test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Did I just Miss the Bandwago or Something? (Soloists)

dariandelforddariandelford Member Posts: 45 Arc User
So yesterday morning I could run Ghost Stories solo. I log in today to find that I now am required to be in a group to run this instance. I am a solo'er I do just about everything solo, I just enjoy the fun of it. Boss fights are useless to me since I am a CW and they are immune to my CC. I do the epic dungeons only when I really really need to.

So what is the point of pushing everything to grouping? Strongholds is just STO starbases re-done in the fantasy world. Fine not a problem you need to be in a guild so be it. But why the hell make past solo instances forced to have a group now?
Darian Del'Ford
AKA Taco Brotherhood of Pathfinders
Old Neverwinter Nights AOL Launched it all!

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I don't fully understand your issue.

Did the difficulty increase for you (something is wrong)?

if you are finding you cannot access the instance by yourself, you are missing the standalone quest for it (not the sub-bit of Common Cause that tells you to go there), and need to pick that up from Harper Boward. There's a wee delay on these lairs showing up while the game determines which one to spawn for you, and you outlevel the reminder markers for them at level 67.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    dariandelforddariandelford Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Nope I am a level 70 CW grated I just started the ToD campaign, did it just fine. Completed my 3/3 yesterday morning and re-running the chain now. Did the Cull the Cultists the dragon and the breaking up the cultists in Neverdeath. I have the quest common Cause

Assist Harperrs in Neverwinter and Ghost Stories but I can' t enter the instance. Folks in zone chat telling me its group only now or something
    Darian Del'Ford
    AKA Taco Brotherhood of Pathfinders
    Old Neverwinter Nights AOL Launched it all!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    People in zone chat are frequently full of [stuff the forum doesn't even like polite words for]. A lot of people can't solo it, so they consider it group only. But it's soloable and most certainly allowed to be soloed.

I think you've missed picking up Ghost Stories from Boward. It's there as part of Common Cause, but you're missing the actual quest that activates the instance doorway. Incidentally, if you did enter in a party like this, you'd not get the chest at the end due to not having the quest active anyway.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    You have to talk to the proper NPC in PE to get the actual quest. Right now you just have Common Cause, which requires that you also finish Ghost Stories, but you don't have the actual Ghost Stories quest.

Stupidly, the NPCs dont have chat bubbles over their head once you out level them. Just talk to the NPCs in and around the ToD stall in PE to get the correct quest.
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • Options
    Neverdeath - Ghost Stories - Harper Boward
    Ebon Downs - Barrow Demolition - Perceptor Theraclast
    Icespire - Mithril Mine - Lord's Alliance Envoy (he's got a name that I have a mental block against remembering, red armor)
    Rothe Valley - Forged in Fire - Delwin Bass (sitting on crate nearby)
    Whispering Caverns - Ancient Treasures - Shay Cutter

Pick these up before you go, and you won't have problems.

Neverwinter Census 2017