test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strongholds Preview Patch Notes NW.50.20150722a.11

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Items and Economy
  • Crushing Wave lockbox is now available in the Wondrous Bazaar for 200 AD.
  • Dungeons and Skirmishes Chests will award the correct seals and equipment when opened.
  • Stronghold Coffers: Changed the ratio of Glory donated to be 100:1, 100 glory for 1 guild mark.

User Interface
  • Stronghold Coffers: Attempting to deposit an item that would give you more Guild Marks than you hold will now give a warning that donation will not increase your Guild Marks instead of just preventing you from donating to the coffer.
  • Known Issue: Attempting to donate an item to the coffer such as a Voucher or Gem there will be an untranslated string instead of a message stating how many Guild Marks or coffer supplies will be added. Gold, Glory and most other currencies or items that can only be donated in singletons do not have this issue. In addition, when donating the currency notification in the lower right will still display how many Guild Marks you received fore donating.

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    This is going to preview now and will be on the Live server tomorrow!

Strongholds for LIFE!
  • Options
    metalldjt wrote: »
    what about the mobs and small encounters that stopped spawning? what about increasing the Guild marks cap?
    its been 3 modules since u guys said that the overload enchatns will stack up to x99 .

We are currently investigating the encounters not spawning but were unable to get a fix in the small timeframe to have a build this go out this morning. I think we can likely have something for next week.

We are currently evaluating the Guild Mark cap and the inability to spend anything at low stronghold levels and without a Marketplace. We did add the ability to still donate to the coffer if your marks were full as very small guilds could be prevented from donating anymore.

Overload enchantments currently cannot stack due to a tech limitation on how the combat time remaining would work with stacking and it has not been a priority to allow them to stack compared to other issues.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    panderus wrote: »
    Overload enchantments currently cannot stack due to a tech limitation on how the combat time remaining would work with stacking and it has not been a priority to allow them to stack compared to other issues.

Then it should never have gone into the Elemental Evil patch notes that they would stack.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    I'll jump on board with the influence question. I've gotten 0 influence over the past 3 days, I've done more than 50 HE's altogether, and some people are getting exactly the capped amount. Is it bugged?
  • Options
    ezedozezedoz Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    just wondering when a stronghold is at max, later on, and everything is updated, how would get guild marks as there is no need to donate anymore?
  • Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    panderus wrote: »
    what about the mobs and small encounters that stopped spawning? what about increasing the Guild marks cap?
    its been 3 modules since u guys said that the overload enchatns will stack up to x99 .

We are currently investigating the encounters not spawning but were unable to get a fix in the small timeframe to have a build this go out this morning. I think we can likely have something for next week.

We are currently evaluating the Guild Mark cap and the inability to spend anything at low stronghold levels and without a Marketplace. We did add the ability to still donate to the coffer if your marks were full as very small guilds could be prevented from donating anymore.

good.
    can we get an insight over the [INFLUENCE] that we get from doing HE ?
    some of the us are gettin x100, others are gettin x50 , others x10 in a day, can you tell us how it works?
    Banner of the Fallen currency to buy the PVP gear will be aviable in September?
    players sometimes spawn in other guild strongholds, perhaps its an instance issue of some sort.

I think it is fair to say that the Influence requirements are a bit high as it is anyway. Maybe if there are 60 active players in your guild 30k or more influence is a reasonable value, but with 10-20 active players like most guilds probably have its a bit more of a problem.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I was shocked to see that the required amounts of items for Level 1 and 2 structures have been increased so dramatically from Preview; in some cases, ten times as much. I honestly don't find that acceptable at all. Yes, the larger guilds will get bahblahblah and the smaller guilds will blahblahblah.. I'm not going to debate that. However.. it would be conducive to more overall player satisfaction to at least be able to purchase Stronghold Equipment, which means a level 2 Marketplace, which means a Quarry, which means a Level 2 Guildhall... and with starting amounts that are much too astronomical for small to mid-sized Guilds to obtain.
    • For initial structures (up through level 2 or 3 at least):
      • The required amount of Surplus Equipment needs to be reduced and/or gear drops need to be un-nerfed.
      • The required amount of campaign currencies need to be reduced and/or Stolen Treasure drops need to be un-nerfed.
      • The required amount of Influence needs to be reduced. 32k influence for a Level 2 Guild Hall works out to be a month's worth of Heroics for guild my size. I already have two characters maxed on Guild Marks... it's getting rather painful to be donating stuff that has absolutely no return for my character.[/color]
    • The Influence drops need to reset at 3am PDT with everything else.
    • Vouchers from the Stronghold Starter Pack and Chest off Power bought via the Zen market need to be Bind to Account, not to Character. At least let us "spread the wealth" a bit.

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    rexfire91rexfire91 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    What instynctive said x100. Surplus Equipment requirements are especially daunting for my small sized guild. Green gear dropped from mobs only gives 5 pts apiece and doesn't stack in our inventory like other resources making accumulation of said resource very slow and arduous. Only epic equipment gives a reliable amount of resource pts but those aren't so easy to get like they were pre mod 6. I'd totally understand if this was the situation for building the upper tier stuff but we're trying to build a rank 1 farm, the very 1st structure required to build (after the lumberyard), and we're already looking at a month's worth of work (at least). At this rate I'm afraid my guild members will wear themselves out/lose interest before we actually achieve something worthwhile with our stronghold. Please reconsider the requirements for building/upgrading lower rank structures.

Thank you for your work Panderus.
  • Options
    sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    I have to echo what instynctive has summarized nicely. In particular but not exclusively a 3am reset.
    rexfire91 wrote: »
    ....At this rate I'm afraid my guild members will wear themselves out/lose interest before we actually achieve something worthwhile with our stronghold. Please reconsider the requirements for building/upgrading lower rank structures...

In a nutshell, this!
    Of course the stronghold needs to have longevity, but ppl are getting bored with no signs of achievement/progress they'll start migrating

aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    [*] Vouchers from the Stronghold Starter Pack and Chest off Power bought via the Zen market need to be Bind to Account, not to Character. At least let us "spread the wealth" a bit.

I would even ask for all vouchers to be BoA. We maxed everything and need just influence. Even with greater bags of holding and after 'cleaning out my inventory' I have a problem with the vouchers added to the unbound, BoA and BoC drops spamming my inventory.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
This discussion has been closed.