test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rise Tiamat Needs a Gear Score Requirement and Needs to Boot People for Doing NOTHING

124»

Comments

• patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    ^ ok so why are they running Tiamat? They don't have gear, they don't know their class, but they are trying to run the current Endgame? Really?
  • b0redgamerb0redgamer Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    patsfire wrote: »
    But see, as I said earlier, once lvl 70 comes the ones who know what they are doing and have the ability to get their gear and get to lvl 70 will be the first ones in WoD and fighting Tiamat. Those are the people who are at the higher gs now, and actually have proper stats. As for the others, the ones who buy the 10k from AH and have no clue about stats, those are the ones who will be on here crying how it is impossible to get gear and level up because they have no previous gear or any clue on how to play their class.

As a pc and xbox player I can say you have no idea what you are in for as far as the grind to level 70 and getting the proper gear is concerned. You are also confusing things. The people with 10k gs are probably the ones who have not spent money on the TH and if you had any clue about purchasing gear you would realize their GS would be far higher if they did purchase. I mean if you are going to buy gear, right now you can get a full T2 set or 2 + 2 if you are trying to pad your gear score(like a lot of high GS people do) for less than 100k easily, then you can buy rank 10 enchants, whatever companions you would like along with artifacts and refining stones to rank up your artifacts instantly. Then you will have a GS through the roof. Does that mean they did any research into a build or what stats are most efficient for their class? No. Does it mean they know what rotations to use to be most effective? No. Does it mean they have run every dungeon/encounter and understand strategies? No. So those people will have no clue what to do whereas the ones who grinded out their 10k will be better prepared for the VERY long grind to come.

Signature under construction, stay tuned.
    GT: b0red gamer
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    ^ Well said.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

So you pretty much just admitted that the 10k gs have no clue what they are doing, and they should not be running Tiamat.

As for me not understanding the whole buying on the AH. I understand that completely, however I know that the lower lvls typically don't have that many Astral Diamonds and so they could only afford JUST ENOUGH to get to that 10k just so they can come run Tiamat and ruin it for everyone.
    edited August 2015
    How did you interpret anything I just said as "10k gs have no clue what they are doing"? First off, GS means nothing to me never has, never will. Second if you think "lower level" players can not earn enough AD by running dailies, hourlies and playing the TH to buy gear you are sadly mistaken. Not to mention the fact they can just buy Zen, convert to AD and buy anything they want. So no you do not understand it completely, that much is blatantly obvious.
    So these 10ks that THINK they can run Tiamat, are these the ones who actually know what to do on the daily to get AD and get gear? NO, I don't think so. For some reason, you are trying to assume that all these 10ks are not noobs, which is obvious by them trying to run Tiamat. So being a noob, and not knowing the game, would indicate that you don't know how to make AD, or know what to buy, or know what gear you need, or know what stats should be. So my point is verified and you are just talking through your *** lol
    No your point is not verified in any way. You are assuming everyone with higher than 10k is not a noob. You assume everyone with a high GS knows what they are doing when I have clearly pointed out that is flawed. You can get to level 60, buy a high GS and still have no clue what your build should be like, what rotations to use or strategies for dungeons/encounters. So you can assume your point is verified and I am "talking through my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" all you like.
    plus there are alt characters that are just created and leveling up. I have 3 now, my latest is my CW which i did Tiamat runs with a 11k gs. I did great in the Tiamat runs and held my own and didnt die. I did however see alot of 16k to 20k gs people just sitting afk doing nothing while everyone was out slaying Tiamat. I have been in dungeon runs with high gs players who died before me. But yet i get booted cause i know what i am doing... LOL. there are lots of flaws to systems. You just have to pay attention. High or Low gs doesnt matter. Its just a basis to get into WoD and dungeons. Not your playing ability.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance

PS4
    Look Good Play Good

edited August 2015
    b0redgamer wrote: »
    No your point is not verified in any way. You are assuming everyone with higher than 10k is not a noob. You assume everyone with a high GS knows what they are doing when I have clearly pointed out that is flawed. You can get to level 60, buy a high GS and still have no clue what your build should be like, what rotations to use or strategies for dungeons/encounters. So you can assume your point is verified and I am "talking through my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" all you like.

