test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We can expect a buff to Life Steal and Regeneration in Mod 7?

arcofortep12arcofortep12 Member Posts: 2,265 Arc User
We need some buff with Life Steal, some builds could work better.
Sunrise_Knights.jpg

- All I say it's just my opinion. Peace. -
- Sunrise Knights are always recruiting active good-hearted players ;) 'Let the Sun shine!' -

Answers

• MisfitsMisfits Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    iirc, the last time they nerfed LS, it became better. It just feels worse because the stat curve changed with the "nerf".
    New LS is a LOT better than old LS imho.
    Let justice be done, though the heavens fall.
  • silvereldunarisilvereldunari Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Misfits wrote: »
    iirc, the last time they nerfed LS, it became better. It just feels worse because the stat curve changed with the "nerf".
    New LS is a LOT better than old LS imho.

I know it's your oppinion and all but new LS is just straigh up bad, we can't relly on it not even a little bit, RNG is just too cruel, too often on the start of a fight a get a 60k LS proc not needing it (once a got a 140k proc, I got 70k hp)
    and them in the middle of the fight when I need the most, the procs I get are from 100~1000, it seems to always proc on week attacks or DoTs, it's just unfair and plain simple irritating.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    Sitting on 20% lifesteal and it feels way better than old lifesteal.

LOL not every class or toon has 20% and the old system was fair, the current isn't. RNG based life steal can't be counted as fair. Simple as that.

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    I've got like, three life steal artifacts, and plan on getting them to mythic with next 2x RP. But I'm currently at around 8% life steal, so I doubt I'll be getting up to 15%.

Life steal is one of those things where it's either amazing or unreliable and therefore worthless. You need a LOT of investment in it to make it pay off, but if you can get that investment, holy cow on a Popsicle stick!
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    I'd love to know how you got 20% lifesteal.

They could leave lifesteal alone, as long as they put more of it on gear.
    I'm a CW, running the Valindra complete set, so I've got Life Steal from the artifact. Other than that, well, I have bits of LS here and there, but I'd have to cycle through a lot of radiants and the like in order to really make my enchants pump life steal up to a decent level.
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    Sitting on 20% lifesteal and it feels way better than old lifesteal.

LOL not every class or toon has 20% and the old system was fair, the current isn't. RNG based life steal can't be counted as fair. Simple as that.

you think that focusing on other stats and expecting to have the same LS chance as people who focus their stats/build on LS is fair?
    edited August 2015
    The problem with LS is that, a little bit is pretty worthless, but a lot is solid. So unless you can get a lot, then you've basically just wasted all those build points.

Truth be told, I'd just as well remove Life Steal as a mechanic altogether.
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Lifesteal is fine. If you focus on it, it is really easy to get where it procs quite often (20% or so). If you dont focus on it, then you will not get much out of it. That is the same as any other stat. You cant have like 1200 lifesteal and expect it to work that great. If you had 1200 crit should you also expect to crit almost every attack? Prioritize stats. If you want lifesteal, get lifesteal. It is not a hard stat to get, and is much much more powerful than people give it credit for. They only think it is weak because they have abysmally low amounts of it.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I'm glad this is answered. Or at least it claims to be so....
    Huh. I guess I DO only have about 1600 life steal. Could have sworn it was more. But I'm not including my Ioun Stone values in that.
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Is Life Steal unreliable?

Yes it is.

As is Critical Hit and Deflect. As all three are meant to be.

What do you do, if your build does not profit from 7-10% Critical Chance or Deflect? I recommend, you do the same if that is true for Life Steal...

Last time I complained, that I can not build a high end damage build with my GF that can compete with a SW or that I can not build a Tank with my CW that can take as much damage as a Paladin, people began to laugh....

In the old system, by the way, a CW could heal faster and better with life steal, than a class with less damage. Not very fair.
    edited August 2015
    The difference is, when critical strike procs, you're actively trying to kill something.

When Life Steal procs, the chances of you being at full life are pretty high.

Compare the amount of time you spend at full health to the amount of time you lose excess damage when you crit but didn't need to.

Also, unless they vastly changed how deflect works, deflect has always been mathematically a bad choice. Though I guess with all the one shot kills, it's a lot better now, since who cares if the net damage taken over time is less with defense, the "relevant point" is whether or not you go to 0 or less at any given time.
    The difference is, when critical strike procs, you're actively trying to kill something.

When Life Steal procs, the chances of you being at full life are pretty high.

Compare the amount of time you spend at full health to the amount of time you lose excess damage when you crit but didn't need to.

Also, unless they vastly changed how deflect works, deflect has always been mathematically a bad choice. Though I guess with all the one shot kills, it's a lot better now, since who cares if the net damage taken over time is less with defense, the "relevant point" is whether or not you go to 0 or less at any given time.

Nope, the chance is always the same, you just notice it more when you're dying.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Nobody is talking about regeneration, which I used to depend on. I guess it's been written off.
    The usefulness of gaining hit points is 0 when you're at full HP. More practically, only your last HP really matters, but healing up between encounters does go faster if you're not at 1 HP, so we'll ignore this particular matter.

The usefulness of increased damage is 0 when you're already dealing enough damage with the triggering blow to kill the enemy.

Comparing the frequencies of these two events is meaningful in terms of discussing the actual usefulness of a feature.

More specifically, the frequency and magnitude of life steal is a question of "out of all possible circumstances, which one turns dying situations into not dying situations." Compare this to Critical Strike which is "out of all possible circumstances, does this A.) let you not die in a situation you'd otherwise die in (because you're killing things faster so they deal less damage to you, aka best defense is a good offense) and B.) make you kill things faster, allowing you to kill more things in a shorter period of time."

