test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

are you happy with neverwinter

soditalloversoditallover Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
edited July 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
How do you feel about the current and future of NeverWinter online.
Please think before you select let’s give them some feedback on how we really feel

are you happy with neverwinter 370 votes

Happy
10%
valwrynspideymtroller300kreatyvemynaamgt31077kolatmastersilvergryphtamsirlidianshadows1313mute209hastati96solbergxummimbatmanrickcase276dfncelandoras1975obsidiancran3feralplatypusmavfin 39 votes
Unhappy
52%
cococyakirimuffinhmdq#4491lyaisebaocatogariouswimpazoidsilvereldunarixenio85balorinsamothrace22pufy2010tk79doraithquistranaxiuhdragonnathanmehew2435nps4soltaswordtinead51 194 votes
Uncertain for the future
34%
angryspritextrail932sabre10karakla1purrsockmunkeyfabio4567geoffreysnomorecerxuhnvader6139vsemegin123versynuntamedengineer#6733kvetsasagerucoliersilence1xabsoultertaeldorn 129 votes
Prefer not to say
2%
drkbodhiquspivtaitinhakkaajaadralin23367morghulis21allself44rustlordwedstone 8 votes
«134567

Comments

  • sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Uncertain for the future
    I selected uncertain - mainly because as things currently stand, if something doesent change, I can't see the future looking too great, specifically if future mods follow the path of mod 6.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric
     
  • therealairheadtherealairhead Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    Unhappy
    Unhappy: They are F2P, they show me something to buy, I buy it, then they take it away. Very pissed/unhappy.
  • undulationsundulations Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Unhappy
    If you prefer not to say... why vote?
  • gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Totally unhappy. I am having a blast playing other games ATM and will likely stay that way. I find I spend 99% of my NWO time in these forums trying to make sense of what this game has/is become rather than actually playing the game. As for spending money.... not going to happen here ever again. I don't like having things I pay for taken away by the one who sold it to me. I have no respect for con artists and really, that is what I see going on here.
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    Unhappy
    Well, knowing that they are planning to introduce stronger weapons(artifact) in mod 8 than what is coming out in mod 7, I'm certainly not happy and I'll most likely stop. I'm a person who prefers heavy grind and a small but steady progression, but you can't even do that here because the game is really, REALLY tedious and there is no real income. With new gear being released every 3 months, that renders all previous gear obsolete, I'm not going to stick around, I'm sorry. I've been enjoying this game a lot, but with where this game is heading, I can't spend my time here because for every step I take forward, Cryptic pushes me back two.
  • soditalloversoditallover Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Unhappy
    If you prefer not to say... why vote?

    I get your point but some people want to say they have voted/seen it and don’t feel they can or want to give the answer I’ve put.

    It’s just an option if it looks like a lot of people are voting rather not say then the answers are way off and need to be re-worded.

    In elections in Briton I want to vote but after looking into the candidates and the party politics I often find myself wanting a no-confidence option to say give me someone or a party I can trust

    NB maybe should have been none of the above
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    Uncertain for the future
    Uncertain...

    strongholds should strengthen the actual playerbase, maybe re-socialize lonely members of deserted guilds - like me :'( - but the necessary is bring back the old players that leave the game between m3-m6.

    about m6, they finaly made some necessary changes - in general through traumatic but reversible reworks - the problem is the lack of content or something NEW and EPIC to justify that changes.
  • subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Unhappy
    Up to level 60 the game's fantastic, aside from lacking in dungeons. After that it's a disaster. It's by far the worst end game I've experienced of any MMO, which is such a let down as it could have been amazing.
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Unhappy
    I've joked about this before, but my Neverwinter headcanon is levels 1-60.

    If you ignore the fact that the game is an MMO, it makes for a decent single player experience.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,009 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Unhappy
    There is more then enough feedback all over these forums.
    Only question is, what the Devs/Managment is going to do with it?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • soditalloversoditallover Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    Unhappy
    i see lots of threads on how they should do X in game but i want to know how players feel its good to have an idea but i wanted the devs to see how its affected the way we feel about the game

    it has made me sad to see so many of my friends in real life and some i met in the game just give up.

    some like me have spent a lot on the game i have all the item packs(well i think i am missing one the hr pack) some thing like £500+ and lots of zen over the years and i can say i have not minded that its cheap given the almost two years ive been playing however i dont have any will to pay any more.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,542 Community Moderator
    Happy
    I voted for happy. While there are some issues that clearly need to be addressed, to me, the game is still fun every time I log on. The game is supposed to be fun, and if you don't take everything so seriously all the time, it still can be. So you are upset with one or 2 things? Do something different in the game. You don't like a certain zone while leveling up? Level using Foundry quests or PvP or running some of the leveling dungeons. Bored with doing the same thing over and over? Do something else. It's only repetitive if you make it that way.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Happy
    I am relatively happy with the game. Yes, I think some of the developers do not really understand that people play this game for different reasons and different ways, but they seem to only want us to play it "their" way. But for the most part the game is good.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    Unhappy
    kreatyve wrote: »
    I voted for happy.

    I think you mostly voted happy because you have to.

    I voted unhappy, because I am.

  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,542 Community Moderator
    Happy
    henry404 wrote: »
    kreatyve wrote: »
    I voted for happy.

    I think you mostly voted happy because you have to.

    I voted unhappy, because I am.

    Why would I have to vote for happy? My opinions are my own. If I were unhappy, I would say so. :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
  • mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    Unhappy
    If you prefer not to say... why vote?
    Because reasons.

