test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Travel Signpost (Suggestion)

ghostragecghostragec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 85 Arc User
Make that VIP Travel Signpost be able to also travel anywhere on the map. (it aint called a Travel Signpost for nothing ye knows) ;)

Comments

• dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    Do you know how abusive can it be.For example summon a signpost and just travel between PVP nodes:) or maybe enemy teams base?
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    dsn1118 wrote: »
    Do you know how abusive can it be.For example summon a signpost and just travel between PVP nodes:) or maybe enemy teams base?

............................................________
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?......................................................,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:"........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_..........._,-%.......`
  • ghostragecghostragec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 85 Arc User

Make it able only for PVe maps "except dungeons and undiscovered areas"... Whats the problem then?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,373 Arc User
    What I want is a 2 way teleport so that I can teleport back to where I set up the original signpost.

i.e. my location to the normal map portal. From normal map portal, I can choose to teleport back the the original location.
    I can in and out of the dungeon ... but that can also be considered abusive.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited August 2015
    ghostragec wrote: »

Make it able only for PVe maps "except dungeons and undiscovered areas"... Whats the problem then?

The dragonflight will be an easy task if that is allowed. Red dragon needs a healer. Here I come. Blue dragon, I am down. Here I come.

Same for WoD dragon run.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    plasticbat wrote: »

The dragonflight will be an easy task if that is allowed. Red dragon needs a healer. Here I come. Blue dragon, I am down. Here I come.

Same for WoD dragon run.

that's the point.. it doesn't cost money for no reason, paying for things means to get service not half things

Same for WoD dragon run.

that's the point.. it doesn't cost money for no reason, paying for things means to get service not half things

Dragonflight is supposed to be a guild coordinate event. That needs at least 20+ people to kill 4 dragons at the same time.
    With this feature, you can do that with a dozen elite fighters.
  • azaris#6648 azaris Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Dragonflight is supposed to be a guild coordinate event. That needs at least 20+ people to kill 4 dragons at the same time.

No you couldn't. You only get one minute from the time you drop one dragon to kill another. No group is taking down a dragon in less than a minute no matter how "elite" they are.

edited August 2015
    azaris1 wrote: »

No you couldn't. You only get one minute from the time you drop one dragon to kill another. No group is taking down a dragon in less than a minute no matter how "elite" they are.

You damage the dragons to about 2% and leave. When all 4 are down to 2%, you split up 4 groups with 3 each to kill all 4. The one who killed the dragon earlier can jump to another to help.

That was how we had a group of 12 in late night to kill 2 dragons. Yes, that was a long ride after the first one down to 10% and we kept 5 behind doing next to nothing until the 2nd dragon is also 10%. Then, everybody jumped and also watched the meter to make sure both number were matching.
  • azaris#6648 azaris Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    azaris1 wrote: »

You damage the dragons to about 2% and leave. When all 4 are down to 2%, you split up 4 groups with 3 each to kill all 4. The one who killed the dragon earlier can jump to another to help.

LOL. Fantasy is fun.
    If there is a budget for a movie there is a budget to limit the travel anywhere to only out of combat.
    If there is a budget for a movie there is a budget to limit the travel anywhere to only out of combat.

The killer of the dragonflight is the riding time. It took a full 2 minutes to ride from North to South with purple mount. Out of combat area can be just 10 seconds or less away from the combat zone.

The killer of the dragonflight is the riding time. It took a full 2 minutes to ride from North to South with purple mount. Out of combat area can be just 10 seconds or less away from the combat zone.

Then what is the problem?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    It's a portable gate, not a jump code.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

As I said before, make dragonflight too easy.

How many in your guild is R4, how many is active each day on average, How many times have you completed Dragonflight. It's not as make it so Easy as you think it will
    edited August 2015

How many in your guild is R4, how many is active each day on average, How many times have you completed Dragonflight. It's not as make it so Easy as you think it will

What is R4? My char was wearing T1 and is not considered to be elite in any shape or form.
    Many.
    7 times in 7 attempts before they took it down. 1 dragon once, 2 dragons 6 times.

What is R4? My char was wearing T1 and is not considered to be elite in any shape or form.
    Many.
    7 times in 7 attempts before they took it down. 1 dragon once, 2 dragons 6 times.

You clearly havent seen VIP yet then
    edited August 2015

Many.

You clearly havent seen VIP yet then

I don't know what you mean by R4 but I have VIP 12. If you mean the HP thing, well, I did not even party in dragonflight. Hence, I did not check what others had.

EDIT: You mean the signpost ability. I did not pay attention to what the individual VIP rank does. I guess many of my guild members have it. It is a no brainer. If they don't have it now, they will have it eventually.

If you play this game, you should have it. If you don't play the game, you are not an active guild member regardless.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Barring any discussion of whether this would or would not break stuff, it's not the intended function of the service. The signpost allows you to bring up the world map from anywhere. The game feature for faster travel on the map you're on is still to mount up and ride there. While I assume there are dev commands for moving to specific map coordinates, we're not intended to have access to those.

Or, as I wrote before, it's a portable gate, not a jump code.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia