test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strongholds Preview Patch Notes NW.50.20150722a.15

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Content and Environment
  • Domination PvP will more reliably wait for a full teams before starting the match. This event will be reactivated.
  • Greed of the Dragonflight
    1. Resolved an issue with the Dragonflight raid where rewards were being given out incorrectly.
    2. Resolved an issue with the Dragonflight where the dragons would move around if more than 20 players were attacking it.
  • Elemental Evil
    1. Greatly increased the amount of experience Vigilance tasks give across the board.
    2. Reduced the number of Vigilance tasks needed to complete the meta quests from 16 to 8.
    3. Enemies from levels 61 through 70 have had their damage reduced slightly.
    4. Enemies from levels 61 through 70 have had their hit points reduced substantially.
    5. Enemies from levels 71+ have had their Hit Points reduced slightly, this includes campaign zones and dungeons.
  • Strongholds
    1. Stronghold encounters will no longer despawn while upgrading to level 2.
    2. Resolved an issue where Heroic Encounters would have the wrong time displayed in the overhead map.
    3. Resolved an issue where players were not getting any rewards from completing Heroic Encounters.
    4. Resolved an issue with all Crisis Heroic Encounters where players were not getting credit for damage done to the final bosses.

Items and Economy
  • Epic Dungeon Chest Keys can now be discarded.
  • Mark of Stamina: Resolved an issue wherein Mark of Stamina Drain, Rank 1 and Rank 2 were draining significantly less stamina than expected.
  • Stronghold metal and stone vouchers will now all properly award guild marks when donated.
  • Strongholds Influence can be gained up to a maximum of 400 per day at any stronghold levels instead of only later ones. This cap currently still resets 20 hours after the first Influence is earned, we will be adjusting this to reset at 3am server time in a later update.

Performance and Stability
  • Resolved a case where the shaders would need to be reloaded when the first time a patch version was run on a client creating extended load times.
  • Resolved a crash that could occur when a video overlay was applied such as screen sharing, application UI overlays and other external causes.
  • Resolved a crash that could occur when attempting to send data to the server but was sent incorrectly due to threading issues.
  • Resolved a crash for a threading issue with the FX system that could cause game client crashes.

User Interface
  • Guild bank logs correctly label withdraw transactions as withdraw instead of deposits again.
  • Stronghold donation UI no longer has the UNTRANSLATED string when donating stacks of items.
  • VIP features are now usable after completion of the Sleeping Dragon Bridge tutorial instead of level 5.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    This is on Preview now, please let me know if you are still experiencing crash issues or find an issue with the above.

Regarding the guild bank logs and unscrupulous players stealing from the guild bank, we currently do not have any evidence of any exploit with permissions of guilds, but we will continue to monitor the issue.

Also of note before someone asks, GWF swords still clip into some characters, especially smaller ones.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    AWESOME WORK! This is very cool guys! BTW - I LOVE the new domination and contesting was changed.

I do ask 1 small favor. See this thread (http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1201305/pvp-new-node-capture-system-tweak-suggestions) as domination is CLOSE to perfect but falls JUST shy in a few things that I think could easily be improved with little effort! These are mere TWEAKS to the current system that would really make the game a huge win!

• Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User

panderus wrote: »

Also of note before someone asks, GWF swords still clip into some characters, especially smaller ones.

Haha. Well done Sir! Well done!

Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• Options
    Is the glory donation bug being fixed this week as well?
    THIS!

It appears that when you contribute glory it does so at 100:1 rate rather than 1:1 rate as its supposed to. I think this was a mess-up from calculating the actual contribution "points" you get from contributing glory (if that makes sense).
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Influence update is so effing...
    tumblr_m2en6cp2ST1qfox0ko1_500.gif
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    panderus wrote: »

@panderus I see what you did there...

"Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    there is a bug with getting reward from HE, when you press CTRL+F to open the box it will miss and which leads to miss the influence drop with it !!!

expl : 175 x influence , miss , 60 , miss , 5 !
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Yes, that bug is mentioned in the fixes for this week.
  • Options
    Patch Notes: NW.50.20150722a.11
    By Andy (StrumSlinger) Wed 12 Aug 2015 06:02:37 PM PDT

Please check out our thread of known issues on the forums including the graphics crash issue, which we are actively looking into.

Patch Notes
    Items and Economy

Stronghold Coffers:Changed the ratio of Glory donated to be 100:1, 100 glory for 1 guild mark.

THIS is the issue. This patch ALSO ended up changing the GLORY donation ratio to 100:1 as well. This makes sense for Guild marks, but DOESNT make sense for Glory. Was previously 1:1 which made total sense but this patch goofed it up!
  • Options
    I do not have the bug on any of my characters, so I really have no clue what it is. Well, with only me active in the guild map, not a big sample to begin with, at least in my guild.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I have so far gotten my 105 from doing my 3 HEs for the quest each day, so yes I am lucky so far. Now if they would fix the issue with the shards of power, that would help "small" guilds like mine better. 20 per day per character is just not reasonably fast enough. Well 10 for the heroic ones, on a good day.
  • Options
    silvereldunarisilvereldunari Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    does it stand correctly the 61-70 changes?, because if it does not please refrase as 61+
  • Options
    anim3kanim3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    Panderus dear, what about Glory issues? s possible fix it on this week?
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    I do not have the bug on any of my characters, so I really have no clue what it is. Well, with only me active in the guild map, not a big sample to begin with, at least in my guild.

You are lucky, I got 15 Influence from 5 encounters today on one of my toons. Should have been 120.

I've said this a few times in the other Forums - use the mouse to click the claim button, rather than using ctrl+f - we've been having our guild use the mouse instead, and have all been receiving the correct amount of influence.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I am relatively certain that you need other people around for this bug to occur, because they get all the credit for the HE and you get none.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    Glory coffer gain was changed from 1:1 to 100:1 along with the Mark gain.
    Should be 1:1 coffer gain and 100:1 mark gain.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    YEAAAA EVERYONE HAPPY!!!!!!!

Well, I don't know that everyone's _happy_, but certainly less despondent. It does make the situation seem more possible without each guild member forking over $35

• Options
    commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    "Strongholds Influence can be gained up to a maximum of 400 per day at any stronghold levels instead of only later ones. This cap currently still resets 20 hours after the first Influence is earned, we will be adjusting this to reset at 3am server time in a later update."

Oh man. Awesome! :)
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • Options
    eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    make sure you leave it to where you can donate even tho you got max amount of guild marks because its not letting me donate on test server because I have max amount of marks

That's probably worth a bug report. I don't know that the right people will read this thread
  • Options
    adriaen666adriaen666 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Finally, crash fixed!
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Yay! good changes for all woho!
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    "Stronghold encounters will no longer despawn while upgrading to level 2."

ah, that explain the calm today
This discussion has been closed.