test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

By the light! (Sharpedge's Devotion OP PVE Guide)

Comments

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    bkt5789 said:

Can more than one person in a party equip the feytouch enchantment and receive he buffs from it? Cause I was told that if two people have it on then one person gets buffed but not the other.

You were told the truth.
  • bkt5789bkt5789 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    That's a bummer!
    Burning guidance has just increased my dps in dungeons from 600k to 20mill (elol), I had a hunter ranger using gashing wound, but not faytouched, no dps cleric, or mof control wizard, or spurge warlock. Though I'm happy I have good synergy with them!

Oh I also realized I now generate aggro so I might just pick up an owl for a pet. But not sure...
    bkt5789 said:

Burning guidance has just increased my dps in dungeons from 600k to 20mill (elol), I had a hunter ranger using gashing wound, but not faytouched, no dps cleric, or mof control wizard, or spurge warlock. Though I'm happy I have good synergy with them!

Oh I also realized I now generate aggro so I might just pick up an owl for a pet. But not sure...

It depends, I like to do dungeons sometimes without a tank, in which case I act as an offtank on my pally. Due to this, I would rather not get an owl as it is important that I am able to hold aggro. If you would rather not generate aggro though, then it is likely a good choice.
    I do not think at the moment people are comfortable rolling without a tank. They asked our cleric to respec as ap gain, when I think the tactician into the fray guardian fighter is was better at being a battery, and asked that she remained debuffer cleric.

I've just recruited a mof wizard, and I'm gaining another 9 active people in my guild soonish when strongholds releases onto Xbox soon. Thank doesn't like losing aggro but I guess if he's keeping divine protector on everyone it really doesn't matter.
  • pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    I respecc'd and followed your guide for my 2.1k OP. I just got the burning guidance boon (no other capstone boons) and am already doing an exponential amount of DPS compared to before. I do find that this maaaay be working as intended, although to be fair, I feel it should proc off actual heals instead of attempted heals.

Case in point: I ran a pug eCC with 2 CWs (CC-types) and 2 TRs (no clue) who were roughly 2-2.2k ilvl. Progression was pretty dang slow, but I was in the lead in damage according to pain giver chart for the whole run by at least 3mil the whole time. I think with the CWs being doing the damage they were doing with CC and whatnot, the dps wasn't too surprising on their end, but my OP really shouldn't be doing as much and more damage than they did.

Oh conclusion was we failed to finish, but that's expected. I just thought the group was nice and didn't mind at least trying with them. RA is amazing, but maybe the AP gain should be capped at 1/8-1/4 full, not 1/3-1/2!
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
    As my guild needs a tank OP, I have decided to respec and try building a decent tank. This acts as my perfect excuse to expand my knowledge of the OP class to the tank side as well, so maybe in the future I will be expanding my guide to include both paragons.
    I look forward to reading it mr.fabricant! I really enjoy your guide. My tank paladin currently follows the Leroy Jenkins guide, I haven't made it to 70 yet on that toon though cause my guild desperately needed a healer. The toon I made following his guide is very capable of solo play though I'm not so great at killing things with it yet. :$
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    First off, I want to say that I think your guide is pretty good. You laid everything out and made it easy to understand the mechanics for both new and old players, which is necessary for the ability to play a character well. A bit more detail on why things act like they do and specific actions in situations wouldn't be amiss in my eyes but I am just like that. As it stands your guide is something one doesn't need a lot of knowledge to be able to use effectively :)

A couple recommendations/fixes I have though.

Explain how Divine Call works and how you can best integrate it into your rotations as a Justice OP (eg: resetting burning light cool down because Bond of Virtue give so many extra pips of Divine Call so you can just spam it).

In your mini write up on Burning Guidance in the DR boon section you have not updated it yet to say that Feytouched does work to boost Aura of Courage.

This one might not be super necessary, but would you consider adding a bit of clarification on your choice of Steadfast vs Toughness for the heroic feats. This tripped me up for a couple minutes as I had always assumed the tooltip for Steadfast was a typical cryptic tooltip and actually meant that your CON just got an extra 2.5% HP to the base amount like CON has always worked. No i didn't test it before i decided that so perhaps I am just silly for requesting that bit of clarification for others.

What artifact powers do you recommend for the artifact main hand/off hand?

Thanks you for writing this guide, here is a better table of contents for you. Copy and Paste should work :)
    1. Preface
    Post edited by scathias on
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
    tye Xbox community has discovered divine protection and is treating me like a red headed step child with my devotion path. Devotion Paladins are rare in the game compared to protection paladin, and all clerics went ap battery build instead of debuffer build.

I'm able to generate enough of my own ap with restless avenger to have shield of faith up full time. Many of the protection Paladins I've met have crummy ap gain and can't figure it out without a battery cleric. -,-;; I'm still working on getting my lost mouth neck, I just got the horn of blasting today, which I'm not sure if I'm using or I can put it on an alt.

My feytouch I do notice an increase in damage with feytouch enchant (it's the rank above lesser), but many many people are running feytouch now. I wanna see how pretty my sword would look while its transcendent.

No one gets through a dungeon legit, people glitch every boss in craigmire crypts by luring the bosses into traps. The task to defeat these dungeons legit is way too daunting (my guild can do temple of spider but we have a battery cleric and a protection paladin and a devotion paladin keeping the rest up.) they said these glitches were patched but that's not true. Oh and the trash mobs without a protection paladin spamming his daily the way through one shot us cause they can bypass our damage resist. Supposedly it was a copy/paste implement so we aren't getting the patch that fixes it for a while.

After I get my neck my next goal is to refine my equips, forge major ap gain kits, and save up for the next mod in a month or two. I'm not spending on elven gear cause apparently it gets outclassed as soon as strongholds releases. I'm just saving my protector seals.

Hopefully saner minds prevail and the denizens of neverwinter Xbox realize they have mistaken and underestimated devotion Paladins. Not only do I heal like a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but each heal is dealing damage, and I usually rank second or third in the damage charts, and carry the most aggro. A guardian fighter can't even hold aggro with me around, and clerics that actually have to keep a party alive are often criticized for not being able to dish out enough heals, which is never a devotion Paladins problem.
    edited October 2015
    scathias said:

First off, I want to say that I think your guide is pretty good. You laid everything out and made it easy to understand the mechanics for both new and old players, which is necessary for the ability to play a character well. A bit more detail on why things act like they do and specific actions in situations wouldn't be amiss in my eyes but I am just like that. As it stands your guide is something one doesn't need a lot of knowledge to be able to use effectively :)

A couple recommendations/fixes I have though.

Explain how Divine Call works and how you can best integrate it into your rotations as a Justice OP (eg: resetting burning light cool down because Bond of Virtue give so many extra pips of Divine Call so you can just spam it).

In your mini write up on Burning Guidance in the DR boon section you have not updated it yet to say that Feytouched does work to boost Aura of Courage.

This one might not be super necessary, but would you consider adding a bit of clarification on your choice of Steadfast vs Toughness for the heroic feats. This tripped me up for a couple minutes as I had always assumed the tooltip for Steadfast was a typical cryptic tooltip and actually meant that your CON just got an extra 2.5% HP to the base amount like CON has always worked. No i didn't test it before i decided that so perhaps I am just silly for requesting that bit of clarification for others.

What artifact powers do you recommend for the artifact main hand/off hand?

Thanks you for writing this guide, here is a better table of contents for you. Copy and Paste should work :)

1. Preface
    @scathias
    I have taken your suggestions into account and updated the guide, the only changes I have not made (Due to not being knowledgeable enough about code to fix it) is to change the contents page to include the links as the code is quite evidently visible in your post here. If you fix that (since I haven't a clue how to, sadly) I will update that as well. Thanks for going to the effort the first time though :) Also, for future reference, could you explain to me how linking like that works so in any future write ups I do, I can link like that.

For the main hand artifact bonus, I recommend Oath Strike or Valorous Strike (Depending on whether you prefer oath strike or valorous, I prefer using oath to valorous, Isaac prefers the reverse, its a matter of taste) and for the Offhand I recommend the Aura of Wisdom Bonus.

And @bkt5789
    I left a message on your wall for you :)
  • dairiuschi3dairiuschi3 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Been looking at this guide for a while since a Devo OP is my next runner up for a main, and I like a lot of what I'm seeing- just had a few minor concerns and differences I'd like an opinion on.

First, sadly as I built the OP some time back, the base Charisma is not so grand- 13 at base really, sad but short of starting an entirely new toon or getting a Race Reroll token not a lot I can do for it.

Feats:
    http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/op?b=2xhb:z8c8dt:dfpp:9bxxy,13il353:1uu5551:1000000:1uz0000&h=1&p=ood

I made a few changes for my build, just from personal preference mostly. Divine Action I feel like is a decent AP generator, I mean it's 15% for all 3 Divine Calls in one burst, good to have in your back pocket sure... but I tend to prefer having the actual heals in my back pocket since I still tend to fall pretty quick and can't yet rely on Vow/Bond for everything.