No, actually I have said that not all high gs players know what they are doing, a majority do though. And I have said that SOME 10ks actually have decent builds. I have also said that those who get to lvl 60 and just buy their stuff most likely have no idea what they are doing, so I don't know why you are arguing that since you said the same thing.

Once again, you don't know what you are talking about, and you clearly have no idea what I have said. #noob

• masterwolf56masterwolf56 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    GS may not matter much, but the right stats do matter. A DPS class taking up a slot expecting to be carried in Tiamat or ELoL with very low armor penetration is a waste of space. I don't care how good they "think" they can play the game. Usually I laugh and then kick the person if I'm running a dungeon. I don't boot and loot but I will kick garbage.
    yeah. ArP is key. you can have all the power and crit in the world, but what good does it do you really? Unless your a Tank.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance

PS4
    Look Good Play Good

See that is the thing that people are not getting about my comments. I say 10k gs is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> yadda yadda. BUT, I am generalizing all the 10k because of the few I have actually looked at their stats and they were <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I have also said that some 10ks have decent stats. BUT a majority of 10ks do not have the right stats, so I put them ALL under the 10k gs umbrella
    edited August 2015
    patsfire wrote: »
    No, actually I have said that not all high gs players know what they are doing, a majority do though. And I have said that SOME 10ks actually have decent builds. I have also said that those who get to lvl 60 and just buy their stuff most likely have no idea what they are doing, so I don't know why you are arguing that since you said the same thing.

Once again, you don't know what you are talking about, and you clearly have no idea what I have said. #noob

During this conversation you not one time said "not all high gs players know what they are doing, a majority do though. And I have said that SOME 10ks actually have decent builds". You have only said that 10k GS people do not know what they are doing, they just buy their gear and ruin Tiamat for everyone. I clearly do not know what I am talking about? Yeah ok, whatever makes you feel better. Also, you now attempt to insult me by calling me a noob? Funny considering you have already said you are one in another thread. I will no longer attempt to have an intelligent debate with you as it is pointless. Good day to you.
  • azcrackazcrack Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I have alot of friends who didnt buy anything. No zen no armor. They worked for it all. And they had no clue how to build their guy. None of them. Im pretty sure the ones buying their gear know what they are doing. But reguardless a 10k gear score doesnt have the stats to be useful in tiamat. Its the sad truth. If it was then most times it would be a good run. Its not that way. Even with an ioun stone they just dont have the stas. Clerics are the exception. I dont hate ppl with a 10k gs. But when i get to play i wanna do it with ppl on my lvl. Ppl who have grinded and spent the time and have the stats to acomplish whatever is we are doing. I shouldnt have to get stuck with ppl who cant even get to epic shores or lostmauth. If im doin dungeons i dont really care as long as they are dojn their part. But tiamat is something that happens once an hour. A fail is a huge waste of time.
    i personally can damage a tiamat head 1/4 of its health solo, meaning you need a minimum of 12 of MY dps ability to get throught the 3 heads first round.

What a load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. If this were true then 5 of "your dps ability* could spread and drop all 5 heads to 1/4 in the first round. Your math and logic are flawed. Here is an idea, why not post a video of you soloing a Tiamat head to 1/4 health. Otherwise stop posting non-sense.

drexci wrote: »
    Item

Does anybody have a link to how item level works and what effects it? Would be nice to understand it.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Total_Item_Level

Not to worry though the same people in this thread and in others will find ways to complain. Like on the pc if your TIL is below 2.5 you are a "noob" and can not run Tiamat. No matter what the limits, no matter what the game people will find a way to complain and blame everyone else for every loss that happens.

