test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rise Tiamat Needs a Gear Score Requirement and Needs to Boot People for Doing NOTHING

One way to fix the Rise of Tiamat is for ther to be a minimm gear scroe requirement. These are too many people with low gear scores trying to do Tiamat and they can't even do the epic Lostmaut dungeon, GO FIGURE!!!!!!!

Also, there should be a way that players who do noting but stand around are kicked out. They do nothing and still end ugetting a reward, however meager it may be.

There are tooo may people playing that do not understand that gear score is relevant to the amount of take that you can deal/receive ansd when they go in with a 10k-11k gear score and dont realize they are only hurting the rest of the group. You can get Tier II gear CHEAP, go invest in some and see what a difference it make and also check on your character build, there are lots of places to look to see which builds are best for different play styles.

I personally am sick and tired of coing inand then have the people QUIT because they died a few times which is usually a result of their low gear scores and/or bad character builds. Until Neverwinter fixes this, I am done with it.

Comments

• boobtitskiboobtitski Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    GS has nothing to do with teamwork, i have a 10.5k GS TR and a 11k DC both have the title for defeating Tiamat. Don't be bad and inspect everyone while ignoring mechanics, you're probably one of the people talking the entire raid about how bad someone else is also, all the while doing jack to help out.

The standing by the fire thing is a legit complaint, bust if you actually look at who is standing next to the fires most of the time is people above 14k GS
  • b0redgamerb0redgamer Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    No a minimum gear score will not address any issues with Tiamat. The issue is in the fact it is new to a lot people and they have done no research into the tactics that work. Also, people standing by the fire should (and often do not) not get rewards for not participating. So they are wasting their own time by spamming the chat constantly and will (hopefully) get no reward for it.
    Signature under construction, stay tuned.
    GT: b0red gamer
  • nickinightnickinight Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Teamwork and a good amount of DPS is key or everyone fails. So basically, the people who just stand and do nothing are wasting their own time and everyone else's, which is rude. But booting them won't solve anything, you won't be able to get another player in so failing is always guaranteed.

There's some that you win, and some that you don't. We all have it no matter what GS you or your comrades are.
    Lvl 70 HR Mistress Fleur | Lvl 70 TR Countess Myra
    1. "Cleric: Protect at all costs.
    2. Rest of Group: Expendable."
    GT= NikkiNight (Looking for new peeps to run ANY dungeons/skirmishes with. GS irrelevant)
  • zooneylfczooneylfc Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I was scrapping 11 GS on my first couple of runs, now I am just under 12 GS, I have run 5 with my HR and won 4 (easily with time to spare)

I check out the higher GS's players and many times I see I have higher arm pen, also if I die I do not camp at the fire, I am straight back in to help. It is all about teamwork and knowing the layout which takes a few tries for everyone.
  • alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    There needs to be a GS requiremennt simple as that. People also need to know there class and how stats work. Atleast 13k gs would be fine.
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
  • alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    There should be a debuff for leaving and players who are afk during the fight should be toss out automatically if they are just standing there.
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    GS means nothing, its about teamwork, how your character is built and if you can play your character the correct way. I know people with a 16k gs and cant even play. I have run many T2 dungeons with some and they die before i do. And i had a 11k gs CW. Its all about how you can play. Some people buy their gs, that doesnt make them good and can handle things. Unfortunately we have to just work with what we have, high and low gs people. I am not dogging on high gs players, cause i have 3 characters at 15k each. But in all honesty, i would take a 11k gs player that knows how to play over a 16gs character who has no clue how to play. Maybe there should be a campfire timer that boots people if they are there for more than 1 min. Maybe there should be something that says if you dont score over x amount of points you cant run Tiamat for another 24 hrs. or maybe we should all just be team players in Tiamat and enjoy it instead of complaining about it all the time. All i see is people spamming and crying in Tiamat, its no wonder some dont win, if you talked less and fought more maybe we would have that dps. I would love to see a full day of no whining and crying in Tiamat. But thats impossible, cause thats all people know how to do in there.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Sadly XBL is full of whiny little kids as any regular in COD or Halo will tell you, Grown ups tend to move towards other game genres or learn to play with voice chat off so you dont hear that 10 year old going "yo momma" every two minutes, sadly because of this they tend to do it in the zone it seems to me.