I filled out Toughness AND Steadfast as a Human because me being alive to keep everyone else alive is important, I was also able to pick up Force of Will 3 thanks to some of the points I moved around. I can't make as great use of it due to my subpar starting Cha, but at level 62 with gear I've gotten mostly from ToS runs I still have a 33% crit chance so I'd say it ain't half bad so far.

There's a bit of a Stigma with Prism, as in instances with more than a few people it can cause serious lag for a large portion of people... as such I'm going to try and avoid it. Purifying Fire 5/5 is the replacement I had in mind, more damage from At-Wills instead of all the extra Burning Guidance procs, I doubt it'll break even but I'd rather not be the cause of so much scorn. I know other OP will still use Prism but I don't want to contribute to the problem >.> If not purifying Fire, were there any other Justice Feats you'd suggest in place of Prism?

For Light the only change I was considering was dropping Aura Gifts for Restorative Haste. People move around a lot and 30ft isn't big so people being in position to get the Power boost from me isn't that reliable, and even when they get it in the long run it feels like a rather minuscule boost compared to the Vow of Enmity damage buff, or Bane, or even their own abilities such as Unstoppable GWF or Master Trapper HR. More Recovery means faster powers and more AP, so that was my thought process... but I haven't seen a lot of this in practice so I'm curious on your thoughts.

Enchants:
    I heard Feytouched is bugged when in a group with multiple people using it, and it seems to be a pretty popular enchant meaning that could happen quite often. Do you know how effective Holy Avenger is? Could its heal proc be an additional source for Burning Guidance to make up for my lack of Prism?

Artifacts:
    Would the Lostmauth set bonus increase critical heals? The belt already offers a fair bit of crit, not as much as a +4 Cha belt would (with Force of Will) but it's not a huge loss, stats on it are pretty good much like the Neck. For bottom row, going by what I have available currently, I'd be looking at HR Sigil(active, can interrupt, Stam regen is nice), Lantern of Revelation, OP Sigil, and Lostmauth Horn(pending effectiveness of set bonus on heals), once I get together the AD.

Been looking at this guide for a while since a Devo OP is my next runner up for a main, and I like a lot of what I'm seeing- just had a few minor concerns and differences I'd like an opinion on.

First, sadly as I built the OP some time back, the base Charisma is not so grand- 13 at base really, sad but short of starting an entirely new toon or getting a Race Reroll token not a lot I can do for it.

Feats:
    http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/op?b=2xhb:z8c8dt:dfpp:9bxxy,13il353:1uu5551:1000000:1uz0000&h=1&p=ood

I made a few changes for my build, just from personal preference mostly. Divine Action I feel like is a decent AP generator, I mean it's 15% for all 3 Divine Calls in one burst, good to have in your back pocket sure... but I tend to prefer having the actual heals in my back pocket since I still tend to fall pretty quick and can't yet rely on Vow/Bond for everything.

I filled out Toughness AND Steadfast as a Human because me being alive to keep everyone else alive is important, I was also able to pick up Force of Will 3 thanks to some of the points I moved around. I can't make as great use of it due to my subpar starting Cha, but at level 62 with gear I've gotten mostly from ToS runs I still have a 33% crit chance so I'd say it ain't half bad so far.

There's a bit of a Stigma with Prism, as in instances with more than a few people it can cause serious lag for a large portion of people... as such I'm going to try and avoid it. Purifying Fire 5/5 is the replacement I had in mind, more damage from At-Wills instead of all the extra Burning Guidance procs, I doubt it'll break even but I'd rather not be the cause of so much scorn. I know other OP will still use Prism but I don't want to contribute to the problem >.> If not purifying Fire, were there any other Justice Feats you'd suggest in place of Prism?

For Light the only change I was considering was dropping Aura Gifts for Restorative Haste. People move around a lot and 30ft isn't big so people being in position to get the Power boost from me isn't that reliable, and even when they get it in the long run it feels like a rather minuscule boost compared to the Vow of Enmity damage buff, or Bane, or even their own abilities such as Unstoppable GWF or Master Trapper HR. More Recovery means faster powers and more AP, so that was my thought process... but I haven't seen a lot of this in practice so I'm curious on your thoughts.

Enchants:
    I heard Feytouched is bugged when in a group with multiple people using it, and it seems to be a pretty popular enchant meaning that could happen quite often. Do you know how effective Holy Avenger is? Could its heal proc be an additional source for Burning Guidance to make up for my lack of Prism?

