test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry down for an undetermined amount of time.

Comments

• Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Just an Idea, but should authors re-publish their own quests after updates? I don't include featured ones of course.

It would seem like a good way to keep the quests current and would save all this downtime malarkey (obviously there is more to it this time, but you know what I mean.)
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    antonkyle wrote: »
    Just an Idea, but should authors re-publish their own quests after updates? I don't include featured ones of course.

It would seem like a good way to keep the quests current and would save all this downtime malarkey (obviously there is more to it this time, but you know what I mean.)

Usually the Foundry button isn't even turned on until after they've pretty much re-published everything so authors usually don't need to re-publish anything that hasn't changed.

Many times though they break something and authors have to fix and then re-publish it, but unless it is broken, you never know -- republishing it might be what breaks it.​​
  • Options
    antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Yeah, that's what I mean, why do they do that? It just means all those bad quests that can't be finished or where the author has long since departed get re-published. Which, unless it's changed means that the 'best' list continues being the same 20 quests that were 'the good ones' when the game was first released (give or take).

If authors had to republish their own quests then you would remove many redundant quests. Also, it would encourage players to play the quests of the authors that are actually still playing the game.

Also it would get rid of many half done campaigns.
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    antonkyle said:

Yeah, that's what I mean, why do they do that? It just means all those bad quests that can't be finished or where the author has long since departed get re-published. Which, unless it's changed means that the 'best' list continues being the same 20 quests that were 'the good ones' when the game was first released (give or take).

If authors had to republish their own quests then you would remove many redundant quests. Also, it would encourage players to play the quests of the authors that are actually still playing the game.

Also it would get rid of many half done campaigns.

We are kind of faced with competing with quests that existed at a much healthier time for player population, and it's a proven fact that the majority players simply click the top listing or top few listings and play them. I think the order of tabs needs rearranging, that way brand new quests get the opportunity to gain more plays and move to the next tab. If the order were: NEW>FOR REVIEW>FEATURED>BEST, it would give newer, more recent quests the opportunity to be seen. I miss having Featured quests show up on the Welcome Screen...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    richarddalamirricharddalamir Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I'd like to see a "random Foundry quest" button. Unless, somehow I've missed one.
    I don't know what I'm doing.

A House Divided [NW-DPF5SD98R] (Take sides in the nefarious drow houses to stop a malevolent plot.) /Not the best lore accuracy./
    * Currently working on and off with a new campaign. *
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    I detailed a catalog redesign awhile back and got ignored. =X ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    lhellhel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I do hope that the Foundry will be alive again in the forseeable future. Else I would have to redesign several weeks of coursework for my students. Was planning to have them build new quests and campaigns as their coursework and main activity at school for the better part of 2 months. :(
  • Options
    tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    This would be a good time to introduce some scaling AD rewards for foundry, the longer the quest, the higher the chest delivers.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Should be back up!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User

Should be back up!

Indeed it is! Thanks for letting us know, Strum.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    Glancing through the maps and details, etc., is it wishful thinking on my part, or has there been new things added..?
    header.png
  • Options
    Also.. I am getting OMG bad lag during combat...
    header.png
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    Havent checked yet. Id love for them to add new stuff but at least its up again.
    Now lets hope the didnt add more bugs to it.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    double
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The exploitable part of foundry has been fixed - utility slots enchantments dont work in foundries anymore.

Edit: On some foundries they work. I just tested Tired of being a hero and they do work there. Thats interesting - perhaps they changed the farmable parts of foundries.
  • Options
    They should also have Foundry GMs who can flag foundry quests for review if they are nothing but farms.
    header.png
  • Options
    I don't think cryptic wants to hire GMs for that or for bots, or else this would be a completely different game by now.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Imagine, they had 5 weeks the foundry down, and in all this time they could not fix the portal bug... NOT A SINGLE BUG! NOT A SINGLE NEW ASSET!

