test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stronghold PvE - Dragonflight Feedback

Welcome to the Stronghold, watch out for the dragons! Every 2 hours when the activity, "The Travelling Wizard" is active, members of the guild can trigger the Dragonflight guild event.

Please post your feedback on anything related to the Dragonflight.

Please use the below format to submit bugs/feedback.

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
Please use “Bold” face text for the Type then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use BLUE.
(Concise Feedback & Screen Shots are much appreciated)

Examples:
Bug: Black Dragon
The Black Dragon is actually red.

The Red Dragon was fun! But maybe too easy?
Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer

Comments

• Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    BUG: Blue Dragon has 160k Unresistable Piercing Damage Instant Attack

And that my Friends is how the Blue Dragon defeats Everyone​​

I'd elaborate. Not only it's piercing damage, the range of that attack can reach the CAMPFIRE and kill even the dead people trying to res themselves. As hilarious as it is, it can't go live.
    The green dragon is also extremely powerful and the poison is doing slightly too much damage.

What I would suggest - make the fight include gems much like in tiamat, protecting guildies for a short period of time from upcoming attacks and to compensate give the dragons slightly more HP and make the whole HE DPS/buff dependant rather than struggling to stay alive to even swing a sword. And that's coming from a BIS player with an entire team of 15 other BIS guildies (bis only on preview though) who just couldn't kill the blue dragon due to wiping every 7 seconds on average. Difficulty must be adjusted.

Also regarding the event - there needs to be a clear timer on when the event is going to start. Since it's every 2 hours and not every hour, there's no way to know unless a guildie is keeping tabs. There needs to be an event listed for it once you enter the Stronghold and press L. Very difficult to organize a team of 20 people in the 5 minute summon window we have without preparation.
    Post edited by rinat114 on
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    I assume because you have data saying a lot of people are doing the dragonzerg out in wod you decided to recreate the same thing in strongholds. They aren't doing it because they like it, they do it because of the rewards. Its really, really tedious to play.

I haven't completed the event on preview but I did go fight a dragon for a bit. Wasn't terribly exciting, dodge red and stay away from it or it does you instantly with an at will.

• Options
    azurefireeazurefiree Member Posts: 1 Arc User

First of all, I'm the leader of a fairly small guild. I expected strongholds to be somewhat harder because of that. That's fine. However, I still believe it should be possible without a huge guild to actually complete the content in Strongholds.

I noticed the NPC said some of the dragons are easier than others. I do think that is a good idea, and as long as I can kill 1 of the 4 dragons with a small group of players (2-4ish) I'll eventually be able to get enough dragon fangs. That said, I don't get the requirement of 5 players to summon them either. I assume it's to make sure people don't summon the dragons before anyone is ready, but with 5 minutes to do so it's not like that would be much of an issue anyways.

• Options
    azurefiree wrote: »

First of all, I'm the leader of a fairly small guild. I expected strongholds to be somewhat harder because of that. That's fine. However, I still believe it should be possible without a huge guild to actually complete the content in Strongholds.

I noticed the NPC said some of the dragons are easier than others. I do think that is a good idea, and as long as I can kill 1 of the 4 dragons with a small group of players (2-4ish) I'll eventually be able to get enough dragon fangs. That said, I don't get the requirement of 5 players to summon them either. I assume it's to make sure people don't summon the dragons before anyone is ready, but with 5 minutes to do so it's not like that would be much of an issue anyways.

You can't beat the easiest dragon with 2 - 4 people. We killed it in 5 minutes with 14, make it 7 and one or two extremely good DPS for a 10 minute run.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I see that as a potentially serious problem for small guilds, and not one that should have to be addressed via aggressive recruiting.

That is assuming there's no way to obtain these dragon fangs without actually being able to down the brutes, since it sounds like they are a required currency at some point.

Can they be sensitive to how many participants are present in some way?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    I see that as a potentially serious problem for small guilds, and not one that should have to be addressed via aggressive recruiting.

It is a serious problem. We are very lucky if we have five players from our guild online at the same time. Therefore we hardly will be able to the dragon encounter.

Recruiting enough players will be difficult too. There are other small guilds wanting to do that and only a limited number of players without a guild.

My guess is that some of the small guilds will die. That's bad. This should be taken into account.