TBH as soon as the next new shiny thing (likely Cod) comes along they will head there and they wont be seen again in here :)
  • zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    I don't understand why there isn't a normal Tiamat gs 10k and an epic version 13k in line with shores and Laustmouth. At least that way it would encourage the 10k-12.9k brigade to do something about their builds instead of floundering about in the temple and causing endless defeats for everyone.
    I don't understand why there isn't a normal Tiamat gs 10k and an epic version 13k in line with shores and Laustmouth. At least that way it would encourage the 10k-12.9k brigade to do something about their builds instead of floundering about in the temple and causing endless defeats for everyone.

Look I am 12.5 approx and I am always in the top 5 mostly top 3 and have come top and second on a number of occassions

Its about how you are set up as others have said and how you play, the biggest issue is the campers who bail taking out half the team, while weak players do unquestionably have an impact, when the 13 highest GS players are sat on their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> it is not just about the weaker players, its a community problem imho.
    Currently working on upping my gear but not at the cost of dropping stats.
    Also lost count of how often I am the only guy trying to take the white summoner down so we can get the white soul, funny how the elite 18K dudes never head for that one most of the time!
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    The gear score argument is ridiculous. It's a pompous and elitist attitude.

2 things contribute to a failed Tiamat raid -

1. Lack of communication & common sense; 25 people can participate, there are 3 clerics, do the math. Dragon heads, left to right to 20%ish, use the dragon souls for the correct head. Defend clerics, pick up on the head that was left off on previous run, left to right to 20%ish, use the dragon souls for the correct head. Defend clerics, finish off heads... it's really not difficult.

2. The absolutely terrible and completely random "server not responding", freezing, and kicking to dashboard. Game was doing it again last night, was god awful.

12-13K GS saying 10K is too low, 14-15K GS saying 13K is too low, 16-17K GS saying 15K is too low... Yet 1/2 the people complaining are rocking 2/2 sets to boost GS and ignoring set bonuses or sporting Draconic w/out anything in the overload slots.

jdnutz wrote: »
    mahburg wrote: »

Look I am 12.5 approx and I am always in the top 5 mostly top 3 and have come top and second on a number of occassions

Its about how you are set up as others have said and how you play, the biggest issue is the campers who bail taking out half the team, while weak players do unquestionably have an impact, when the 13 highest GS players are sat on their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> it is not just about the weaker players, its a community problem imho.
    Currently working on upping my gear but not at the cost of dropping stats.
    Also lost count of how often I am the only guy trying to take the white summoner down so we can get the white soul, funny how the elite 18K dudes never head for that one most of the time!

white dragon soul is the least important, green, red and blue are the most important............the white dragon would freeze you and for a GWF they can avoid it and break out it easy.

I run as a GWF I dont need it for me as you point out, but thats not the point of this excercise is it, the complaints seem to revolve around team work (or lack of it) surely making sure you get something that can help the rest of the team out is the point?
    Or maybe I should just sit on my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like the other whiners at the campsite?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    There are very legit reasons why they did away with Gear Score in Mod 6. It is not an accurate reading of how good your gear is, or how well you play. If you have all your stats set up wrong, it does not matter if your gear score is 10k or 20k. I've seen many times on PC, someone with a lower gear score but well built character do much more damage than someone with a much higher gear score.

As for the people who do nothing, your reward at the end takes into consideration your points. If you go in and do absolutely nothing the whole time, you might get a peridot when you lose.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • drexcidrexci Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    kreatyve wrote: »
    There are very legit reasons why they did away with Gear Score in Mod 6. It is not an accurate reading of how good your gear is, or how well you play. If you have all your stats set up wrong, it does not matter if your gear score is 10k or 20k. I've seen many times on PC, someone with a lower gear score but well built character do much more damage than someone with a much higher gear score.

As for the people who do nothing, your reward at the end takes into consideration your points. If you go in and do absolutely nothing the whole time, you might get a peridot when you lose.

I've completed Tiamat with my DC ten times now and come either first of top 3 and all I've got is a minor resonance stone, a shard and linu favor.

I've completed it with my CW 12 times and come between 5 and 10 and I've got Tiamat's orb and off hand.

Even if you sit in spawn you're getting linu favors if it's completed
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Thank you Kreatyve.. its just too bad no one will pay attention to what you said in this forum and still whine and cry. I am just thinking of what will happen when mod 6 finally shows up. actually i am laughing about it. I myself cant wait, i dont play pc. But i love challenges and thrive on them.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• oudaesuoudaesu Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    There should be a higher GS limit. Everyone knows what to do, but you can tell when there is a bunch of 10k people in there. They're all dying and there's not enough DPS. You never lose because of people not knowing what to do anymore, you lose because of lack of DPS. The low GS people will even try to find the better times to go in so they can be carried lol
  • nullvaluepointnullvaluepoint Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I bet a team of 25 10k GS players could take out Tiamat if they all knew the strategy and applied it.