Artifacts:
    Would the Lostmauth set bonus increase critical heals? The belt already offers a fair bit of crit, not as much as a +4 Cha belt would (with Force of Will) but it's not a huge loss, stats on it are pretty good much like the Neck. For bottom row, going by what I have available currently, I'd be looking at HR Sigil(active, can interrupt, Stam regen is nice), Lantern of Revelation, OP Sigil, and Lostmauth Horn(pending effectiveness of set bonus on heals), once I get together the AD.

Here is what I think:
    1) Prism is too good to not take it, it procs frequently and allows you to carry groups of 5 players. In instances with more then 5 players, you just need to not use your daily power. By not using your daily power, you don't activate prism and with bond + vow healing a group that large, you will have plenty of burning guidance procs regardless. Ill be frank here, there is no alternative to prism, it should be nerfed, its way out of line for a feat, there is nothing in the feat trees that comes even close to it. Still, 3 months after the release of the paladin, its still not nerfed, but at some stage in the future the nerf is likely coming. If you don't want to use prism, then I suppose beacon of hope would be my next choice, its a sub par prism.
    2) Divine action helps a lot with AP, you shouldn't be having any issues with healing. I personally have left my paladin at 2.4k ilvl, without decking him out too much and can tank anything short of eGWD. The reason I haven't geared him further is because I don't pvp and therefore, there is no need for me to gear him further. I find my character over heals a lot, my divine call pops for about 1.1M when it heals and my shift mechanic is enough to keep a party up if I don't have divine call. In fact, in 99% of all situations, I find divine call superfluous for anything other then AP gain.
    3) Aura gifts vs restorative haste....This depends on who you run with, when I run with groups, I make a point of saying they should stand next to me, the reason being they are then within range of all my auras. I recommend doing the same and then using aura gifts, because ultimately, this relies more on the party you are running with then anything else. Even when running door to door in dungeons, I try to stand in the middle of the group and keep everyone together.
    4) Holy Avenger is an ok alternative, although I would suggest terror. You are able to apply it and the rest of the group will benefit from it, even if you don't. It in no way makes up for the loss of prism though.
    5) There is no reason to take the full lostmauth set, it doesn't proc off of burning guidance and it only procs off of the first hit of burning light, meaning that it will almost never hit. You will gain much more benefit out of taking a stat belt and leaving the losty belt alone.

At the end of the day, I don't care too much about stacking effectiveness on heals, vow + bond takes care of healing and over heals by miles, I can out heal the fire bomb in eCC and out heal the lava in eLoL and that is with nothing invested into healing at all and everything invested into damage, AP gain and defense.
  • dairiuschi3dairiuschi3 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I appreciate the quick response.

1) Just don't use your daily... huh, yeah that could work >.>

2) 1.1mil... geez, I mean I recall the difference between 60's HR and 70 but it's still hard to believe that sharp an increase down the line. Any clue if Recovery works on Divine Call recharge rate? Is your best bet for building them up spamming encounters(well, the one you have after Bond + Vow) and hoping for Vengeful Judge to pump them out?

3) The Auras work when someone's in the area for half a second or twenty which is why I felt like they were a bit more versatile in this area. I just know on my HR when I back up to use Longstrider Shot, it's not that far to be 'more than 30ft away' for the full effects. Still 10% recovery (and only gear recovery) ultimately isn't going to be that much, going by the stat lines on this build another 3% recharge rate and 1.5% AP gain (if I stop at 6k Recovery).

4) Terror for the Debuff, alright noted- much obliged.

5) +4 Cha belt it is... need it to make the most of my stats.
    All you need to do to update the contents page is highlight the code section i made, numbers and all, and then copy and paste it in place of the current table of contents that you have in your first post. What i did was basically rewrite your whole ToC section to include the hyperlinks and such for the ToC. When you copy and paste, the code tags i included in my post to make everything visible to you will not copy over and so you will end up with the correct visual look. I had to place the hyperlinks i made in code tags or else all you would have seen was the final version and you could not have copied and then pasted my work into your ToC