Just saying "the chance is always the same, you just notice it more when you're dying" is ignoring this fundamental dynamic.
  • nanners#9564 nanners Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    The old LS machanism was better imo cos you can always rely on it if you built correctly for it, now its pure rng based very unstable - sometime you proc huge amount when u dont need it and when u do it doest proc at all. Its very frustrating.

No regen in combat on the other hand pretty much destoryed some builds and playstyle. Please consider restoring regen back, atm its a useless stats - how do u make use of it? Dont engage in a fight?
    edited August 2015
    They WANTED to get rid of those playstyles. They were antithetical to the necessity of having a healer in the party. I totally understand their reasoning but, if Regen and Life Steal are going to be of less value because they're incompatible with the desired playstyle, they really should have just removed them entirely, and made gear that possessed those stats have other stats.

That being said, I do like the two stats, as they make the game more solo friendly, but that's apparently not what the dev team was going for when they made the change.
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    If you are going to buff lifesteal and turn glass cannons into dps monster immortal tanks, then they need to buff ALL classes to become dps monster immortal tanks as well. Have clerics that over heal turn the surplus healing into damage for example. People here complain about play styles being destroyed, they seem to have forgotten that the only play style with uber life steal was dps - no crowd control, healing, threat play styles were useful. The usual lfg requirement was 5 cw.
    Yeah, don't get me wrong, like I said: while I liked the comfort of life steal, I totally agree that it was borked from a gameplay design standpoint.
  • nanners#9564 nanners Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'm not complaining about playstyle been destoryed because uber dps monster lifesteal, i was talking about how no regen made some builds and playstyle completely none self-efficient.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    aulduron wrote: »
    I'd love to know how you got 20% lifesteal.

They could leave lifesteal alone, as long as they put more of it on gear.

Im am a cw with all LS blues and 3 rank 12 darks. 80K HP and 20% LS. Absolutely love it. As I go for stongholds gear I will depend on HP from gear and move defensive radiants to LS.
    Guess I'd better get to work upgrading my enchantments. Highest rank I have is still r10
  • gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    LS is great for solo PVE on a dps DC. If a mob would otherwise kick my butt I can just DoT it up and let it chase me around a tree or rock reapplying DoTs from time to time until it dies without my character taking any damage at all. Applying LS DoTs to every mob in a group is like having a whole group of healers. It's many times the benefit. If you're unimaginative and are just going to stand there getting pounded in the face trading blows with one mob then it might not do so much good. Of course some classes are designed to stand there and get pounded in the face so that's a different situation.
  • kikujiro24kikujiro24 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Can someone explain me exactly how to get easy 20%+ LS without T.Lifedrinker and being BIS. (Don't include anything from next mod please.)

I claim it is impossible.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    kikujiro24 wrote: »
    Can someone explain me exactly how to get easy 20%+ LS without T.Lifedrinker and being BIS. (Don't include anything from next mod please.)

20% is expensive to get but you can get a good chunk of the way there by respeccing your boons and equipping Dark Enchants, and using an augment with LS boosts too. You start to notice LS once you get over 10%, especially if you have DoT or area effect attacks.
    R8s and R9s are buyable. I've got a few to R10 now. It's still a bit random but almost as good as it used to be for my main, although he has spent a few millions getting there.

It's impossible without Feats. They clearly talk about p2w players, but the topic verted on how Life Steal is completely useless for normal players. Even a TR with LS feated can't benefit from it until it has at least 2k from stats. LS became a skill useful only for p2w players, not good for a free to play game.

That's what I thought but some people mentioned it like it's very easy to achieve. Apart from that, I think regen is really useful in PVP-between fights.
    morenthar wrote: »

It's impossible without Feats. They clearly talk about p2w players, but the topic verted on how Life Steal is completely useless for normal players. Even a TR with LS feated can't benefit from it until it has at least 2k from stats. LS became a skill useful only for p2w players, not good for a free to play game.

What the heck are you talking about? p2w? It's all relative. As you are leveling up you don't need that much Lifesteal.

Progress until level 70 then you start doing your boons. Do you have to pay to catch up? You sure do. Some of us have been playing for over 2 years with a main character. I'm pay here and there over time, not pay to win. If I was p2w I wouldn't be just under 2800IL. I'll take a huge jump come next 2x RP but still, BiS is around 4200IL.

Again, Lifesteal in PvE for a DPS class/build is totally achievable and you don't have to be p2w. For PvP, it's a totally different story because you need such a large amount of stats dedicated to it. It's affected by healing depression. This is not a p2w issue. You simply have to get your overall gear up so that dedicating so much to LS doesn't hurt you.

I think he is talking about LS in PVP and I claim it again, you can't get 20%+ LS without BiS. I won't make comment about p2w because I hate that term and I don't believe you need to pay to win in this game.
  • sharonious_rebelsharonious_rebel Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Because I'm bored, here's the LS we can get just from boons:
    Sharandar 2nd tier: 400
    DR 5th tier: 4000 (when rampaging madness procs)
    ToD 4th tier: 400
    ToD 5th tier 3/3: 5%
    PvP 3rd tier: 400 per nearby player, max 5

It's 400 = 1% (right?), so that's a flat 7%, with increased 10% when madness procs and 1-5% more in pvp depending on how many enemies are nearby.

So for 20% you need find a maximum of 13% more from feats and stats. If that's stats alone, you're looking at a 5.2k deficit. At the very least, this will require proper feat building. I can't find a good m6 feat list (the nw-calc is pre-m5), so I can't comment on max lifesteal for various classes just from picking LS feats.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    LS was the Lifeblood of my TR in PvE.. I could take a hugh hit and know I would get health back by staying in the fight and dealing damage, now, my lifeblood is RUNNING AWAY. Real fun Oh Boy.