for or as a few folks are claiming it is.

I'm closing this up because you're making assumptions of implications based upon a reply to another user, which doesn't relate to you and you're discussing moderation. Leaving it open in it's format would only continue to purvey that the crash the other thread was for was not fixed, which it was.

I understand that you're frustrated and confused at the closing of the prior thread. Instead, please do contact Support about your issue in particular, and if you wish, make a proper thread on it in the Support Forums, leaving out insinuations and discussion of moderation. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.