test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

VIP Epic Dungeon Chest Keys not discardable

two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
These keys really ought to be discardable, since they're bound to character. They're going to accumulate for any character who averages less than 3 dungeons a day.

Anyone know how high they stack?
Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.

Comments

• drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 305 Arc User
    I don't know how high they stack but am also afraid that I will eventually find out.
    I was going to start a thread asking for Cryptic to make them discardable myself until I saw this one.
    I can see wanting some ID scrolls every now and then on alts, but they will never run an epic dungeon for sure.
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Yup, I'm likely going to run into problems if they don't change the flagging because I'm using the scrolls but can't possibly use all the keys.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    A valid concern, indeed. Let me see if we can get some info on how high they stack and if they could make them discardable. :-)
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Submitted to the devs.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    They work on normals too, right? So wait for the DD event, spend 10 minutes in normal GWF - just pug it and run a couple newbies through it at light speed, collect 3K AD and call it a long way to discard an extra key. I try to do that once a day anyway - easy 6K AD (more now, thanks to VIP).
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    If I recall correctly, the dungeon chest keys aren't discard-able themselves. If you buy one for AD or pick one up from the vendor, I don't think you can discard those either.

The simple solution is, if you don't need them, don't claim them.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Submitted to the devs.

Oh thank you! :)

I want the VIP once the game works again, but I rarely run dungeons.
    (And nobody has inventory slots to waste like that!)

...Not claiming them is kinda throwing away something you paid for.
    I'd at least like to pile them up to 99 in case they put the dungeons
    back in the game.

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • poppakrodahpoppakrodah Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    If I recall correctly, the dungeon chest keys aren't discard-able themselves. If you buy one for AD or pick one up from the vendor, I don't think you can discard those either.

That isn't a solution, since you have to claim the keys to claim the ID scrolls.
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

That isn't a solution, since you have to claim the keys to claim the ID scrolls.

Exactly. The stuff comes in a pack, so if you want to use your scrolls, you're stuck with the keys bundled with them.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Anyone feeling super-ambitious could log in to preview and buy a pile of dungeon keys from the WB until it rolls over. It's the same item, except for the bind status.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    kvet wrote: »
    They work on normals too, right? So wait for the DD event, spend 10 minutes in normal GWF - just pug it and run a couple newbies through it at light speed, collect 3K AD and call it a long way to discard an extra key. I try to do that once a day anyway - easy 6K AD (more now, thanks to VIP).

Epic dungeon keys only work in epic dungeons, not normal ones. I tried this morning just to see if they did. Now, they could just make the epic keys work in any dungeon and that would be fine. At least let us be able to discard them anyway. I also want the ID Scrolls as well but don't need all the keys.

• erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    I would really like to see them make them a currency in the second inventory tab so they take up no space at all and can stack in the millions. Collecting these dungeon keys could be fun if they don't become a headache (I'd like to see how many I can get even if I'll never use them). It would motivate me to upgrade my VIP faster. I only purchased level 1 VIP and am very glad I did. My one and only character is not even able to claim his daily reward due to a bug, so VIP is little more than 1 enchanted key a day. If they fix my bug and make dungeon keys a currency I will buy at least another 6 months right away.
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    erethizon1 wrote: »
    I would really like to see them make them a currency in the second inventory tab so they take up no space at all and can stack in the millions.

This would work as well.