test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to get past loading screen

dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
I just finished DLing the patch update for the previewshard / stronghold.. I get loading screen but at bottom left corning is says somthing about tesselation missing and something else.. then screen minimizes then pops back up black and within 2 min or less i get a program not responding... I have let it run for almost 10 min and still not able to get the game to load.. any help??..

BTW I have tried safe mode.. US proxy on and off both ways, still no luck..
5790248SLdyC.png

Comments

• Options
    Tesselaion not supported... skipping domain shader creation.. This isis the message on the bottom Left corner of the NEverwinter loading screen after the cryptic loading screen\.. then the screen goes black, minimizes, then pops back up as a white screen with neverwinter (not responding) error.. any ideas??
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Please try this:
    blackdroon wrote: »
    @dyeslee

Write -d3d9 at the command line at options and then save it, after that try loading preview again.
    Let me know if that resolves it for you. Thanks!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Also, if that doesn't work, please try removing that command line, click save then go back and check to load in Safe Mode. Let me know here please. Thanks!
  • Options
    fabioramonefabioramone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    Zebular, i tried it. Not solved! :(
  • Options
    Zebular, i tried it. Not solved! :(
    Did you then also try loading it in Safe Mode? There's a Safe Mode option to check in the launcher options. Please try that if you didn't.
  • Options
    fabioramonefabioramone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    Yeah, I did. This error just happen when i try log in preview. I can play normally without being in preview.
  • Options
    kobayashinkobayashin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have the same issue, please help
  • Options
    The -d3d9 in the command line allowed mine to work.. TY for the help
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I have a super hard time loading into preview as well. Best case scenario, I restart Arc, and then it will let me in. Worst case scenario, I have to restart my computer.

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for the report! A couple questions:
    • Do you have a DxDiag output file you can link? (Please be certain you're not sending personally-identifying info with this, e.g. if your computer name contains private data. I can work with Strumslinger on private sending options if you'd like.)
    • Does this happen 100% of the time on your machine?
    • How many attempts have you made?
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I can get the preview server to load only in "safe mode". If I try to load it in normal mode it gets to the title page and just sits there, just saying material files reloaded at the bottom.
  • Options
    balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I usually play in windowed mode, but when going into preview I also got that white screen and not responding. In the launcher I switched to fullscreen and it doesn't do it any more. Then when i get in the game, I can switch back to windowed with no problems.
  • Options
    terramak wrote: »
    Thank you for the report! A couple questions:
    • Do you have a DxDiag output file you can link? (Please be certain you're not sending personally-identifying info with this, e.g. if your computer name contains private data. I can work with Strumslinger on private sending options if you'd like.)
    • Does this happen 100% of the time on your machine?
    • How many attempts have you made?

The -d3d9 thing has worked for a number of my guildies, but not everyone. I can have them do a dxdiag if you'd like.

Thanks for taking a personal interest in this!
    header.png
  • Options
    prynnceprynnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 82 Arc User
    I cannot get past the neverwinter launcher into preview, screens goes black with busy mouse and it doesn't load. I try selecting wait for program when the program comes up but it just goes on forever. Finally have to close client.
  • Options
    beck54beck54 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    prynnce wrote: »
    I cannot get past the neverwinter launcher into preview, screens goes black with busy mouse and it doesn't load. I try selecting wait for program when the program comes up but it just goes on forever. Finally have to close client.

same here as well.
  • Options
    beck54beck54 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    its letting me in via safe mode
  • Options
    The -d3d9 command is giving me an odd blue color in leaves and stuff in the live server:
    FZgu8mc.jpg
    9R6rWkT.gif

I can make it go away by setting my graphics to "Low", or removing the -d3d9 from the command line.

Has anyone else experienced it?
    header.png
  • Options
    dublin14dublin14 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I am also having the same issue, and none of the above helped me. Windows has updated a ton of stuff this week, is it possible they have messed something up? Both of my computers can play normally and neither can get into test server now.
  • Options
    dublin14dublin14 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I found a way to get it to work for me. I right clicked on the Neverwinter shortcut(You can do this in the menus if you don't have a direct shortcut) and I clicked troubleshoot compatability. It scanned, and said that the settings were wrong, it corrected them and gave me a chance to try it before it closed. And it worked. the first time. On both my vista computer and the windows 8 computer.
  • Options
    isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I have a similar issue but It seems to be crashing my display driver when I launch preview
  • Options
    kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    I am also getting the never ending load. It gets as far as material files reloaded and that's it.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    I have this problem too. It was like that on Owlbear and once m7 rolled to Preview it started happening there. For me, I can get it to when when I remember to check Safe Mode, but since that resets every time, if I forget it will crash once it tries to load the character list. I haven't tried the command line though, will do that next time and see how it goes.
  • Options
    isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    Yeah at this rate I wont be able to play Module 7+