As to how to make it, on these forums the address for the permalink to a particular thread is hidden in the date that the post was made under the Poster's name/post count/user status. simply click that link and you will reload the page with the permalink in your address bar. copy that address and then in the post you are editing (do this in 2 different tabs so you are not interrupting the post you are editing and possibly losing work) (this works best as an edit since you can't get permalinks posts not yet made) click the URL button (beside the smiley face emoji button) and paste the address into the popup you get.
    The code to create a hyperlink will appear in the place where your typing cursor is and a section of what appears will automatically be highlighed. The text in this highlighted section will be the text that actually appears as the blue hyperlink, so you can either leave it as the default hyperlink (which is ugly and messy) or write a description of the page/post you are linking to like i did.
    Another way to do this is to write the text that you wish to have as the hyperlink description first and then highlight that text before you click the URL button and paste the address, what this does is automatically include the highlighted text into the code for the hyperlink so that you don't have to type the stuff in afterwards (i like this method better since you can do up your ToC first so you know what it looks like and then just add in the hyperlinks after). When you are done your edit (but before you post) your entry area will look like what i posted above (without the blue coloring). If you preview on your post you will see what it looks like as the final version. if it still looks strange then you mis-copied what wrote and some part of tag was not included.

Here is an explanation of tags and how HTML markup works
    edited October 2015
    scathias said:

All you need to do to update the contents page is highlight the code section i made, numbers and all, and then copy and paste it in place of the current table of contents that you have in your first post. What i did was basically rewrite your whole ToC section to include the hyperlinks and such for the ToC. When you copy and paste, the code tags i included in my post to make everything visible to you will not copy over and so you will end up with the correct visual look. I had to place the hyperlinks i made in code tags or else all you would have seen was the final version and you could not have copied and then pasted my work into your ToC

As to how to make it, on these forums the address for the permalink to a particular thread is hidden in the date that the post was made under the Poster's name/post count/user status. simply click that link and you will reload the page with the permalink in your address bar. copy that address and then in the post you are editing (do this in 2 different tabs so you are not interrupting the post you are editing and possibly losing work) (this works best as an edit since you can't get permalinks posts not yet made) click the URL button (beside the smiley face emoji button) and paste the address into the popup you get.
    The code to create a hyperlink will appear in the place where your typing cursor is and a section of what appears will automatically be highlighed. The text in this highlighted section will be the text that actually appears as the blue hyperlink, so you can either leave it as the default hyperlink (which is ugly and messy) or write a description of the page/post you are linking to like i did.
    Another way to do this is to write the text that you wish to have as the hyperlink description first and then highlight that text before you click the URL button and paste the address, what this does is automatically include the highlighted text into the code for the hyperlink so that you don't have to type the stuff in afterwards (i like this method better since you can do up your ToC first so you know what it looks like and then just add in the hyperlinks after). When you are done your edit (but before you post) your entry area will look like what i posted above (without the blue coloring). If you preview on your post you will see what it looks like as the final version. if it still looks strange then you mis-copied what wrote and some part of tag was not included.

Here is an explanation of tags and how HTML markup works

I have tried editing it various times and it appears exactly as it appears in your code brackets there, it seems the game does not like the editing of posts for the creation of links. The difference seems to be that my initial post was created on the old forums and it says at the bottem, "you may use basic bbcode in your posts" where as since it has been moved, comments I have made since say..."you may use basic html"

Sorry for not being the best at understanding this, its not my area of expertise.

*edit
    So with a little bit of exploring I managed to find the Wikipedia page showing the BBCode equivalent of html, which allowed me to transpose what you wrote there to something that will work on the old post. Thanks all the same :)
    Post edited by thefabricant on
    Ah, i didn't know the old forums did this stuff with BBC code instead, and i don't quite understand how they couldn't make everything use HTML now instead of needing one for the old stuff and one for the new... anyways. I am glad you figured it out, if i had known you needed BBC i would have done that for you instead :D
  • s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    @dairiuschi3 -- indeed, not using your daily is the right thing to do. You really only encounter this in IWD or WoD during Heroic encounters that attract a LOT of attention ie: Beholders, Dragon Runs, etc. Tiamat during the cleric phase is actually okay to use daily but not during head phase. This is inconvenient but at least it's situational.
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • bayledomon123bayledomon123 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Hello, when running a regular dungeon and don't need to be healing much what encounters are best used to put out the most dps? Thank you in advance. This is a great thread and thank you everyone.

Hello, when running a regular dungeon and don't need to be healing much what encounters are best used to put out the most dps? Thank you in advance. This is a great thread and thank you everyone.