  • soditalloversoditallover Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    Unhappy
    valwryn wrote: »
    I find this game has many other forms of entertainment other than just playing. :p

    how now? what do you do other then play? you lost me on that one.

  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    Unhappy
    kreatyve wrote: »
    henry404 wrote: »
    kreatyve wrote: »
    I voted for happy.

    I think you mostly voted happy because you have to.

    I voted unhappy, because I am.

    Why would I have to vote for happy? My opinions are my own. If I were unhappy, I would say so. :D

    ...if you were happy you wouldn'd go for that Mod job...

    I'm definitely unhappy with this game having become Evergrinder. And even though plyers are leaving and/or staying off / spending less time online, it only ever gets worse nd worse, and every few weeks another thing that's been working perfectly fine gets grindified, erm, an overwork, while bugs are left unfixed for years. Meh.
  • soditalloversoditallover Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    Unhappy
    just had a look at my steam account and they hold some info on what players are doing.

    And since December 2013 they held a peak of 14822 players online from the stream service however it currently stands at peak of 4186 over the last 30 days.

    thats over 10,000 players that have stopped loggin in now this might be a fauls number some might now be using arc but i have seen a decrease in players on the server its would be nice if we has some feed back like that from neverwinter lots of other games do show you info. just saying
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,542 Community Moderator
    Happy
    metalldjt wrote: »
    kreatyve wrote: »
    I voted for happy. While there are some issues that clearly need to be addressed, to me, the game is still fun every time I log on. The game is supposed to be fun, and if you don't take everything so seriously all the time, it still can be. So you are upset with one or 2 things? Do something different in the game. You don't like a certain zone while leveling up? Level using Foundry quests or PvP or running some of the leveling dungeons. Bored with doing the same thing over and over? Do something else. It's only repetitive if you make it that way.

    i would be really happy if i get to play with ya..

    Send me a mail in game. :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    Unhappy
    no, I'm not
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • geoffreysgeoffreys Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Uncertain for the future
    kreatyve wrote: »
    I voted for happy. While there are some issues that clearly need to be addressed, to me, the game is still fun every time I log on. The game is supposed to be fun, and if you don't take everything so seriously all the time, it still can be. So you are upset with one or 2 things? Do something different in the game. You don't like a certain zone while leveling up? Level using Foundry quests or PvP or running some of the leveling dungeons. Bored with doing the same thing over and over? Do something else. It's only repetitive if you make it that way.

    I can appreciate your view. I voted uncertain, myself. But I also believe that when you focus on the 'good', the 'good' is what you recieve. So, I appreciate your optomisim and positive outlook.

    For me, its a matter of making sure that the development team clearly understands that the current direction of a lot of things is damaging their long term relationships with the player base. Clearly I like the game. And that includes pretty much the majority of the folks on this poll. If they didn't really like the game, they wouldn't be here speaking their mind. Sure, there's a troll or two, but most folks who even bother to go the forms, are passionate about the game on some level.

    For me, its the bussiness model. The impression I get, compared to the other cash shops in other games, is Cryptic/PWE is deliberately building in scaricity, so that they can sell me back the solution. Its highly disingenious.

    Their model demonstartes to me, that they don't care about a long term relationship with me. They are betting on my short term money, and that I will eventually go somewhere else. They see themseleves, and my patronage, as disposable. Its like they don't get, that not adding value, and courting the customer, ultimately will lead to their loss of revenue.

    Its pure speculation on my part, but I blame it on PWE. They bring a monetization model that works in the east, and they think they can import that model here, lock, stock, and barrel. They highlight their success with their other Asian offerings in the west as their justification.

    They fail to relaize a number of things. We don't see this game as an eastern market game, so we don't view it with the same (cheap, and disposable) expectations that we attach to imports. In fact, most import games are seen as 'one night stands'. Quickly discarded before any real time, or money, is spent.

    I can only speak for myself, but I bet a number of other folks feel as I do. I am a retired adult, who has spent his life in a capatilist consumer culture, like most other folks have (not that everybody is a retired adult).

    When you deliberately try to trick me through deceptive practices like building in obsolecense, so you can sell me the solution, you very much offend me.

    Its like they've learned nothing from the American Auto Industry. Those of us who are old enough to remember, remember the American Automobile Industry being caught practicing Planned Obsolesence. Their revenue plummeted, and they never, ever, fully recovered from that reputation.

    Cryptic, the US Government isn't going to bail you out when you fail.

    What works in this commercial environment is quality, and long term patronage. Americans will give you money, based on loyalty alone, if they think you're trying to do right by them.

    Elder Scrolls Online, The Secret World, Lords of the Rings Online, Guild Wars2, Star Wars the Old Republic all have much better, and much more up-front cash shops. And they all, also have a premium service. With a model like that, I can see the revune stream up front. I don't feel like their are hiddeen costs, and that they are trying to rip me off.

    I really like this game, and I grew up loving the franchise. But right now, I play this game, in spite of its bussiness practices. I am quickly loosing my loyalty to Cryptic, and I have absolutely nothing good to say about PWE.

    Its time you change your tune and act like you belong in the Western markets by selling a quality, value added product, and courting reltionships with the customer.
  • scortylscortyl Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Unhappy
    i ve voted unhappy because the exp from 60-70 is a disaster and elemtanl zones are way too hard , you need barely a group to achieve most of the content
    and unhappy because all peoples are unhappy and are quiting this game ,
    the game was fantastic when the cap was level 60
This discussion has been closed.