test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

VIP Gains for Foundry Authors

silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
I am not a Foundry author, but I greatly appreciate their efforts. I believe authors should earn 100 VIP points to each of the following Foundry Authoring Achievements:
Foundry Master
Foundry Grand Master
Moonstar Agent
Moonstar

VIP Gains for Foundry Authors 41 votes

Yes, I would like to see this added
65% 27 votes
No, I would not like this
29% 12 votes
Other Feedback (post a comment)
4% 2 votes
Post edited by ambisinisterr on

Comments

• Options
    I think that the point-based nature of the VIP program provides an opportunity to provide other ways to earn points. Here's one suggestion.​​
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Adding points, but not qualifying as VIP time, would work alright, I suppose.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I think it's a good idea. Our authors work hard and I would like to see more rewards for them.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Title had to be changed. Petitions, ultimatums and such are against the rules. ;)

Feedback is welcome though. Let's stick to that. :)
  • Options
    Title had to be changed. Petitions, ultimatums and such are against the rules. ;)

Feedback is welcome though. Let's stick to that. :)

Thanks! I edited my other "feedback thread" title.​​
  • Options
    zachariah92zachariah92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    Hey Silvergyph, thanks for this "Feedback".

I hope this will not end in deaf ears!
    NW - DD69G42V2 - The Stolen Dragon Egg
    NWS - DPVINV31F - La Corona de la Sombra
    NW - DTKMPU3RQ - Contest: Portal - The Forgotten
    NW-DRTBVIVMU - Drowned Shore: Disembark #DS#
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    anything for foundry authors is a good idea to me.
    Although I don't know about VIP and its perks, what are points for?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    The points just increase the rewards you receive while you're a VIP.

Once you have 1200 points, you never need points ever again (just the active VIP subscription)
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    ah so, points on their own earn nothing, but when you use the VIP program you would start with more points. I get it now, thanks.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    myrkolithmyrkolith Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    --cough-- Fixing bugs thta have lasted for months also --cough--

I think this is a nice idea, I posted a couple ideas in the Foundry thread about possible rewards, you guys should check it out and let me know what you think.

The bug I was referring to was the fact that teleporters load a seperate temporary map, instead of moving you around your actual map in preview mode.
    Conduit of Time: 7 Chapter Campaign in progress (Currently Chapter 6 Released)
    Search @Longshire for 12 Foundry Quests, all are story driven adventures
    Story -- Medium/Heavy, Combat -- Light/Medium, Lore -- Medium/Heavy
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    No, this needs to be something that should exist completely outside of the game as it is now. VIP points should be only acquired through purchase with zen...

Maybe calling this VIP points is the wrong thing to call it??
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    While the VIP points is a good thing, it makes the situation we're currently facing with "Fast Community Review" Quests even worse. We'll see a flood of them just so people can get the free VIP points from authoring achievements. It's flattering of you to suggest this, but it also opens a can of worms alongside the one we're currently trying to combat.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I may be wrong, but to achieve Foundry Master you need at least to have two foundry quests being "Featured" (Featured I & II).

They usually use the 15 slots for the fast quests, so they will never get the Featured II achievement.

I'll add to the requisites to have at least 2 "eligible daily foundry" AND 2 quests "Featured". Just in case.
    Post edited by valcontar73 on

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    No. The main reason is that big guilds will abuse it and upvote each other with fake (alt) accounts for free points. If players belive that specific Foundry map is good they can reward the creator by themself. Any automatic rewards are bad and will only lead to abuse.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I'd rather see people get reward for actually producing good content then just earning achievements.

How about a system that lets people donate VIP points in addition to AD as tips for great foundries?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    I'd rather see people get reward for actually producing good content then just earning achievements.

How about a system that lets people donate VIP points in addition to AD as tips for great foundries?

Not a bad idea!

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    I think if implemented this would cause an influx of foundries from people that don't want to legit make them they just want the next rank on VIP. In other words the content would likely be subpar at best. For foundry authors....be happy that there is an option for you to be able to get astral diamonds as a contribution from players for your work cause they didn't have to add that in.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    For foundry authors....be happy that there is an option for you to be able to get astral diamonds as a contribution from players for your work cause they didn't have to add that in.

It amazes me how much hate we get as Foundry Authors... Maybe it's an example of what kind of people plays this game...