I recommend Burning Light, Vow of Enmity or Templar's Wrath, Relentless Avenger if solo but if in a party then Smite.
  • dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    you forgot tiefling as a race. con+cha, +dmg when mobs are under 50% and dmg reduction proc on getting hit.

i will always choose to max con, as the only way to boost aura of courage is more hp. and its such a massive group buff.
    i'd rate divine judgement slightly higher. often the group is easily clearing dungeons so more dps is better than shield.

feats: steadfast over force of will + divine wisdom, so much of your damage can not possibly crit so why bother speccing for extra crit and same with healing, vow+bond+prism is plenty of healing so why do i need more thats what tab and burning light are for. where as more hp will make you survive better and buff aura of courage.

same thing with weapon mastery, 3% crit is not going to change your damage or healing in a sigificant way. however maxing divine action will get you more shields or judgements and thus more prism action.

just my 2 cents. thanks for the hard work.

bkt5789 said:

It depends, I like to do dungeons sometimes without a tank, in which case I act as an offtank on my pally. Due to this, I would rather not get an owl as it is important that I am able to hold aggro. If you would rather not generate aggro though, then it is likely a good choice.
    if we're talking bought pets, being able to swap an owl with a dread warrior will solve the i want to tank or not issue.

I recommend Burning Light, Vow of Enmity or Templar's Wrath, Relentless Avenger if solo but if in a party then Smite.
    why smite over bond in any group situation. since bg procs off of attempted heals it would seem bond would always be the better choice.
    dufisto said:

why smite over bond in any group situation. since bg procs off of attempted heals it would seem bond would always be the better choice.
    Sorry, to clarify, I thought he was reffering to dungeons like dread ring lairs. If what he actually meant was regular tos etc, then vow, bond ra/bl.

• bayledomon123bayledomon123 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    dufisto said:

Hello, What is bg again? What I was wondering is when i am in any regular dungeon that is under ilvl 1600 (since I'm not there yet) and there is no need for me to heal group, which encounters would be best used, to put out the most dps. Thank you.

dufisto said:

Hello, What is bg again? What I was wondering is when i am in any regular dungeon that is under ilvl 1600 (since I'm not there yet) and there is no need for me to heal group, which encounters would be best used, to put out the most dps. Thank you.
    Burning guidance, a boon from dread ring = BG and if you aren't healing, then you will want to use ra/smite, burning light and templar's wrath/vow of enmity.
    edited October 2015

dufisto said:

Burning guidance, a boon from dread ring = BG and if you aren't healing, then you will want to use ra/smite, burning light and templar's wrath/vow of enmity.
    for the love of all that is good and proper, please dont use relentless avenger in a group. knocking mobs all over the place not only lowers your dps ( smite/burning/templars/bg are all low radius aoes) but lowers your groups dmg output and makes keeping agro a pain in the rear for your tanks.

ra's best ( and imo only) purposes are knocking mobs off cliffs/into pits. and knocking players off pvp cap points. its decent enough for solo i guess.
    dufisto said:

dufisto said:

for the love of all that is good and proper, please dont use relentless avenger in a group. knocking mobs all over the place not only lowers your dps ( smite/burning/templars/bg are all low radius aoes) but lowers your groups dmg output and makes keeping agro a pain in the rear for your tanks.

ra's best ( and imo only) purposes are knocking mobs off cliffs/into pits. and knocking players off pvp cap points. its decent enough for solo i guess.
    RA OR SMITE... the OR is there because its painful for groups if you knock stuff around, but, if you are solo its fine to use, if you are rushing from door to door in a group its also fine to use (because you not stopping to kill monsters so using it to dash ahead, hit something and regen AP helps and doesn't hurt group dps) and if there is no tank, only a healer and you can't keep up perma daily in a t2 without RA, its also fine to use. dead dps deal no damage and shield of faith makes a huge difference, same goes for dp.
    If I stack recovery which I'm doing to boost my ap gain (currently at 40%), can I switch the feat echoes of light to beacon of hope? And would that proc more burning guidance?

This build had great syngery with tankadins running that Leroy Jenkins build cause their bg hits your vowed target cause damage and heals and more damage. Though for optimal insanity it's best to run with two Devo with this build, vow the same target, and have bonds up.
    bkt5789 said:

If I stack recovery which I'm doing to boost my ap gain (currently at 40%), can I switch the feat echoes of light to beacon of hope? And would that proc more burning guidance?

This build had great syngery with tankadins running that Leroy Jenkins build cause their bg hits your vowed target cause damage and heals and more damage. Though for optimal insanity it's best to run with two Devo with this build, vow the same target, and have bonds up.

i wouldnt do it. a 5% chance to cast burning light again instantly is better imo than a single heal every 10-15 seconds. as long as echo is providing 1 or more extra burning light per combat minute it is out performing bacon.

This discussion has been closed.