test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry down for an undetermined amount of time.

zachariah92zachariah92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
Remember, it's a new module, so the Foundry should be out of commission for an undetermined amount of time.

It happens in every new module.
NW - DD69G42V2 - The Stolen Dragon Egg
NWS - DPVINV31F - La Corona de la Sombra
NW - DTKMPU3RQ - Contest: Portal - The Forgotten
NW-DRTBVIVMU - Drowned Shore: Disembark #DS#

Comments

• mindachemindache Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Could we at least be informed about its progress?
    <font color="FireBrick">All we ask for is satisfaction.</font>
  • myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    It all depends on how long it takes them to re-upload all the Foundry Quests. It usually takes a week after each new Module, however it was longer with Mod 6 because of all the bugs and issues etc.

So here's hoping that it will only be a week since I was nearly done the final map of Chapter 3 of my new campaign.

Basically the Foundry quests don't get patched and updated with the patcher, so they have to back them up, take them down and then re-upload them all to make sure they are the same version as the current Neverwinter...
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    Hmm.. I hope it goes up soon. I still have a bunch of details to fix on my finale. =X =X

NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • zachariah92zachariah92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    Now you must pray that all your quests will be not affected by the last patch.

• aepochaepoch Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    This explains it, thank you.
    Who knows maybe now that they are re-uploading everything they'll realize that teleporter bug is there and actually fix it after 5 months...
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    Hooray! More cleaning of exploit quests! More getting rid of those not actually using Foundry for anything other than "get a Book Imp" or some such.

I can wait before reposting mine.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • mrgiggles65mrgiggles65 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I don't think it's possible to get the book imp via authoring exploit quests, doesn't the book imp level require being featured?
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    myrkolith wrote: »
    Who knows maybe now that they are re-uploading everything they'll realize that teleporter bug is there and actually fix it after 5 months...

1288388_roflmao_gif3c27b0c44b9f840665edd9a2d24b57f3.gif
    Hey a man can dream Eldarth ;)
  • zachariah92zachariah92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    Mmm, I don't like it.

Foundry still down, and only around 200 featured quests published for several days.
    Hmmm.. =/ And the community competition close date is approaching rapidly. =/ I really hope it's up soon.

It's like a storefront with boarded up windows, you really hope they're doing renovations and building something that will be a nice addition to the neighbourhood. ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    Thanks for all the fish.
    Hmmm.. =/ And the community competition close date is approaching rapidly. =/ I really hope it's up soon.

I'll extend the close date to be at least a week after foundry comes back up if needed.​​
    It's like a storefront with boarded up windows, you really hope they're doing renovations and building something that will be a nice addition to the neighbourhood. ;D

The hammering of a Dwarf woke me thismorning.. ;D

I got a buncha stale Foundry quest achievements pop today.. So something is being worked on in the Foundry.. ;D
    (Play and review at least 1 quest for 14 days in a row? I think?)

Thanks for all the fish.
  • valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    No, I've got the same achievements a while ago.

I guess people are playing and reviewing our foundries, because nowadays I'm not reviewing any of them and I've got the achievement.

The tooltip of this achievement is wrong I think, is not that you need to play and review, is someone else who needs to play and review your published foundries.

And there are the same 155 foundries published, for several days, even after the last patch.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • richarddalamirricharddalamir Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'm just glad I managed to get one of my quests through before the foundry went down. Looks like it's getting some attention in the Featured category, so that's good. Let's hope it comes back up soon.
    I don't know what I'm doing.

A House Divided [NW-DPF5SD98R] (Take sides in the nefarious drow houses to stop a malevolent plot.) /Not the best lore accuracy./
    * Currently working on and off with a new campaign. *
    Well there are 2 sets of feats, Foundry building and Foundry playing, you need both sets of feats in order to keep ranking up. So some feats are related to people playing your foundry, but then the other category is related to you playing other people's stuff.

I got that feat popping up as well, perhaps they gave it to us as a bonus for it being down so long this time. I'm working on the do that 4-8 times in a row one, I forget which it is.
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Come on... how long has the foundry been down now? A week? Two?... longer? Can we have some word on how long the expected down time is going to be, please?
  • richarddalamirricharddalamir Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Okay, I know Cryptic must have a lot to do, but this is ridiculous.
    I don't know what I'm doing.

A House Divided [NW-DPF5SD98R] (Take sides in the nefarious drow houses to stop a malevolent plot.) /Not the best lore accuracy./
    * Currently working on and off with a new campaign. *
    It has taken longer with each new Module released, because we continue to create more Foundry quests, so the number they have to re-upload and such goes up also. It took about 2-3 weeks last Module for all the quests to return, so the fact that the Foundry itself hasn't come back and only some of the Featured quests have returned so far, means they are definately behind this time.
    edited August 2015
    It keeps stuck (for several days) at 155 published "Featured" foundries.

I'm a bit afraid of why they can't continue to upload the other "regular" foundries.

It's like the process that uploads the foundries finds an error just after the 155 published foundries and then stops.

Foundry Grand Master.
    I'm REALLY hoping it means work's being done. ;D
    Thanks for all the fish.
    I'm REALLY hoping it means work's being done. ;D

Not a snowballs chance in hell -- they've still got Rage of Demons module to get done.​​
  • elathaelatha Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Soooo, the foundry has been down since July 24th?
    It is now August 29th....
    Is there even a slight indication that it will be up sooner OR later?
    ~_~
    "aut viam inveniam aut faciam"
    edited August 2015
    elatha said:

~_~

As soon as the "regular non-featured" foundries begin to pop up in the catalog.

Foundry Grand Master.
  • elathaelatha Member Posts: 5 Arc User

elatha said:

~_~

As soon as the "regular non-featured" foundries begin to pop up in the catalog.
    So, no: no indication from the powers that be of an eta. Just keep an eye on the forums and game....
    (~_~) {{... sips his [__]D }}
    "aut viam inveniam aut faciam"
    Enraged PvP players ask for some dumb question: Devs give an answer.
    Enraged PvE players ask for some dumb question: Devs give an answer.
    Enraged Foundry authors ask for something politely: The answer is... silence.

Foundry Grand Master.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    I don't know if we're supposed to be used to being ignored by now. but I don't think we should just calmly wait for it to come back. if we don't explain our concerns it'll take longer for it to come back I think...
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • edgarjosephedgarjoseph Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The issue with the foundry is that it has not been monetized. There is no pay to win element to it. If they were to add options for the whales in foundry so that you could access better assets, sound bites, larger map files, etc. Then we would see more support... As it stands, it's simply a fun little side project. It doesn't generate revenue so it is not important... Good luck!
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    WOW. Edgarjoseph... you are exactly correct! DING! DING! ... not monetized.

Ok.. HEY CRYPTIC: Either monetize it.. and turn it back on... or give up on it and say so.
    I'm gonna go play RIFT... and wait for Sword Coast Legends....