But hey, to remove the AD from the leadership profession, hey man, two days! Record time!
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    I haven'0t even tried it yet. I guess I'm waiting to see if we're getting some way to earn AD with the foundry at least.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    Imagine, they had 5 weeks the foundry down, and in all this time they could not fix the portal bug... NOT A SINGLE BUG! NOT A SINGLE NEW ASSET!

You mean, gasp, they didn't ADD any bugs?!?
    That'd be unheard of!​​
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    eldarth said:

That'd be unheard of!​​

:D:D:D:D:D

Of course they add new bugs, some beer jars are now completely black, and if you put a NPC to read a book with the appropriate animation, the book is completely black too, and some other objects are totally black now, it seems that the objects are not affected by the surrounding light/lights.

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    yeah there are a few black rocks now in rock formations
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    reiwulf wrote: »
    yeah there are a few black rocks now in rock formations

Double check your shader settings also -- sometimes they "adjust" your settings for you.​​
  • Options
    waryurwaryur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User

eldarth said:

That'd be unheard of!​​
    :D:D:D:D:D

Of course they add new bugs, some beer jars are now completely black, and if you put a NPC to read a book with the appropriate animation, the book is completely black too, and some other objects are totally black now, it seems that the objects are not affected by the surrounding light/lights.

The beer jars and book blackings have actually been around for months. I remember testing it in my foundries when I heard about it. Not new. But what are the other objects that are totally black?

I'm just glad it's back up. Not suprised that nothing was fixed. Hopefully not more was broken. Let the testing and building commence!
    Hidden Valley Ranch - NW-DPNGENL6E D&D Adventures Part I
    House of 1000 Corpses - NW-DIEYVLCML D&D Adventures Part II
    Well of Dragons - NW-DTPJEKZCT Third Place Winner CotD Foundry Contest
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 1 - NW-DM8GHAME2 Monty Python!
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 2 - NW-DFADOS4EX Monty Python!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    hm, i've been told that dragons hoard no longer works in foundry.. perhaps thats why the downtime?

that's one step towards getting the foundry back on track. =D

in addition to those broken textures, i was in Tower of Celadine the other day, (2nd floor, blue floor+grey stairs) one of the tops of the grey rock staircases is neon pink.. def texture bug. =D

edit: altho i also added -d3d9 or something to my command line because I was sick of alt-tab crashing me. maybe thats why the pink texture.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    All I know is that the teleporter bug has made updating some of my quests completely futile. These quests are basically unplayable, as designed. So, how are we supposed to use teleporters now?
  • Options
    Lag. OMG lag.

So now I have a foundry quest up, that I wrote today, and have no idea if it actually works.

Lovely.
    header.png
  • Options

All I know is that the teleporter bug has made updating some of my quests completely futile. These quests are basically unplayable, as designed. So, how are we supposed to use teleporters now?

Teleporters doesn't work on the foundry, but they work fine on live server once you plublish the foundry.

To test in the foundry, you need to "Play from here" option, skipping the story objectives and moving every time "the player spawn" where the teleport sends you, yes, it's very irritating.

Lag. OMG lag.

So now I have a foundry quest up, that I wrote today, and have no idea if it actually works.

Lovely.

I usually have lots of lag when test my foundry and fight enemies, restart is the better option. Once published, the foundry works fine.

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options

I usually have lots of lag when test my foundry and fight enemies, restart is the better option. Once published, the foundry works fine.

It's just the inverse for me... no lag (or at least tolerable lag) during combat when I'm testing, but literally SPF (as opposed to FPS) during combat when it's live.

I know that it's not botters soaking up all the bandwidth, since my foundries aren't exploitable. Well, one could be considered a farm, but that wasn't the intention... I wanted something fun/funny that provided CC practice.

header.png
  • Options
    Tried to work on my drowned shore today, did another playtest passthrough, had a list of bugs to fix

Sound picker crashed out. =/ Booooooooooooo. =X

Won't be able to finish my shore to the best of my ability if I can't fix the sound fx. =(
    Thanks for all the fish.