test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where is the spice of life ?

grroupergrrouper Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 578 Arc User
Variety is the spice of life but no longer in this game. First we get less dungeons, Then go from many armor and weapon sets back at level 60 to. 1 weapon set , and only a couple sets of armor to choose from. Now with the Rank 4 mounts they want us all to give up are old mounts (with soo many types) and all start to ride the few that there are.Devs need to figure out that everytime they have added to the game they have taken more from it. Right from the start they should have release a upgrade pack so we can keep are old mounts if we choose to.And look at ways to add new items while still making the old stuff usefull for builds.

Comments

• locksanpocketslocksanpockets Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Yes, where is the spice of life? No one seems to realize that we haven't even left Neverwinter yet. We've yet to go to any of the surrounding city/states on the world map.

It's a big world out there and I, for one, would like to see a bit more of it.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Well, Underdark sends us to Menzoberranzan
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    And the Well of Dragons is in the Calim desert. As is Icewind Dale a different region. But yes, most of the places are in and around Neverwinter. It would be cool to have an expansion set in either Port Llast or Luskan.
    Waterdeep.

I also kinda wanna go to Netheril.
    Well one quest goes into Netheril as does one take you to Thay. But yes, whole questlines into those areas would be cool. Waterdeep and Baldur's Gate are eventually musts, I think. Also I would love to see us help rebuild Myth Drannor, that could be a very cool set of expansions.
    One thing that's a bit complicated is, why time period does NWO take place in? I mean, Tyranny of Dragons happens... but that's supposed to be 5E FR, which is after the Spellplague has ended-and yet, the Chasm is still a thing.

I bring it up because the condition of Waterdeep, Myth Drannor, etc are all based on where in the timeline we are.
    I think, and that is only a supposition, is that different parts of the game take place in different times. Everything up to Elemental Evil takes place before the Sundering, and everything else we have gotten since and will be getting take place after it. Well Tyranny of Dragons took place during the Sundering. That is the only way to explain why the chasm is still how it is, and why plaguefire enchants were changed to just fire enchants.
  • harleysevensharleysevens Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Concerning the whole timeline thing, I think the game takes place over an extended period of time. Our characters should probably be aging but I dunno, game logic I guess. Also the spellplague itself has been over for 150 years at the start of the game, although the chasm is where it's still kind of active, chilling out.
    No no, see, the spellplague as in "when Mystra died" and the spellplague as in, plaguetouched creatures, are two different things.

5E (allegedly?) gets rid of the latter. It's just "oh hey, spellplague's over, Mystra's back, GG"
    Yet the reincarnated Cattie Brie is plaguetouched, so.... But the only problem is, when the sundering happened, wouldn't the chasm in Neverwinter behave the same way that the underchasm did and resurface? If one caused by the spellplague did, I would think that all others would too.
    Cattie Brie reincarnation? what's that from?

Sounds like RA Salvatore writing his own bad fanfiction to me. But he was super sad when they time advanced.
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Concerning the whole timeline thing, I think the game takes place over an extended period of time. Our characters should probably be aging but I dunno, game logic I guess. Also the spellplague itself has been over for 150 years at the start of the game, although the chasm is where it's still kind of active, chilling out.

On the topic of timelines one can kill Rath Modar in the Temple of Tiamat and then right after that do a quest for him in the Dread Ring. I think Elminster destroyed the fabric of time by constantly using time magic to banish Tiamat.

Yes, that was from the new Companions of the Hall stories that he is writing now. All the companions were reincarnated into new bodies. What is scary, she has much more magic now than she did before, as she has both the magic from her plaguetouch, her normal magic, and she also learned from the Netherese. Bruenor even raided his own grave in Gauntlgrym to get his axe and helmet back.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    On the mount upgrade - Yes, I agree. They allow us to upgrade all the mounts from white -> purple, but not to gold. My suggestion on an implementation that would save them from having to build individual powers for each and every mount:

Create, say, 5 legendary powers for mount. Place those as upgrade items in the Wonderous Bizzare (why AD store? Because with VIP, the value of Zen has skyrocketed, resulting in a massive backlog on the ZAX - this will provide an AD sink that would make AD much more valuable, reducing both the amount people are buying zen with and also encouraging people to sell their zen for AD to upgrade mounts, both good for the economy). Each item is a single character unlock that upgrades a single mount to legendary. Cost? say... not sure, say, 5m AD? Something like that. More than the cost of upgrading a companion though.

This way, people can pick the power they want and apply it to the mount they favor. You can still make the lockbox mounts with unique and different powers so they're set apart, but those of us who don't favor gambling (other than the once-a-day spin of the wheel from VIP) can also have access to these faster mounts.

On the topic of timelines one can kill Rath Modar in the Temple of Tiamat and then right after that do a quest for him in the Dread Ring. I think Elminster destroyed the fabric of time by constantly using time magic to banish Tiamat.

I had completely forgotten that you actually end up saving Severin back in Neverdeath's plotline.
    edited August 2015
    Yes, that was from the new Companions of the Hall stories that he is writing now. All the companions were reincarnated into new bodies. What is scary, she has much more magic now than she did before, as she has both the magic from her plaguetouch, her normal magic, and she also learned from the Netherese. Bruenor even raided his own grave in Gauntlgrym to get his axe and helmet back.

Ohasfrg.ah,njadhfjkdasdfhja lahj orty

I was supposed to be JOKING when I said that it read like bad fanfiction, but that's just ... murghlabfdskjhgasgkjr. WHAT?

THIS IS THE GUY WHO WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE EXCITED ABOUT WRITING FOR UNDERDARK, PEOPLE! I just ... and ... the ... za... phutbu... whaaa?

"Hey, all my guys are reincarnated yay~"

Just... ugh.
    Well at least he did use a goddess to do it, Mielikki. But yes it was a bit of a convoluted story, to say the least. Well lets see, the new Cattie Brie was born in the Anuroch Desert and trained with a Netherese witch, Bruenor was born in Citadel Adabar, Wulfgar was born in Icewind Dale as before, and Regis was born in one of the cities on the Sea near to Corymr, I forget its name at the moment. Regis is now almost too confident.
  • doctordnadoctordna Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Somewhere along the line the OP's original message was misplaced, "Less dungeons, less armor and weapons, LESS mounts, LESS LESS LESS" Developers are pushing out Orwellian mental babble "Less is More". This is not about what is currently in this game but what has been removed. Some of you believe because they give you 1 apple and take away 3 oranges you got a heck of a deal. Keep that up and you will be naked riding a squirrel waving a stick.

I was on "Throne of Idris" when it was removed. I stood by a campfire waiting and praying at Gods for 10 more level, now my character is too high of a level to actually make any dungeons they add back in a challenge. Oh, but they will add level 75 monsters in it making so I can get one-shotted. They could have turn off one dungeon at a time but they didn't. This is "Dungeonless & Dragons" welcome to the scaled down version.

Sloppy work all summer.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I had completely forgotten that you actually end up saving Severin back in Neverdeath's plotline.

No more the same guy than two people named Steven.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    Oh okay. Well that's just a nasty coincidence then. I had assumed that they were the same guy, because Neverdeath has the whole Cult of the Dragon plot in it too, so an ex-Doomguide makes sense.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited August 2015

Reminds me of those old favourite mix tapes one used to play over and over... :^D