Every failure I've seen is from lack of strategy. If you're dead from falling in lava, failing to use gems, failing to avoid power attacks, then your GS doesn't mean anything. It may as well be 0.
    I bet a team of 25 10k GS players could take out Tiamat if they all knew the strategy and applied it.

Every failure I've seen is from lack of strategy. If you're dead from falling in lava, failing to use gems, failing to avoid power attacks, then your GS doesn't mean anything. It may as well be 0.

I do not know if they could or not. However, I 100% agree that knowledge and skill trump Gear Score every time.

• sponsahmesponsahme Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    > @nullvaluepoint said:
    > I bet a team of 25 10k GS players could take out Tiamat if they all knew the strategy and applied it.
    >
    > Every failure I've seen is from lack of strategy. If you're dead from falling in lava, failing to use gems, failing to avoid power attacks, then your GS doesn't mean anything. It may as well be 0.

You have very poor logic with your concept. Most 10k players don't know what the flip they are doing and can't coordinate heavily with a group of 25 people. You also have to state out the point that you don't exactly choose who you are teaming with so that one 10k that knows how to build his character, and run tiamat to perfection will come out once in a blue moon. You say all this stuff about gearscore doesn't matter, but you always think of the best possible scenarios which rarely ever happen and we are talking about the general situation most 10k's bring to the tiamat raid, which is next to nothing.

yes gearscore does not define a player.

yes gearscore can be used as a benchmark to determine a players usefulness.

i have about 50 wins so far in tiamat and I inspect all the players gearscore right when i enter the raid and i can pretty much determine whether or not my team is capable of winning or failing right off the get-go based on seeing a couple 10k's running around. The only time i would ever win with those 10ks is if i see the 16k-20k trs i know who use the plague fire glitch to hit 2m-7m on the dragon..

i don't really care if they change the gearscore requirement or not because i win around 60 percent of my matches anyway.

I will say this though once I get my last boon I will never set foot in well of dragons ever again.. I literally despise this place with all my heart and soul..
    Sorry, but I really do have to disagree with Gear Score being used as a benchmark for a players usefulness. You can pad your stats with useless ones, which makes GS ineffective at judging performance.
    > @b0redgamer said:
    > Sorry, but I really do have to disagree with Gear Score being used as a benchmark for a players usefulness. You can pad your stats with useless ones, which makes GS ineffective at judging performance.

there you go again thinking of the best scenarios and making excuses.. You could say the same about a 10k padding gearscore stats with useless ones.

my benchmark point is implying that the higher your gearscore is the less likely you are that you won't know what you are doing and you can compensate with having bad stats with your other higher stats. think of it like this. would you rather have a 13k with stats like 10k or a 10k with the stats like a 7k. please choose wisely.
    No I am not "thinking of the best scenarios". I am thinking that Gear Score does not consider stones or properly placed stats. You can equip 2 + 2 sets to pad your GS making you appear more efficient than you really are. I am very hopeful that GS will be removed soon as TIL is not perfect but still takes more things into consideration. Currently, you can equip items that are useless for your build but gives you a higher GS.

I get what you are saying but with the amount of people who do not understand builds and just equip what is "recommended" or what makes their GS higher make up the majority. Hence why GS should be replaced with a more effective metric in determining a players efficiency. TIL is not perfect but it weighs in more than GS.
    you do not understand what i'm saying, because you are still arguing the point about gearscore. I don't understand you, why are you so freakin stubborn? do you hate being wrong or something. i have said countless times that gearscore is only a benchmark, because obviously someone who is a 13k has spent more time on this game and knows more about the game than a common 10k.. i was dumb asf when i was a 10k compared to when i was a 13k.
    Okay, look there is really no need for attempting to insult me. The problem with GS again( I am very tired of rehashing) is that it does not take into account where points are placed. You can pad your GS with worthless stats. That makes someone with 14k GS in stats in the wrong place next to worthless. They are not building to be better, just to get a higher GS. GS should not be a benchmark because anyone can farm or buy equipment that makes their GS high. However, if stats are in the wrong place, they are not efficient. Also, with the economy in game the way that it is you can buy equipment to pad your stats instead of working for it. That gives you no experience in the game, which at this point a person can just simply buy whatever they want without understanding mechanics or the class they are playing in general. GS is a flawed metric which was removed from the PC and will be removed from the Xbox.
    edited July 2015
    OMG are people on this forum really that dense. hes literally like a broken record spewing the same thing. What makes your precious 10k with greens and blues with stats in the wrong places better than a 13k with stats in the wrong places? I don't know about you but I see a lot more 10k-12ks with a strength belt as a cw than i do seeing 13k-15ks. Whats your reply to that huh?????

