test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Strongholds] FEEDBACK: Glory Needed for a RANK 1 PVP Tower is RIDICULOUS!!!!!

ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
We are just getting to rank 4 stronghold and are starting to look at the glory required for a rank 1 pvp tower (like Archer Tower) which requires 164,000 Glory contribution. This however is at a 100:1 ratio. Meaning when you donate 10,000 Glory it gives you "credit" for 100 points towards that glory contribtion.

What this means is you need 16,400,000 ACTUAL glory to build a LEVEL 1 FLIPPIN TOWER!

If you had a 100 man guild and EVERYONE donated the MAX (50,000) Glory.... It would equate to only 5,000,000.... Which means you need MORE than 100 people donating over 150k EACH (3x the max) to get a LEVEL 1!!!!!!!!!!

How is ANY guild supposed to do this prior to the pvp launch. I think there is a rounding issue there... Maybe glory was suppoed to be 10:1 not 100:1. This would be a MUCH more reasonable 1.64M which is pretty doable for a rank 1 (not 16 million glory).

FYI: A RANK 2 Tower takes 246k Glory Contribution. This represents an ACTUAL 24.6 MILLION glory required for a measly rank 2!!!!!!

I dont see ANY guild getting even rank 1 towers before PVP goes live, let alone ANY reasonable chance at rank 2.

Rank 3: 271k (27 MILLION GLORY!)
Rank 4: 355k (35 MILLION GLORY!)
Etc.....
Rank 10: 696k (nearly 70 MILLION glory).

Im not even sure the actual total but I can GUARANTEE you no guild will ever have a rank 10 in pvp.

Comments

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    Cumulative for all the ranks: 4,306k (430.6Million..... GLORY).

@ 50k max each player you will need to max out your glory 86 times on 100 characters to rank up 1 tower to max. I have PVPd ALOT and have been playing since BETA and have probably only maxed my glory out ~ 20 times in the past 2 years? Which is ALOT.......

So itll take me roughly 8 years of playing the game to see a maxed stronghold tower.....
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    They messed it up. When they divided the amount of marks you get for donating Glory by 100, they also divided the amount of credit.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • cyn15cyn15 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    TOTAL FOR A RANK 10 ARCHER TOWER = 4306k Glory Donation which equates to 430.6 Million Real Glory

Keep in mind you have a 50k Limit, that's 8612 x Max Glory Cap
    That's 57.4 x Max Cap per player in a 150 Man guild.
    That's equal to an unreachable 2,870,667 glory donation per player

So lets say a GG win takes 15 minutes, and for a win you get say 850 Glory. (combining coins and glory), I could be wrong as I generally just hammer next, but I digress.

At current rates of 100:1, on a 150 man guild, each person would need to win 3377.25 GG's to assist getting an archer tower to rank 10.

That's a whopping 844 hours and 15 minutes of GG per person (if each time was a win) on a maxed out 150 man guild to level a single tower to rank 10.

How many towers are there available and then work that out.... Then Vomit...

Disclaimer - Numbers are very close but likely slightly off.
    Post edited by cyn15 on
    Guild - Synergy, Australia
    SW - Lanfear, GWF - Krivnaar, OP - K'aathorn, DC - Allegria, CW - Mierin Eronaille
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Oh my gosh. First influence, and now glory. I appreciate you doing the maths. It does sound ridiculous.

Who calculated these targets? By the time that they are achieved, I think this Mod will border on being irrelevant. They must re-visit these targets and re-evaluate them, otherwise I fear people will be turned off from it, and become bored of this mod.

The removal of the Dragonflight, and lack of any additional content in the Stronghold Map, has made this whole Mod actually languish for me now. I don't know how it fits it anywhere and in my normal playstyle. Realising it will take months if not years to achieve anything makes me feel quite jaded about the whole thing.

Game developers, please don't ruin this Mod by making these astronomical targets stay. And please look at rebalancing things for small guilds e.g scaling (I believe a number of them have already been alienated by the targets). The number of posts on the forum surely must be a sign the playerbase are seeking some additional changes regarding this.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    lol I can't say I'm susprised. I have no idea what kind of tests they run. lv 1 of anytrhing should be attainable by any guilds who put some effort into it.
    what is wrong with the devs? is it just an honest mistake or they really think that's an acceptable amount? I doubt so.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    They messed it up. When they divided the amount of marks you get for donating Glory by 100, they also divided the amount of credit.

This is the case. No need to freak out. It is a bug.