I actually believe him when he says he can get it down 25% by his self. I have seen this more than once. One time it was a hr who took 2 heads down that were 25%, while the rest of us finished the othet 3. The second time it was a trickster. Dont know what their gs was. They had the full 25% too. So thats 2 heads in 2 minutes. I usually do 3 times the amount of damage with my cw than any 10k gs does in a dungeon. But when i play with my friend whos a hr he always does way more than i do. So it doesnt seem to far fetched to me. I have even seen a scouge take down a head that was 25% alone. It took him most of the 2 mins tho.
    azcrack wrote: »
    i personally can damage a tiamat head 1/4 of its health solo, meaning you need a minimum of 12 of MY dps ability to get throught the 3 heads first round.

What a load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. If this were true then 5 of "your dps ability* could spread and drop all 5 heads to 1/4 in the first round. Your math and logic are flawed. Here is an idea, why not post a video of you soloing a Tiamat head to 1/4 health. Otherwise stop posting non-sense.

drexci wrote: »
    Item

Does anybody have a link to how item level works and what effects it? Would be nice to understand it.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Total_Item_Level

Not to worry though the same people in this thread and in others will find ways to complain. Like on the pc if your TIL is below 2.5 you are a "noob" and can not run Tiamat. No matter what the limits, no matter what the game people will find a way to complain and blame everyone else for every loss that happens.

I actually believe him when he says he can get it down 25% by his self. I have seen this more than once. One time it was a hr who took 2 heads down that were 25%, while the rest of us finished the othet 3. The second time it was a trickster. Dont know what their gs was. They had the full 25% too. So thats 2 heads in 2 minutes. I usually do 3 times the amount of damage with my cw than any 10k gs does in a dungeon. But when i play with my friend whos a hr he always does way more than i do. So it doesnt seem to far fetched to me. I have even seen a scouge take down a head that was 25% alone. It took him most of the 2 mins tho.

Not arguing at all, but if people can do that much DPS it clearly would not take 12 of them to do a Tiamat run. It would also indicate they could solo a dragon encounter. I would just like to see a video of this taking place along with the build/gear they are running with. My newly built 12.5k SW Soulbinder/Fury can put out massive amounts of damage. Even if I got him to 20k I doubt I could knock a head down to 1/4 by myself. Even playing on the pc for 2 years I have yet to see the person who could do that. Again not saying it is not possible just that I have not witnessed it. If you or your friend could post a video showing this I would really appreciate. As for the person I said this to if he can post a vid of this happening I would gladly apologize and eat a piece of humble pie. I really meant not offense.
    The problem is that when u get ppl who do that much dps it is rare. I have yet to see more than one or 2 of those guys togeather. On both those runs i mentioned, we could have finished all the heads on the second phase. But no one wanted to risk it it seemed so we spent a minute and a half waiting at the clerics for them to come back up. And if ur scouge is 12k then u could imagine what a 20k would do. The difference in ur power would be insane. Not sure how high you have gotten your characters before but when u get to that gs, and ur a dps guy, your can easilh crit for 200k almost every time. My 17k hr friend crits for 150k all day. I would try and investigate and post vids but im honestly done witb this game. The bordem is killing me. The problems this game has are killing me. I love this game but it needs new management badly. I havnt logged in in 3 days and this is the first time since launch i have missed a day.

Anyway there are amazing charaters out there. Im not one of them, but they are there
    I think whoever is doing that amount of dmg has high ArP. cause Tiamat is at 60% if i remember right. Thats why there are always large groups to fight Tiamat cause of the high defense. I have seen some people with 4k ArP running around. But i have never seen 1 take on Tiamat and do that. Would be interesting to see. Would love to see video proof of it.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance

PS4
    Look Good Play Good

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    As Tiamat is going to require level 70 and a high item level starting next month, and because this thread has turned into nothing but insults (the worst of which I have had to remove), I am closing this.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.