who cares about item level that is literally 5 months away and irrelevant and people still have the same elitist attitude of saying that if you are above 3k item level you can't run tiamat with us.
    edited July 2015
    And you have now lumped yourself in with that "elitist attitude". Just to clear it up, my main is 13+k GS. However, you are bitching and moaning about "We need a higher GS because that = skill and knowledge". That is flawed and if you can not understand that you are beyond any help we can give.

Also, LMAO at pointing out CWs with a belt of strength. You literally agreed to what I have said. Knowledge and skill trumps GS.
  • azcrackazcrack Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Honestly to all the ppl sayin you are 10k and 11k gs and braggin about beating tiamat im just gonna throw this out there......you did not beat tiamat. U were carried by ppl who have a real gs and real stats. The dc is gf are the 2 exceptions. The clerics heal and the guardian fighters pull adds. But when it comes to dps neither of them will help. And a 10k or 11k tr or cw isnt doin enough dps. Thats the bottom line. I just ran a tiamat run where everything went perfect with the strategy and we still failed from lack of dps. I seriously with there was a 13k requirement. Its not fair ppl show up wearing lvl 50 somethin gear and think they can fight tiamat and be a help. They are being carried all the way by ppl who are tired of failing hour after hour and just hoping decent ppl showed up. And im also tired of clerics who get first on the leaderboard braggin they are 10k gs. The point system didnt matter when its the 20k tricksters or gwf or whatever they are that are doin the real work. And for the record my main is a 15.8k dc. I dont brag when im top place. Which is often. I did my part and the other ppl did theirs. But lets not act like a 10k gear score is doin anything but gettin in the way. Ioun stone and good spec or not
  • bluedoodbluedood Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    GS does not equal succees in the raid, and honestly makes for a poor benchmark because it can easily be manipulated quickly without putting time into the game. I see how you are thinking it might mean more time spent in game, but with supply swelling on gear and prices low it changes things. Additionally, just because of your experience at 10k gs early on, does not mean every player at 10k knows nothing. My bet is many of them have other characters and could be better players than the fancy new 15k standing next to him.

I will be bold and say the single most important thing to completing the new raid is most of the group acting in sync and coordinating. Without that you have people not getting gems, fighting on top of clerics, and waiting for people to rez them instead of just release and kit.

Fwiw sponsahme, bored likes to debate and really discuss topics well. Take the time to read and see the other side, then post a response where you make counter arguments rather than fly off the handle. This is a great place to share information and ideas, and we can all be civil with each other and still have differing opinions ;)
  • azcrackazcrack Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I will totally agree that a high gs doesnt mean that person is a good player. But to beat tiamat it takes knowledge, strategy, teamwork, and good stats from all players. If 10k and 11k gs were useful in tiamat then the way less ppl would be complaining. It seems most ppl understand what to do now. And the only fails i have seen lately were from lack of dps. And the occasional bad timing on the soul gems. But mostly is dps time and time again. I have 2 characters and alot of friends on this game. And they will all tell u that 10 and 11 and even 12k gs has no reason being there. My best friend is an 11.8k tricker with a good build and even he knows its all about the high gs ppl doin all the work. Im not trying to bash ppl. Everyone went through not being good enough. But we have to face facts here. As i said my last run was with nothing but 10 to 12k gs ppl. And it was a perfect run but we failed because of dps. Sad but true.
    edited July 2015
    Gearscore isn't the only factor that can cause failed runs. I've had failed runs simply because my team has like 10 gwfs on my team and 99 percent of gwfs don't know how to use their class on this game. It's sad to say, but if you want to have a successful run carrying a lot of bad gwfs or bad 10ks-13ks then you have to have atleast 2-3 trickster rogues who know how to abuse the plaguefire glitch hitting 2m-7m on the dragons.

that's why im grinding out tiamat trying to get my last 30 linus favors before those trs end up stop running tiamat, because it will literally be hell when that happens LOL.
This discussion has been closed.