So you're happy to pay 10$/month for a bugged game that is falling apart, but punish with almost nothing for those who try to create amazing content even with broken tools... :o

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    Well, we're happy to spend 500,000 AD a month.

Of course, in practice, if everyone has that mindset, people will be unable to get VIP packs because there's not enough zen on the ZAX.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    For foundry authors....be happy that there is an option for you to be able to get astral diamonds as a contribution from players for your work cause they didn't have to add that in.

It amazes me how much hate we get as Foundry Authors... Maybe it's an example of what kind of people plays this game...

So you're happy to pay 10$/month for a bugged game that is falling apart, but punish with almost nothing for those who try to create amazing content even with broken tools... :o

Don't get me wrong...I appreciate your volunteer work on the foundry, but again....It's your choice just like it's my choice to create foundry missions. Amazing content is created for you by Cryptic and you my friend do not work for Cryptic (not to be interpreted as a jab to your foundry content in particular just stating the obvious).

Thinking there should be further rewards beyond player based astral diamond contributions for volunteer work is greed at it's best. If you want to more rewards for developing content then by all means navigate here:

jobsearch.monster.com/search/content-editor_5?

or

jobsearch.monster.com/search/Content-Producer_5?

Keep in mind though, even with all the recent fussing there hasn't been any posts I've seen about the content itself being subpar just the execution of details surrounding the content. So to believe you have to come thru and make better content is just wrong.

Again...giving more rewards as outlined in this thread for foundry content would just open the door for subpar foundry content. Some people in the world like designing content and if your not one of them then don't bother. And if your like me and occasionally do enjoy playing foundry content as a change of pace from the norm then you don't want subpar.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Soon enough, if they don't take care of authors, and the Foundry itself, (giving us some carrot to follow), you will only find "Fast Review Foundry" in the Best tab, and plenty of subpar foundry content.

And I agree that the artists of Neverwinter are very good, the thing is, how to use their material, "Kill 40 Kenkus x 16 times" is NOT "amazing content".
    Post edited by valcontar73 on

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    Not no, but hell no with sour milk and a rotting black cherry on top.

The problem is that these titles are way too heavily influenced outside the Foundry Author's control. It a ridiculously ridiculous idea.

Yes.
    Really.

Foundry Authors need better rewards than trinkets from the Zen Market. Look at any one of the lists maintained by @eldarth to know what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    <snipped>

The problem is that these titles are way too heavily influenced outside the Foundry Author's control. It a ridiculously ridiculous idea.

Yes.
    Really.

Foundry Authors need better rewards than trinkets from the Zen Market. Look at any one of the lists maintained by @eldarth to know what I'm talking about.

So am I to understand you want to make your own content, grade that content yourself, and then receive a huge reward based on the grade you gave yourself????

O..OO...OOOO....OOOOOOO.......OOOOOOOOOO.......OK!
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    <snipped>

Yes.
    Really.

So am I to understand you want to make your own content, grade that content yourself, and then receive a huge reward based on the grade you gave yourself????

O..OO...OOOO....OOOOOOO.......OOOOOOOOOO.......OK!

/me rolls eyes.

No. How about you grow-up and not rant like a little child, try harder not to look stupid because I genuinely believe you're not that. Be the smart person I have faith you are, okay?

John Doe creates his farmer quest, runs to his elitez guild and has them all jump in and rate and so on and so forth. He wins "accolades" and "achievements". Now get for free what everyone else must pay for.

And this is my point: VIP anything is a 100% Zen Market product and it needs to stay that way. Hence: I reiterate what I said the first time:

Not no, but hell no with sour milk and a rotting black cherry on top.

The good news is that such an idea is a complete and total pipe-dream. it will never happen.
  • Options
    I'm not up on the achievements, but I did think that the ones proposed to award ranks were high enough as to not really be possible to cheat your way around, because of the Featuring requirement. Ain't no farm quest never gonna get Featured.

Am I wrong?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    You can earn ad with your foundry. you can then buy zen with your ad. you can then buy vip time with your zen. You already have a means to get vip time with the foundry. nothing more is needed.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    I don't think foundry authors want or need better rewards.
    We want and need better tools and more of the already existing assets.
    ...and fixed foundry rewards for the foundry players by completely preventing foundry exploitation.

If they did those things they could completely discontinue ALL authorship rewards as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    Removing all rewards from Foundry authorship would definitely separate the wheat from the chaff....

Neverwinter Census 2017