• Options
    balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I have a small guild, 3...me, myself, and I...The guild won't die, but obviously I will not be able to get the best stuff if it takes killing the dragons to get it, and I'm probably not alone in this.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I have the same problem you have too. At the moment I am the only active player in my guild, all the others quit last year after Mod4 came out. So my guild is basically all of my 16 characters. Even with the others it was only I think 6 accounts, so trying to have 5 online at the same time was almost impossible. I am thinking the developers think all guilds are over 40-50 different accounts, but guilds come in all different sizes. So things in each Stronghold need to be tailored to the size of guild you are, not scaled the exact same for all guilds.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    We're not a huge guild.. and we know and understand that it's going to take time to get structures ranked up and Dragonfangs.

Mod 6 didn't kill us. Mod 7 sure isn't going to.

Be patient.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    mod 6 was really bad, I'm more worried about another total flop killing them not you
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    We're not a huge guild.. and we know and understand that it's going to take time to get structures ranked up and Dragonfangs.

Mod 6 didn't kill us. Mod 7 sure isn't going to.

Be patient.

My concern in this particular case is whether it draws a hard line between "takes longer" and "utterly impossible".

If the only way to earn fangs is by defeating a dragon that takes 10 players, then a guild with 5 players is screwed.

If you can get one just for trying, then I will feed myself to dragons, repeatedly.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Feedback/Question: Dragon Empowerers
    Have the "empowerers" been placed yet? I looked everywhere for one while we were taking on the red dragon (who was beautiful, BTW.. great job on her), but didn't see anything.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    marcoparad85marcoparad85 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    BIG BAD BUG: Something is very wrong here

121bdvl.png

10h6ohe.png

2gy1x6a.png

2rd8fi1.png

Kinda pointless to even go to the Green one. Wasn't he supposed to be one of the easy ones?

• Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

121bdvl.png

10h6ohe.png

2gy1x6a.png

2rd8fi1.png

Kinda pointless to even go to the Green one. Wasn't he supposed to be one of the easy ones?

That looks broken to me! I'll speak with the team that worked on the encounters about that one, I certainly don't remember taking 4 million damage last time I fought the green dragon!

For those speculating about the blue dragon's thunder spike attack being bugged. Katatheo is one of the two more difficult dragons, along with Ekdos. It might be worth consulting the traveling wizard...
  • Options
    asterdahl wrote: »
    For those speculating about the blue dragon's thunder spike attack being bugged. Katatheo is one of the two more difficult dragons, along with Ekdos. It might be worth consulting the traveling wizard...

Piercing damage is not the main complaint, it's the range. As in, you die, you spawn at the campfire, you die instantly AGAIN. Range of that attack should be near the dragon only, not by the campfire.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User

I would love to care about this event (I REALLY would) but in no way does it help my character for PVP. PLEASE consider removing tenacity on gear, re-allocate that stat back into the base stats on the armor and give ALL players @ 70 a natural 40% tenacity effect.

This opens up ALL gear sets (including PVE gear) for PVP and PVE as well as removes the gear divide. Right now my guild has ZERO desire to do this and the gear COULD be very good for PVP!
  • Options

121bdvl.png

10h6ohe.png

2gy1x6a.png

2rd8fi1.png

The team has been looking into this issue, one question Macroparad85, how long into the fight did you start to see these numbers? Was it right from the start? If not, did you see any dragon empowerers up? Instynctive mentioned above your post that his team did not see any on the red dragon.
    rinat114 wrote: »
    asterdahl wrote: »

Piercing damage is not the main complaint, it's the range. As in, you die, you spawn at the campfire, you die instantly AGAIN. Range of that attack should be near the dragon only, not by the campfire.

I'll definitely let the encounter team know, the range if that tank mechanic is not properly dealt with is supposed to be big enough that no one on the team can run away, but perhaps the campfire is a bit too far!

• Options
    Yep asterdahl you are right. There was a dragon empowerer up near the lake but we couldn't reach him with that kind of damage from the dragon.

• Options
    Yep asterdahl you are right. There was a dragon empowerer up near the lake but we couldn't reach him with that kind of damage from the dragon.

We weren't able to reproduce that sort of damage from Oxuno without a dragon empowerer being up for a long time. We're looking into whether or not there could have been any issues with the empowerers being visible/targetable.

Please keep sending this feedback. That being said, if you do happen to leave them empowerers up, the dragon's damage will scale significantly over time. The effect ends when all empowerers are killed.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Ok maybe that's the problem. There was only one empowerer visible/targetable in all the encounter, and when he appeared we weren't able to reach him due to the damage being dealt by the dragon. Maybe there were other empowerers hidden to us?