test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DragonFlight Gear and Seals of the Protector

sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
Many players, including myself, are already burnt out on grinding Seals of the Protector in module 6.
I am utterly shocked to see that Seals of the protector will, once again, be required to get BiS gear.

Requiring guild marks and Fangs of the Dragonflight is fine. I have no problem with that.

Some players, including myself, enjoy playing more than one character.
Grinding out so many seals of the protector on multiple characters, especially after we just did it in module 6, is outrageous.

Please remove/reduce the required amount of seals. at least 50% reduction.
Or give us an alternative way to obtain seals of the protector, such as by allowing players to salvage old gear in order to get the seals back, or allow us to convert seals of the elements into seals of the protector.
Please. I beg you.

I notice the requirements to get pvp and pve gear have similarities, and this is a problem.
Why? Because many pve players don't enjoy running the same 1-3 dungeons every day.
Pvp player are more concerned about the quality of combat, and less concerned about the quality of the map itself.
pve players are more concerned about adventure. It's hard to enjoy the adventure when you've already experienced it many tens/hundreds of times.

I am excited about strongholds, but I'm appalled at the thought of re-grinding seals of the protector.

Comments

• Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    Everyone should warn their guildmates to save Seals of the Protector for strongholds.
    I already did.
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    How would you feel if we occasionally had a 2x Seals weekend?
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    That still does not help those people that flat out do not like to run dungeons or PvP. These people should still be able to play your game with close to BiS items. There are people that only like to play the game solo, and you are slowly pushing these people away from the game, and some even have solo guilds. The best way to fix it would probably be zen shop or slowly through normal game play.
  • Options
    zetahatatezetahatate Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    To be honest, the seal drop rate in T2 dungeons may need to be tweaked some, because while the cache gives out an okay amount, repeated running of the dungeons isn't particularly worth it outside of trying to get the T1.5 gear. Possibly putting it closer to how Seals of the Element drop, due to the high price of the newer items, as well as other requirements one would need outside of just the Seals, such as the Dragon Fangs and the Guild Contributions, not to mention that these cost a bit more than the old armor sets with the seals anyway.

But if you're not going to do that, then I suppose a seal weekend periodically might help. Probably not that much, but it'd be better than what we have now.

Of course, a lot of this is dependant on if you can only get it from the shop, which I wouldn't be surprised if it were the case considering the current T2 pieces.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Grinding out content should not be the sole purpose of a players time in game. I know my apathy levels don't let me go beyond invoking and for my Paladin, gaining boons. Regular 2x events (monthly?) might help address those concerns of the more dedicated player though.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    panderus wrote: »

The problem with using 2x(stuff) events is that it ends up being a bandaid solution to benchmarks that have been set too high in the first place. When you need the 2x(stuff) event to be active in order to actually see any progress, it indicates a serious problem with the base system. This applies to RP, and now XP, and apparently now seals as well.

People who miss these events feel cheated because they were unable to participate because of other commitments, or in the case of RP because they used theirs up too soon (often at least in part because of the strain on storage space).

The grindiness of the current state of Neverwinter is why most of the people I used to play with are gone, and not likely to come back. Bandaids won't stem an arterial bleed.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2015
    Hey everyone, I've created a new thread devoted to feedback and discussion for rewards in M7: Strongholds, since we'd like to keep the discussion centralized, I'm going to have this thread closed and include my below response in that original thread. If you'd like to continue discussing the topics from this thread, please head over to: Stronghold - Rewards, and do so!
    That still does not help those people that flat out do not like to run dungeons or PvP.

The new set of guild armor, which is item level 125, is targeted at players who are not necessarily interested in participating in end game, but still want to be able to enjoy more casual content with their guildmates. We plan to continue to release equipment targeted at all brackets of play.

Although this particular set is focused around guilds, you shouldn't expect that there will be no future sets available via other means.
    sangrine wrote: »
    Everyone should warn their guildmates to save Seals of the Protector for strongholds.
    I already did.

While Seals of the Protector will be necessary to obtain dragonflight equipment, obtaining the requisite number of fangs will be the more difficult task in most cases. If more of your guild is outfitted in elven equipment, you will have an easier time defeating more dragons, thus pulling in more fangs.
    panderus wrote: »

People who miss these events feel cheated because they were unable to participate because of other commitments.

We are looking into easing the restrictions on obtaining Seals of the Protector, though I can't say what the time frame on those adjustments will be. Rest assured that if we were to hold a bonus seals event, it would be in addition to any other changes.

This discussion has been closed.