I think the concern is that, much like the PVP matchmaking bug that is, as I understand it, still going on, it's one that should have been resolved within more or less hours of discovery, assuming it happened at all (I would think that one of the things you would triple check when releasing a new mod is to make sure that your ultra important currency/resource exchange rates have all their decimals in the right places). Whether this is through laziness, incompetency, or simply a case of there not being enough devs to address the bug (a possibility, given some of the rumors I'm hearing), it's something that needs to be addressed now, not three or four or however many weeks down the line.

Well are THEY even aware of it? Have they announced they intend to fix it?

The ENTIRE point of waiting on PVP was to allow us to build up our strongholds so we dont go into pvp with no towers... You cant farm enough glory for even a rank 1 tower LOL.... So its a moot point, they might as well as released pvp right away so we can actually pvp to get the glory that is needed.....

Either that or fix it.....
  • momnipotentmomnipotent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    Thanks for pointing this out. Let's hope they see their mistake and FIX it before Siege is released.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    ha.. see i never saw the amount needed, I had 50k glory and donated it, for what I thought was a ridiculous pitly amount of guild marks back.. but that explains it.

I havent even pvpd in a couple of days.. it takes my poor dc 25-30 mins to farm influence a day =P let alone my other toons.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    ayroux wrote: »

The ENTIRE point of waiting on PVP was to allow us to build up our strongholds so we dont go into pvp with no towers... You cant farm enough glory for even a rank 1 tower LOL.... So its a moot point, they might as well as released pvp right away so we can actually pvp to get the glory that is needed.....

Right now there is a massive amount of bugs that they are needing to work through. I would rather them being there working on them than telling us what they are working on, just saying. And I know they are working on several of them, but I don't have access to a full list.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    kreatyve wrote: »
    ayroux wrote: »

Right now there is a massive amount of bugs that they are needing to work through. I would rather them being there working on them than telling us what they are working on, just saying. And I know they are working on several of them, but I don't have access to a full list.

I agree 1000%. I only ask because I just found out about this. Ive been donating and just trusting it was WAI until I noticed the requirements for a rank 1 tower...

Hence why I ask. Im not sure they even know this is a bug. I didnt.....
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Patch Notes: NW.50.20150722a.11
    By Andy (StrumSlinger) Wed 12 Aug 2015 06:02:37 PM PDT

Please check out our thread of known issues on the forums including the graphics crash issue, which we are actively looking into.

Patch Notes
    Items and Economy

Stronghold Coffers:Changed the ratio of Glory donated to be 100:1, 100 glory for 1 guild mark.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The problem is that donating 100 glory is only giving the coffer 1 glory in addition to returning 1 guild mark.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • darthbbqdarthbbq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    No mention of a fix in this weeks patch notes...
    Guild Leader- Fair Dinkum 2.0

Its been confirmed they know this isnt WAI and are looking into fixing it

• myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Just talking about Strongholds in general as the pvp glory thing is obviously a bug from when they changed the ratio amount, Bear in mind that they are expecting Strongholds to be important for years to come in the game. This is an area that is meant to expand and grow over time, if you explore the entire map you will notice there are more areas we can't go to yet. This means that the area is going to be expanded and continued, newer armor sets could be added to the store etc continuing to make all that work mean something. It's not something that is meant to be maxed out and then forgotten by Mod 8 Underdark.

So yes it is going to take a long time to max the Stronghold, but that is intentional. Also we have no way of knowing yet how much glory we will receive once the Stronghold PvP is added, maybe it will be more than Gauntlgrym and make hitting that cap a lot easier, and not seem as bad. Until all the PvP features and events roll out Strongholds isn't complete, so we won't really know the numbers involved fully...
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
  • muuli01muuli01 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    myrkolith wrote: »
    Just talking about Strongholds in general as the pvp glory thing is obviously a bug from when they changed the ratio amount, Bear in mind that they are expecting Strongholds to be important for years to come in the game. This is an area that is meant to expand and grow over time, if you explore the entire map you will notice there are more areas we can't go to yet. This means that the area is going to be expanded and continued, newer armor sets could be added to the store etc continuing to make all that work mean something. It's not something that is meant to be maxed out and then forgotten by Mod 8 Underdark.

So yes it is going to take a long time to max the Stronghold, but that is intentional. Also we have no way of knowing yet how much glory we will receive once the Stronghold PvP is added, maybe it will be more than Gauntlgrym and make hitting that cap a lot easier, and not seem as bad. Until all the PvP features and events roll out Strongholds isn't complete, so we won't really know the numbers involved fully...

...but this current situation "never_ending_grind" not make players do grind, it makes many players stop all activity and look around something else... influence 4x gave some hope, but this glory -thing killed all again.

How many guild can join stronghold pvp when it is added and how many off them continue join it after got stomped few times... :D , maybe we see few pvp guilds grow and others just stay out.