test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Harper Email...?

instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
What's the deal with the "Well-Informed Harper" email that everyone's been spammed with?
header.png
"...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79

Best Answers

• Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Answer ✓
    Hey guys, with every module release, we do a little poke to the live functionality to make sure things are working. The Harper Mail is the result of one of our "pokes." Nothing to worry about!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Answer ✓
    That's a good thought... not that I can get into any of my foundries to check...
    zebular wrote: »
    Might not have word back till after Monday on this as it's not a pressing issue, but I inquired and will do so again.

Just giving you a poke, @zebular.. no rush on things, of course.

Thanks!
    Thanks for the reminder, I inquired and Strum has graciously informed!
    Hey guys, with every module release, we do a little poke to the live functionality to make sure things are working. The Harper Mail is the result of one of our "pokes." Nothing to worry about!
    Thanks, Strum!

Answers

• Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    indeed, whats it for?
  • Options
    That's an EXCELLENT question!
    header.png
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    Foundries back up?
  • Options
    Doesn't appear to be.
    header.png
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    Those Harpers. Always seeking attention.
    If it's so important why the heck don't they go out and do the tasks themselves???? They certainly seem to have plenty of spare time on their hands....
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,293 Arc User
    Our (Canadian) Prime Minister just wanted to contact us. ;)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I received the same. My best guess is that the Harpers could possibly be a catalyst for the events that are going to take place in the Underdark. Foreshadowing certain aspects of the game has been going on for quite some time... (Foundries are back up to play, but the editor is still down, as usual...)
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Pretty positive this is a bug since that happened twice before in the past year.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Most likely, as @rinat114 stated, it's due to them working on the Foundry, as it has indeed happened before. It also could be due to an update to the Foundry that caused the in-game mail to get sent out, for it is not different than I remember. Might not have word back till after Monday on this as it's not a pressing issue, but I inquired and will do so again.

For what it is worth, it is known that "A Well Informed Harper" NPCs in game serve to provide zone-specific Foundry Quests.

Update: This is the same as the one I have on record on another toon from March:
    Subject: Neverwinter: An Invitation from the Harpers

'Old Zeb',

Your heroics in and around Neverwinter have caught the attention of our organization. We believe your skills could be of great use to us, and we’d like to extend an offer to you.

We represent the Harpers, a WELL INFORMED society dedicated to advancing the cause of good across all of Faerûn. We seek out evil threats, and if their power becomes too great, we take action against them. The good people of this world must be allowed to live their lives free from tyranny, and we must do what we can to maintain that freedom.

Over the centuries, we have recruited heroes like you to assist us in our endeavors. There are many new dangers across the Sword Coast, and we can use your help. Seek us out: you can find our agents and postings everywhere. Look for our sign: a harp surrounded by stars.

Stay well, my friend. We look forward to speaking to you soon.

-The Harpers
  • Options
    Most likely, as @rinat114 stated, it's due to them working on the Foundry, as it has indeed happened before. It also could be due to an update to the Foundry that caused the in-game mail to get sent out, for it is not different than I remember. Might not have word back till after Monday on this as it's not a pressing issue, but I inquired and will do so again.

For what it is worth, it is known that "A Well Informed Harper" NPCs in game serve to provide zone-specific Foundry Quests.

'Old Zeb',

Your heroics in and around Neverwinter have caught the attention of our organization. We believe your skills could be of great use to us, and we’d like to extend an offer to you.

We represent the Harpers, a WELL INFORMED society dedicated to advancing the cause of good across all of Faerûn. We seek out evil threats, and if their power becomes too great, we take action against them. The good people of this world must be allowed to live their lives free from tyranny, and we must do what we can to maintain that freedom.

Over the centuries, we have recruited heroes like you to assist us in our endeavors. There are many new dangers across the Sword Coast, and we can use your help. Seek us out: you can find our agents and postings everywhere. Look for our sign: a harp surrounded by stars.

-The Harpers

Cool, Zeb. Thanks.
    header.png
  • Options

'Old Zeb',

-The Harpers

Cool, Zeb. Thanks.
    No problem! I just dug through a few of my characters and found the exact same mail on a different toon that they got back in March.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I'll have to check when the editor goes live again, to see if we picked up some new assets. We've been clamoring for more for quite some time.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    I'll have to check when the editor goes live again, to see if we picked up some new assets. We've been clamoring for more for quite some time.

That would be sweet... although I just wish the editor goes live again soon. :-)
    header.png
  • Options
    tmshotstmshots Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    My account is new, My third created char which i use a lot recently got this letter with her name in it. No other char got one. Not even the main. Some of the people in my guild never got a letter to any specific char. I have been wondering about this whole letter thing as well.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    Might it be an overly-well-wrapped notification that a foundry you have run has been modified?

Just an idea...
  • Options
    That's a good thought... not that I can get into any of my foundries to check...
    Might not have word back till after Monday on this as it's not a pressing issue, but I inquired and will do so again.

Just giving you a poke, @zebular.. no rush on things, of course.

Thanks!

header.png
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    that's the email you're supposed to get when you hit 60, something was obviously reset/bugged because I got that again AND a repeat of all the Lord Nevermind quests (make an enchantment blah blah) that I did 2+ years ago... rofl gg pw
  • Options
    MiseryMisery Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Pretender's agents, I'd mark as spamm :3
    3.8k PvP SW.
  • Options
    Thanks, Andy.
    header.png